PDA

View Full Version : This forum has gone off the rails

kpickett
12-29-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm not a frequent poster, but I read the site every day, although I'm not sure why I still do. I joined the site when I was looking for my Mastercraft. After I bought it, I got a lot of great advice and information about my boat. I continued to read the site because I love Mastercrafts and waterskiing, and I try to contribute when I can be of help.

Now, it seems that half the posts have nothing to do with boating. The site has devolved into name-calling and insults. I used to refer other Mastercraft owners to the site, but not anymore. If I were visiting this site (which is owned by Mastercraft) for the first time, I would be so turned off that I wouldn't return. The other boating and skiing sites on the net think of our site as a partisan joke, and I'm not sure they're wrong.

Incidentally, I've met Rod and skied with him, and I find him to be just another guy like me - who loves boats, loves the water, and loves skiing. But this isn't about Rod, it's about having respect for the company that makes the boats we love - Mastercraft.

This is just one guy's plea for this board to return to what it's supposed to be - a forum to discuss Mastercrafts and related subjects.

Kyle Pickett

roddydog
12-29-2006, 06:21 PM
:rant: I'M ALL IN!!!

mitch
12-29-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm not a frequent poster, but I read the site every day, although I'm not sure why I still do. I joined the site when I was looking for my Mastercraft. After I bought it, I got a lot of great advice and information about my boat. I continued to read the site because I love Mastercrafts and waterskiing, and I try to contribute when I can be of help.

Now, it seems that half the posts have nothing to do with boating. The site has devolved into name-calling and insults. I used to refer other Mastercraft owners to the site, but not anymore. If I were visiting this site (which is owned by Mastercraft) for the first time, I would be so turned off that I wouldn't return. The other boating and skiing sites on the net think of our site as a partisan joke, and I'm not sure they're wrong.

Incidentally, I've met Rod and skied with him, and I find him to be just another guy like me - who loves boats, loves the water, and loves skiing. But this isn't about Rod, it's about having respect for the company that makes the boats we love - Mastercraft.

This is just one guy's plea for this board to return to what it's supposed to be - a forum to discuss Mastercrafts and related subjects.

Kyle Pickett

Gene, is that you? :D People are a little bored Kyle, that's all.

Ric
12-29-2006, 06:42 PM
My 197 tows like it's on rails!

Ric
12-29-2006, 06:44 PM

Kyle Pickett Nicholls and skifly are all top notch-subject based chat:rolleyes:

kpickett
12-29-2006, 06:50 PM
I'd say we're giving skifly a run for its money.

Ric
12-29-2006, 08:08 PM
on rails I tellya RAILS

Ric
12-29-2006, 08:09 PM
I can't hassle you too much pickett, you have one of the finest boats I have ever seen.

T Scott
12-29-2006, 08:12 PM

Kyle Pickett

I agree Kyle..however, it is typical for this time of year as most people have their boats tucked away in a garage. Come March/April it will be back to Mastercraft related chatter. To your original point, I too have been turned off lately with regards to the high school banter going back and forth lately.

Can't we all just get along???

Tom

Andrť
12-29-2006, 08:14 PM
My 197 tows like it's on rails!
How'bout your trailer?:D

Ric
12-29-2006, 08:16 PM
How'bout your trailer?:D My trailer is sexy too
I need to get the dang thing out for a few dunks before I praise it's mechanical attributes too much..

east tx skier
12-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Kyle, I agree with you.

Please read this. (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13516)

JimN
12-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Ric- "Nicholls and skifly are all top notch-subject based chat"

This used to be, too. C'mon! Help a brutha out, man! Yeah, it's winter but someone must have a winter boat/ski/'board/pier/lift project that they want to do.

Hoosier Bob
12-29-2006, 09:45 PM
I know why I am here! I really think that the people here are great! MasterCraft is and will be but we are! I take as many liberties here as anyone and have been afforded a few passes in my days here. I did not know Gene but I can say there is no one here I have not had a great time with! Rod has been a blast for different reasons. Rod will not be at the next Hoosier BBQ but I do have fun with him here. We all can weed through the BS. Not one site is more friendly and accomodating than this one we have here. Go to your F150/Malibu/SkiNautique/Lexus Owners and see who you would want behind you in a pinch? I can count on people that I have met here to help another member more than their own family would. Bob Mag Red! He holds a MasterCraft bash at his own cost! We have and will do almost anything for each other! We are a family and if you have always gotten along perfectly with your sister and brother you are a FREAK!:D
Figure it out and I will ride my dirtbikes for awhile. I have other interests, places to be and commitments! I chose to be here and enjoy the privilege.

Take care all of my brothers and sisters and have a safe New Years!

HB

milkmania
12-29-2006, 10:00 PM
been here since '04...
the board appears to go through many seasonal cleansing rituals

always turns back to normal.... such as it is;)

BriEOD
12-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Well since I've read everyone else's 2 cents thought I would add mine:

Been on the site almost daily, going on 6 years this summer (JimN, Andre, Doug and I, I'm sure have tenure--probably JimN is senior). I've seen a lot of people come and go. I've seen a lot of flare-ups and some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen on line (i.e. the Toolman). I think the site is great. I wouldn't change a thing. I haven't been on as frequently as in the past, but I see lots of new names, etc. The nucleus of folks keeps things moving along. In response to not being like other sites, you're right it is not. However, jump over to those other sites and ask those guys when they have a new baby do they get gifts from the regulars, or do they get Christmas cards mailed to them from other regulars? Their is a lot of extracurricular BS that goes on, but no one forces anyone to read every thread. Wade through and find the ones that interest you. If someone bothers you put them on ignore. To my "imaginary friends on the MC site" (dubbed so by my bride) I hope you all have a Happy New Year and I look forward to another year of advice, laughs and 2 cents.

MarkP
12-29-2006, 10:37 PM

Been on the site almost daily, going on 6 years this summer (JimN, Andre, Doug and I, I'm sure have tenure--probably JimN is senior). I've seen a lot of people come and go. I've seen a lot of flare-ups and some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen on line (i.e. the Toolman). I think the site is great. I wouldn't change a thing. I haven't been on as frequently as in the past, but I see lots of new names, etc. The nucleus of folks keeps things moving along. In response to not being like other sites, you're right it is not. However, jump over to those other sites and ask those guys when they have a new baby do they get gifts from the regulars, or do they get Christmas cards mailed to them from other regulars? Their is a lot of extracurricular BS that goes on, but no one forces anyone to read every thread. Wade through and find the ones that interest you. If someone bothers you put them on ignore. To my "imaginary friends on the MC site" (dubbed so by my bride) I hope you all have a Happy New Year and I look forward to another year of advice, laughs and 2 cents.
Thatís enough out-a you! Itís the Canadians I tell ya!!! Thatís the DAM problem!!

Chief
12-29-2006, 10:42 PM
:D Everyone have a happy f'ing New Year and enroll in a sensitivity class for next year. No more bashing each f'ing other and focus on f'ing fixing the f'ing boats and handing out f'ing good advice and f'ing pictures on the hot f'ing boats and girls. Oh I'm f'ing drunk!

Hoosier Bob
12-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Pour one out(into a glass) for your homies my brother!

Andrť
12-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Thatís enough out-a you! Itís the Canadians I tell ya!!! Thatís the DAM problem!!

NO no no.The real problem are the stay-at-home dads who do nothing but surf the net all day long...Poor kids.

Chief
12-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Pour one out(into a glass) for your homies my brother!

I got your back!

dmayer84
12-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Mezcal anyone??????:friday::banana::toast:

Hoosier Bob
12-29-2006, 11:04 PM
How soon can you be here?:confused: :D

dmayer84
12-29-2006, 11:05 PM
How soon can you be here?:confused: :D

Question is how soon you can be here that kegerator is full, and lots of liquor, who wants the worm?

Hoosier Bob
12-29-2006, 11:07 PM
I had the keys in my hand and was ready until the "Worm" comment! You had me at Hello! You lost me at the "Worm!":D Question is how soon you can be here that kegerator is full, and lots of liquor, who wants the worm?

dmayer84
12-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I had the keys in my hand and was ready until the "Worm" comment! You had me at Hello! You lost me at the "Worm!":D

Oh yeah whoever does the worm gets an extra cuban forgot that part.

Hoosier Bob
12-29-2006, 11:12 PM
You aren't Cuban are you?:o

Monte
12-29-2006, 11:14 PM
I blame HB for alllllllll of it

dmayer84
12-29-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm not but those damn cigars are

Hoosier Bob
12-29-2006, 11:17 PM
I think we have reached an accord! I am in!:D

dmayer84
12-29-2006, 11:22 PM
HB if you come up for new years your gonna be in luck to, a full 1/2 keg of coors light

Upper Michigan Prostar190

I am with you Mark my brutha! Canadians and Californians! They are destroying the integrity that is Team Talk. they must go!8p ;)

Hoosier Bob
Think I can make it back for my party? I am game!

Monte
12-29-2006, 11:24 PM
I am with you Mark my brutha! Canadians and Californians! They are destroying the integrity that is Team Talk. they must go!8p ;)

Negative UMP Negative.....:mad: You must find the inner ZEN and become positive!!!:)

12-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Negative UMP Negative.....:mad: You must find the inner ZEN and become positive!!!:)
oh yea, your right, I signed Staristars contract. EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE!:) thanks for slapping my arse around Monte!

dmayer84
12-29-2006, 11:27 PM
I think you can airport is 20 mins away newark that is

Hoosier Bob
12-29-2006, 11:27 PM
I would rather push a Canadian than ride a Californian! No offense but I am naturally offensive!8p

12-29-2006, 11:30 PM
I would rather push a Canadian than ride a Californian! No offense but I am naturally offensive!8p
Dont tell me about your married life. :rolleyes: come to think of it, you do smell a bit offensive.....:cool: 8p

Leroy
12-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Let speak honestly. I don't think we have "gone off the rails". we need to grow up and suck it in. THis forum is no different than if we were meeting for coffee every morning and talking, there is new stuff all the time. THere are things that go on in the world and we need to be aware of them. If there is a new boat company starting up in CA, great to see what they have I think it is not the beautiful look of an x1 or any xstar, but that's my opinion, and I still wish Rod the best in that venture. Rod knows his skiing and contributes a lot to the site. There are people that can stay on all day and those that only come on at night or weekends. To everyone that comes on it is a honor and priviledge for everyone else. I say chat, contribute, CONTINUE to make this a great community.

That is the problem with email and forums is it can get impersonal and things said that interpeted the wrong way that normally would not be said or if said in person you can tell that person is kidding and laughing as they say it.

Take a deep breath and move on! I do wish i would have right clicked on the f-all sign from Rob, that was a classic! But I was cleaning windows then and my wife would have yelled at me!

Have a tall one everyone and be merry!

Also, if anyone has a Nintendo N64 system for sale PM me! Ours is broken and the prices on ebay have been out of sight!

Leroy

Hoosier Bob
12-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Leroy my brother I will gladly give you one of mine! I have a few and love them! NT 64 just call me and it is yours! I love you my brother and you have been a great third, second and fourth!
Take care!
HB

Monte
12-29-2006, 11:53 PM
thanks for slapping my arse around Monte!

Hmmmmmmmmm no real response............... skeered:rolleyes:

Leroy
12-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Now we are derailed......I'll PM you!

Leroy my brother I will gladly give you one of mine! I have a few and love them! NT 64 just call me and it is yours! I love you my brother and you have been a great third, second and fourth!
Take care!
HB

east tx skier
12-30-2006, 12:37 AM

This was all just another internet forum until BriEOD called Andre "Frenchie!" Hasn't been the same since.

Hoosier Bob
12-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Man I love that Frenchie-Canadian! Ever since his story of how he went to the whatever year Wtr Ski Trny! Security, illegal, beer! After that Andre was my hero!

Leroy
12-30-2006, 12:42 AM
:D Doug; How come you are always "offline" now?

This was all just another internet forum until BriEOD called Andre "Frenchie!" Hasn't been the same since.

BriEOD
12-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Actually counselor, it was LEROYwho asked Andre' if he was from France. If you recall, Andre' posted a photo of his backyard and boat covered with snow. Leroy asked Andre if he was from France, based on Leroy's experience of living in Europe. I thought it was hilarious. Then I pointed out that Leroy suggested Andre' was a Frenchy rather than a French-Canadian. I was cracking up!

BriEOD
12-30-2006, 10:05 AM
MarkP stealth mode.

TMCNo1
12-30-2006, 10:09 AM

He has gone where no other Jethro has gone before, he's now a 'Double Naught Spy"!
I have not had the pleasure of talking to Doug #00205 on the phone yet, but I would suspect he would be talking on his shoe!

east tx skier
12-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Actually counselor, it was LEROYwho asked Andre' if he was from France. If you recall, Andre' posted a photo of his backyard and boat covered with snow. Leroy asked Andre if he was from France, based on Leroy's experience of living in Europe. I thought it was hilarious. Then I pointed out that Leroy suggested Andre' was a Frenchy rather than a French-Canadian. I was cracking up!

