PDA

View Full Version : Extra parts in bilge area

Leroy
12-30-2006, 02:13 PM
This past summer I found this washer and nut. They were laying the water as a took out the middle drain. I haven't had any work done and pretty sure the bilge area was completely clean.

They look like they should be significant but I cannot find any place that is missing a nut except for maybe couple of bolts on the front part of the transmission.

billr
12-30-2006, 02:28 PM
I've found parts like that before, and they came from the side panel upholstry. You might look there!

JimN
12-30-2006, 05:08 PM
They use 1/4"-20 studs, stainless washers and nylock nuts for the upholstery. The nut and washer are tri-plated and would be on the motor. Look near the alternator, bracket for the oil cooler or raw water pump. They look like they fit a 5/16" -3/8" stud or bolt.

billr
12-30-2006, 05:54 PM
None of my side panels had nylock nuts, just fender washers, lock washers, and regular nuts. ( all stainless )

Leroy
12-30-2006, 06:20 PM
These are big parts, not the kind that hold trim. I checked the alt bracket but it looked ok. The motor mounts looked ok but there were two bolts near the end of the transmission that could not fall out unless you took out the tranny and did not have nuts on them. I couldn't tell what they did though.

SDAhockey21
12-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Ski Pylon! I just looked at mine. It has one big bolt and washer. Check that. There are four bolts total holding the ski pylon in place to facing forward and two facing back.You might have to take out the fron panel to get to the forward facing bolts. I had to take the panel out once to tighten the pylon.

SDAhockey21
12-30-2006, 07:23 PM
But you have a v drive so.....lol so it might be diff.

Leroy
12-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I accept this, everything is more difficult in a V-drive!

Pylon is a good one, I'll check it out. Thanks!

But you have a v drive so.....lol so it might be diff.

Jerseydave
12-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Looks like a motor mount nut to me, but you said none are missing.

Is that a brass nut, like for something electrical?

SDAhockey21
12-30-2006, 07:36 PM
did you check the pylon i bet thats it

Leroy
12-30-2006, 07:39 PM
It will be next week before I can check again. At storage.

SDAhockey21
12-30-2006, 08:42 PM
bummer that meens its gona bug you all week...

Ric
12-30-2006, 08:43 PM
check the bow eye nuts and the transom lift ring nuts as well as the transom grabrail etc

André
12-30-2006, 09:27 PM
I accept this, everything is more difficult in a V-drive!

Pylon is a good one, I'll check it out. Thanks!
What are you waiting to get a DD, you slalom machine!;)
You know you're not a real wakeboarder ,just playing one on TV.
(Yep,red wine again!)

Leroy
12-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I would like to get something smaller now.....but I go back and forth.

I watched Pull TV again tonight, I may just become a wakeskater! :D

What are you waiting to get a DD, you slalom machine!;)
You know you're not a real wakeboarder ,just playing one on TV.
(Yep,red wine again!)

TMCNo1
12-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Probably vibrated loose from a cup holder?????

Leroy
12-30-2006, 10:29 PM
What kind of answer is this? I'm may just drop a few extra nuts and washers in your bilge for that answer! :D JK, that would be a mean trick to someone that worried about things like this!

Probably vibrated loose from a cup holder?????

Chief
12-30-2006, 11:29 PM
This past summer I found this washer and nut. They were laying the water as a took out the middle drain. I haven't had any work done and pretty sure the bilge area was completely clean.

They look like they should be significant but I cannot find any place that is missing a nut except for maybe couple of bolts on the front part of the transmission.

Looks like about 40 cents in parts.

TMCNo1
12-31-2006, 08:33 AM
What kind of answer is this? I'm may just drop a few extra nuts and washers in your bilge for that answer! :D JK, that would be a mean trick to someone that worried about things like this!

I found a few extra screws, fiberglass debris, small carpet pieces, etc. the first time I lifted my rear floorboard that were apparently trapped during assembly. It just started my collection of spare parts. I just figured it was like getting a free drinking glass or wash rag in a box of DUZ Laundry Detergent. I haven't found anything else in 18 years, so I guess it was just a bonus program.

JohnnyB
12-31-2006, 09:24 AM
My first guess is the same as SDA....those look like the bolts that hold the pylon.

It's good to check/tighten these annually, especially if you use a skylon

SDAhockey21
12-31-2006, 03:48 PM
ya we have a flite pipe for our maristar and at one point i could lift the pylon out.....lol its a pain geting the screws out of the floorboard with an inch long screwdriver..talk about forearms of steel!! took me like 30 min. boy was i missing my drill.... but at least i had the right socket to tighten everything down good!