PDA

View Full Version : New Years Proposal

Harvey
01-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, some people were interested so I thought I would post it up. She said yes.

We started out the night with a drink at the house then had reservations at a resteraunt that we have been eating at for years. Some of you in the DFW area might know it, Sardines in Ft Worth. After dinner and just before dessert, I told her she was the most important person in my life and I asked her. After spending 6 years with her and going through ups and downs I darn near lost it. She was elated and smiling ear to ear. Afterwards we went downtown to our favorite pub and had a beer. Before midnight we made it home to have a bottle of champange...I will leave it at that.

I can tell you this I really think that eloping is the way to go because I already don't want to plan a wedding! If our families wouldn't kill us we would just go to the beach in Jamacia and come back married.

betsy&david Harrison
01-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Congrats to you!! B

phecksel
01-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Well, some people were interested so I thought I would post it up. She said yes.

We started out the night with a drink at the house then had reservations at a resteraunt that we have been eating at for years. Some of you in the DFW area might know it, Sardines in Ft Worth. After dinner and just before dessert, I told her she was the most important person in my life and I asked her. After spending 6 years with her and going through ups and downs I darn near lost it. She was elated and smiling ear to ear. Afterwards we went downtown to our favorite pub and had a beer. Before midnight we made it home to have a bottle of champange...I will leave it at that.

I can tell you this I really think that eloping is the way to go because I already don't want to plan a wedding! If our families wouldn't kill us we would just go to the beach in Jamacia and come back married.

Congrats!

Do the Jamaica wedding and come back to party, LOL

I didn't, wish I had. But, we did the wedding and ceremony and the cheap, and everybody loved it. Wedding at the house, literally on top of the boat house. Found the minister on-line and she was fantastic. Partied at the Moose Lodge, with an independent caterer. DJ found on-line too. We had to decorate the lodge ourselves. It was a BLAST.

trickskier
01-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Congratulations!! I met my wife at a wedding. We married after dating 11 months. Going on 23 fabulous years!!!

#47of100TeamMC
01-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Congrats!

And ya know, you should Elope... I know there are father's and mother's on this site that might be offended by this. But ya know, It's YOUR wedding. and if you don't want the stress, and headache of planning a wedding (believe me it was a HUGE headache!) Then you should just up and go get it done somewhere warm and romantic by yourselves. After all that's what it's about is the 2 of you. I speak from experience when I say, If you try to please one or both of your parents... GOOD LUCK! you'll end up pulling your hair out when her mom wants to invite aunt Agnus. and you have never met the lady! and you have to cut down your guest list to 200 people and your mother's collectively have 325. which still doesn't include your friends!

So, in closing, YES, Go Elope and send your family a post card!!

(ok, upon reading this a second time, it might come across as more of a thread jack for my ranting:rant: , That which I apologize for)

OH, and Congrats again!

TMCNo1
01-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Congratulations and do what makes the 2 of you happy!

RexDog1
01-02-2007, 12:30 PM
:toast: Congrats :toast:

It will change your life, and I will leave it at that………:rolleyes:

good luck:headbang:

Harvey
01-02-2007, 12:47 PM
#47 - My mom will be a non-issue. My fiance will probably not let her mom do anything like normal. Heck, I think her dad and mine would chip in and pay for us to elope. It's more about my 87 yr old grandfather who loves both of us to death. My fiance drove him everyday for a month to the hospital for radiation treatments for prostate cancer and I am his favorite grandson. He would be a little dissappointed if he wasn't able to come. If we can't get him to fly out of country then we have some ideas to make it the way we want and still have the ability for people to show up.

Jesus_Freak
01-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Excellent!! Congrats to the both of you. I wish you the absolute best. I saw your post saying that you planned to propose. Glad you were able to follow through.

Harvey
01-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Excellent!! Congrats to the both of you. I wish you the absolute best. I saw your post saying that you planned to propose. Glad you were able to follow through.

I knew I was going to follow through. She started thinking something was funny when I sucked down three glasses of wine before I took my first bite of veal. I felt a little more relaxed after that. :D

Leroy
01-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Congratulations Harvey! I thought I would hate a big wedding and we almost eloped as we had a Priest on the dive trip we were engaged on. In the end the wedding and reception was a blast. I always said I want to do it once and enjoy it!