Your memory is better than mine. I still recall the first email I got from you after someone set you straight about your prop. :) I remember thinking, man, Brian is MAD!

quincyfirefighter
12-30-2006, 01:54 PM
I know why I am here! I really think that the people here are great! MasterCraft is and will be but we are! I take as many liberties here as anyone and have been afforded a few passes in my days here. I did not know Gene but I can say there is no one here I have not had a great time with! Rod has been a blast for different reasons. Rod will not be at the next Hoosier BBQ but I do have fun with him here. We all can weed through the BS. Not one site is more friendly and accomodating than this one we have here. Go to your F150/Malibu/SkiNautique/Lexus Owners and see who you would want behind you in a pinch? I can count on people that I have met here to help another member more than their own family would. Bob Mag Red! He holds a MasterCraft bash at his own cost! We have and will do almost anything for each other! We are a family and if you have always gotten along perfectly with your sister and brother you are a FREAK!:D
Figure it out and I will ride my dirtbikes for awhile. I have other interests, places to be and commitments! I chose to be here and enjoy the privilege.

Take care all of my brothers and sisters and have a safe New Years!

HB
Couldn't have said it better :cool: Amen

Leroy
12-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Are you guys trying to start a fight between Andre and I? :D

I saw Doug post and offline.....another post, offline, couldn't figure out how, or maybe why?

There is nothing like this site and the people! WHat a great place!

Leroy
12-30-2006, 02:20 PM
And so it came to be another MC friend came to my rescue and the kids are happily playing Smash Brothers on Nintendo 64!

Thanks BOB!

Take care!
HB

Slinkyredfoot
12-30-2006, 02:45 PM
And so it came to be another MC friend came to my rescue and the kids are happily playing Smash Brothers on Nintendo 64!

Thanks BOB!
Man, to me this is what TT is all about, the generousity, looking out for a fellow brother, let's all just try to get along:D

BriEOD
12-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Your memory is better than mine. I still recall the first email I got from you after someone set you straight about your prop. :) I remember thinking, man, Brian is MAD!
Yes, I remember. I recall being aggravated because whoever posted it was to chicken-$h!t to post in the clear. Instead they came up with some fake handle to use.

east tx skier
12-30-2006, 03:14 PM
The nerve. You are running the "stock prop," right? :)

Hoosier Bob
12-30-2006, 04:29 PM
No problem Leroy! Take care. A couple of people still get along here!:D

PS Andre is looking for you!And so it came to be another MC friend came to my rescue and the kids are happily playing Smash Brothers on Nintendo 64!

Thanks BOB!

Dawg
12-30-2006, 06:10 PM
I'VE GOT TO AGREE WITH Tscott. CABIN FEVER HAS GOT THE BOYS JUST WIGGIN. CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT THEIR WIVES ARE GETTING. HEY! ANYONE NEEDING A LITTLE STRESS RELIEFAND FIND THEMSELVES IN WESTERN NC LET'S TAKE A RUN. IT IS THERAPEUTIC

JimN
12-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Awww, now this place is too touchy-feely! I'm outta here!

Just kidding!

BriEOD
12-30-2006, 07:17 PM
JimN,

What ever happened to LeeC?

JimN
12-30-2006, 08:43 PM
He had to sell his boat, the marina and AFAIK, is selling insurance. I haven't seen anything from or about him in quite a while. Maybe we should look in the member's list and send a message if he's still listed.

BriEOD
12-30-2006, 09:11 PM
He had to sell his boat, the marina and AFAIK, is selling insurance. I haven't seen anything from or about him in quite a while. Maybe we should look in the member's list and send a message if he's still listed.
That's right...I remember he fell on some hard times. He was/is a good TTalker.

east tx skier
12-30-2006, 09:30 PM
He's in New Braunfels last I remember.

JimN
12-30-2006, 10:02 PM
He must have missed his Maristar so much he moved to a city with a MC dealer. At least they had one when I was poking around down there.

east tx skier
12-31-2006, 12:38 AM
They just barely had a MC dealer when he moved down there. Ski ranch is only a few years old.