PDA

View Full Version : CSX ski or fish!?!

twieder
12-29-2006, 01:49 AM
I just recieved janurary's issue of Boatinglife and was alittle unsure of how they classified the boat.
It is listed in the 'water sports' section with a tower, but there is no mention anywhere about the hard top or other gear that would lead to possible 'other'(fishing etc.) uses.

The article starts out "What is theCSX220? It goes on to say that there is nothing to compare it to. "No fishing brand and no skiboat brand makes anything like this" I say good job to Mastercraft for being innovaters!

Also alittle confused as to why MSRP says See local dealer on the CSX, but they are happy to list the MSRP on an '07 Maristar 280 STS at $111,580 with twin Indmar RTP-1 5.7L 310 hp engines, so it cant be sticker shock or fear of it.

One more comment about MC's innovation,Tige (RZ2) and MBSports (F23 Tomcat) seem to be 'borrowing' the picklefork hull from the X-series!

MYMC
12-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Let me fill in some of the blanks... CSX salt water base boat MSRP is $68,950 (no trailer) and it available with an array of options including a hard top (sometimes called a T-top), GPS plotter/fish finder, dive package, Fish package, Wake package, etc (the list is extensive)...not sure why the article failed to spell this stuff out but the boat is rolling down the production line and is headed to boat shows as we speak.

twieder
12-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks Mike. I was just wondering why no other info was provided too. Was it that MC doesn't provide it to the mag. editors, or do they pic and choose what info they publish?

The article is deffinately written from a possitive point of view, but lacks alot of what most would consider important.

east tx skier
12-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Just to speak to the pickle fork thing. I don't think MC is claiming to have been the first to use that, although it was/is used extensively in their X-Series.

MYMC
12-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Guessing it was just timing...mags are written months in advance and MC was probably still figuring the CSX out at press time.

I believe Cobalt was first with the pickle fork by a year.

André
12-29-2006, 11:24 AM
CSX salt water base boat MSRP is $68,950 (no trailer)
Oooouch!
Only for the base boat?Since it's a multi-task boat,you need all the options,wake,tops,fishing and diving packages.
Add the trailer and all the blings and the final tab must be ...a lot!:confused:

twieder
12-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Ok I stand corrected on the picklefork. I THOUGHT (wife tells me to stop)MC had done the design work on that.

I just wish some of these mags. would take alittle more time on some of these boats. But I do understand the deadlines before publishing mite be tight on released info.

MYMC
12-29-2006, 11:57 AM
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."
John Ruskin

The above comment is not meant to be inflammatory, but as a statement of the future. You will see our competition follow suit; however, this is a MasterCraft built to withstand the rigors of the salt water environment and to have the same desired resale as those 1993 PS205s (and older boats). As such the price reflects the materials, technology and costs of doing business in this day and age to support those goals and yes that includes a profit margin so that MasterCraft Boat Company can stay in business to keep building boats for all of us to enjoy. Yes the CSX is expensive at MSRP but remember that is MSRP and most dealers do discount that.

André
12-29-2006, 12:03 PM
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."
John Ruskin

The above comment is not meant to be inflammatory, but as a statement of the future. You will see our competition follow suit; however, this is a MasterCraft built to withstand the rigors of the salt water environment and to have the same desired resale as those 1993 PS205s (and older boats). As such the price reflects the materials, technology and costs of doing business in this day and age to support those goals and yes that includes a profit margin so that MasterCraft Boat Company can stay in business to keep building boats for all of us to enjoy. Yes the CSX is expensive at MSRP but remember that is MSRP and most dealers do discount that.
Still,that's a lot of cash ...:)
Not talking about the quality of built or materials.Just a lot of plain old cold cash.

Harvey
12-29-2006, 12:04 PM
I believe Cobalt was first with the pickle fork by a year.

The pickle fork has been around a long time. They were building pickle fork racers in the 80s as far as I know, heck it was probably before that.

Cobalt might have been the first company to utilize it in the pleasure boat market but the design has been around a long time.

MYMC
12-29-2006, 12:13 PM
The pickle fork has been around a long time. They were building pickle fork racers in the 80s as far as I know, heck it was probably before that.

Cobalt might have been the first company to utilize it in the pleasure boat market but the design has been around a long time.
Specific to a bow rider config and that wasn't a tri-hull. Although it would be interesting to be sitting up front at 200mph!

MYMC
12-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Still,that's a lot of cash ...:)
Not talking about the quality of built or materials.Just a lot of plain old cold cash.
No you are right it is a lot...then again I can't name one of our boats that is not.

Danimal
12-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Personally I don't think the price is all that bad. Compare it to a brand new 22' Boston Whaler center console at $75,000 and the price of the MC comes into perspective in my opinion.

http://www.newboats.com/product.jsp?ID=68949&model=220%20Dauntless

Harvey
12-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Although it would be interesting to be sitting up front at 200mph!

Ummm.....no thanks! I can just see the girls trying to hold their hair out of their faces at 200 mph. Heck, they have trouble with it at 30 mph. Wind at the speed might just take the bikini top off. Hmmmm...that might be an idea. :D

Ric
12-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Specific to a bow rider config and that wasn't a tri-hull. Although it would be interesting to be sitting up front at 200mph! my brother has a boat built by simmons that is a pickle fork center console bayflats boat ~100mph boat with a cat type hull, not really a vee

X-45
12-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Price is a major concern. But I tend to look at resell value than initial cost. I know my Mastercraft will always be worth something. I've seen many other brand names that are worth little of nothing. I'd like to refurbish a Mastercraft one day. Can't imagine spending the money on another brand. I've owned and loved other boat brands but I know Mastercraft is always working the name. I don't know if Mastercraft is that Superior. A lot has to do with marketing and innovation. :twocents:

Thanks twieder for starting a threaded about boats.:toast: