PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2000+ driver's seat

cspieser
01-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I am looking to replace my '99 ProStar driver's seat for an updated MasterCraft version. Dealer wants $1,600 brand new. The price is a deal breaker.

I having trouble trying to locate a good used seat or something (new) a little more affordable. I would even consider a seat in poor condition that could be refurbished.

Anyone know a good source to locate a seat replacement at a fair price? I have not been able to see anything on Ebay or other marine websites. The seats on Overton's (Wise) seem a little low (21") in the back, but the price is reasonable.

My interior is red/white. Thanks for any direction you can provide!

crdickey
01-03-2005, 02:11 AM
Try another dealer. $1,600.00 is crazy! :eek3:

MasterCraft of Charlotte, ask for Mike.

Post you message at this site and Mike (MyMC) will reply. http://www.mymastercraft.com/forum/ Pick up the phone and call him, great guy!

cspieser
01-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the contact...talked to Mike and he is "the best". Wish I had him as my local dealer. Turned out that we have some mutual contacts in business and the guy really know boats as well as cars.

He did say that the $1,600 was "out there" and that reality is about $1,200. He also provided an alternative contact in potential salvage boats that may have some "take out" seat that could be available.

Thanks for the advise and hooking me up with the "best guy yet" that I have run accross for MasterCraft knowledge and straight forward honesty.

MYMC
01-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Check your email...I was off by $100. Looks like $1100 still a ton of money for a seat! :eek:

Hard to believe you could buy a nice leather couch for less...sorry some things are beyond my control.