PDA

View Full Version : sliding gas tank???

Ole Miss Rebels
12-29-2006, 12:18 PM
hey everyone, i just spoke with a friend who told me about a service bulletin for sliding gas tanks ( a situation where the gas tank in x boats could slide back into the engine/transmission in v drives and rub a hole in the tank. i have an 05 x star built in nov 04. would my boat be affected by this situation? if so, what is the fix for it? how extensive is the repair??? remove the deck, cut out the floor, or can the repair be made without having to remove the gas tank? thanks and happy new year to everyone.

jimmer2880
12-29-2006, 01:54 PM
I have not heard of this problem in any MC's.

Either way, MYMC has a great website which lists all recalls from MC.

TMCNo1
12-29-2006, 01:57 PM
hey everyone, i just spoke with a friend who told me about a service bulletin for sliding gas tanks ( a situation where the gas tank in x boats could slide back into the engine/transmission in v drives and rub a hole in the tank. i have an 05 x star built in nov 04. would my boat be affected by this situation? if so, what is the fix for it? how extensive is the repair??? remove the deck, cut out the floor, or can the repair be made without having to remove the gas tank? thanks and happy new year to everyone.

I would check with my dealer and see if they have anything on it to ease your mind and if it is an issue then it can be addressed. Don't wait!