PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cumberland, KY

bbartley78
12-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Has anyone out there ever skiied on Lake Cumberland? We are trying to plan a family trip in July 07 and are looking at renting a houseboat and taking both of our family's MC's (91-190 & 97-200VRS) with us. Our 25yr old son is a hardcore barefoot and slalom skier and we are concerned about the water/weather there for his skiing. Thanks for any input.:smile: Happy New Year

mach 32v
12-30-2006, 11:52 PM
cumberland is a great lake.great footin water also...no disapointments there.:) :)

bbartley78
12-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the input. This family vacation is a big deal to my wife and I would like everyone to have a good time.

jlf
12-31-2006, 12:14 AM
You should check out all the pictures from the Mag Mania II event that took place in Sept. It was on Lake Cumberland, see for yourself what a blast was had by all. We had wakeboarders, barefooters, slalom skiers, air chair and wakesurfing. Find a post by Milkmania and click the link, I'd help you out but I am computer impaired so I don't know how to post links.

jlf
12-31-2006, 12:17 AM
That was my fist time to a that lake and it was so awesome, of course I think the company helped a bit, but the water was awesome. If you found a bad spot or a busy spot you just move to a new cove, always calm water somewhere. I might also say that the water that some people were complaining was rought water to them, it was like glass compaired to what I normally ski/board on. It is mostly protected from the wind by the cliffs on the sides. I am looking forward to making Lake Cumberland and Mag Mania a yearly event (as long as Mag wants to continue to have us all!!)

milkmania
12-31-2006, 02:59 AM
link is in my sig:cool:

note: not dial up safe!!! approx 3000 pics

or click this link.... http://www.milkmania.info/magmania/original/100_6575.html and then click next about 3000 more times:purplaugh

DrNautica
12-31-2006, 03:03 AM

Email me if you have any questions. I'm on Cumberland EVERY weekend... year 'round. It is quite awesome.

www.WaterMakerMan.com

milkmania
12-31-2006, 03:06 AM

Email me if you have any questions. I'm on Cumberland EVERY weekend... year 'round. It is quite awesome.

www.WaterMakerMan.com (http://www.WaterMakerMan.com)
true dat!:headbang:

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-31-2006, 10:27 AM
I'll also confirm that Cumberland is awesome. We still visit almost every year, but moved our houseboat trip to Norris Lake for cheaper rentals.

Our favorite cove is at Cumberland.