Best advice we were given, don't let the wedding spoil the engagement!

Ric
01-02-2007, 01:14 PM

I can tell you this I really think that eloping is the way to go because I already don't want to plan a wedding! If our families wouldn't kill us we would just go to the beach in Jamacia and come back married. I offer congratulations and two more words for you : VEGAS BABY

sanjuan23
01-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Congrats to you and the future Mrs.. Funny that you mention Sardines that is exactly where the wife and I went right after I proposed almost 5 years ago. Good luck with the planning and remember as much as you want what ever you decide to be about the two of you unfortunately it's for everyone else as well.

pram
01-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Congratulations and All the Best in the Future. Hope you can find someway to include your Grandfather in the event and still be able to do what you want.

SkiDog
01-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took some nerve didn't it? I got a great idea for you.:D Make a reservation down at Club Paradise in Land-O-Lakes Fl. and get married there........ in the nude! TMC#1 wants to be the best man, and I'll send down the peeping peacock to be the ring bearer! :uglyhamme :toast: :eek3: That would be one ya'll would NEVER forget!
Seriously, Do what it takes to make you both happy as fas as the wedding is concerned, but try to include Grandpa somehow!

Jet
01-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Congratulations !

Both choices are fine, I tried both... with two different wives.

Most important thing is that the final decison makes you both happy !

jbfootin
01-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Congrats!

Had the big wedding almost 10 years ago, and honeymooned in Jamacia. Both me and my wife saw many wedding on the beach that week and said that is where we would marry our 2nd spouces;) ...Well 10 yrs later I am still with my 1st wife and have not tried the beach wedding yet:D

chudson
01-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Way to go Bud and best wishes to your Bride to be and you!!! Next announcement should be when that new little waterskier should be arriving, right?

milkmania
01-02-2007, 03:37 PM
congrats!

happy for you:)

and...................

glad it's you and not me8p

Kyle's_prostar205
01-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Congrats!!!! Sounds like 2007 is going to be awesome for you!:D

Sodar
01-02-2007, 04:22 PM
congrats!

happy for you:)

and...................

glad it's you and not me8p

:D Times Two!! :D

east tx skier
01-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Congrats! I remember trying to be cool about it, too. But when it came down to saying the big words, my voice definitely broke a bit.

victorff
01-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey Milk, with all that empty space I was expecting a picture of what he would be missing!!!

H20skeefreek
01-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Congrats! I wish you all the best. My wife and I were together for 5 years before the wedding, and we are going on our 7th year of marriage. I wish you the same, and many more too!

tex
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Harvey,

Congrats! Sardines is great. I've been taking dates there since high school! I took John David to the old place on their last night just so he could tell his dates that his dad used to take him to hang out. He was about 18 months old.

SteveO
01-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Harvey,

Good stuff my man. Congratulations. Now you have a full time driver. Hope I have the chance to meet her some time soon. Give me a shout if you are looking for any winter riders - drivers.

PendO
01-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Congrats ... my wife and I got married in Vegas at the Bellagio, it was some sort of a package deal, no fuss ... woke up the day after with proofs of the wedding pictures already developed, pretty sweet deal ... we let our families come on their dime ... on one hand we did miss out on all the gifts you get from a regular wedding, but it is so stress free ... a wedding on a beach sounds pretty damn good (especially this time of year) ... the way I figured, once I knew I wanted to get married, I didn't see the point in having to wait 6-9 months just so they could plan out an hour ceremony and 3 hour party.

east tx skier
01-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Congrats ... my wife and I got married in Vegas at the Bellagio, it was some sort of a package deal, no fuss ... woke up the day after with proofs of the wedding pictures already developed, pretty sweet deal ... we let our families come on their dime ... on one hand we did miss out on all the gifts you get from a regular wedding, but it is so stress free ... a wedding on a beach sounds pretty damn good (especially this time of year) ... the way I figured, once I knew I wanted to get married, I didn't see the point in having to wait 6-9 months just so they could plan out an hour ceremony and 3 hour party.

A lot to be said for skipping all the planning. We went for the gifts. 6 month engagement (wouldn't have wanted it a day longer). Had a ball at our wedding/reception, but we gave thought to a practical "let's get it done" conclusion a few times during the process. In the end, it was great. But both ways have their benefits for sure.