PDA

View Full Version : How do you really see John Stewart?

betsy&david Harrison
12-28-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't know how to make polls, but if there was one about John Stewart ......
1. he is funnier than sh**
2. can't stand him
3. like him but....

Ok, so I think he is funnier than sh** and love what he pulls out of people. Very funny when he was talking to Ben Stiller. Anyone else see it?

TMCNo1
12-28-2006, 08:34 PM
I think he is a hoot and most times calls it like it is, then there is Stephen Colbert (Colbert Report) that also cracks me up!

betsy&david Harrison
12-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm with you on that. Sometimes Colbert is a little on the ranting side for me. But it is good TV

betsy&david Harrison
12-28-2006, 08:39 PM
I think I'm on the seat of heat now! YOUCH...I love it

TMCNo1
12-28-2006, 08:41 PM
I don't know how to make polls,

Click on new thread as you did, type in title, scroll to additional options on bottom, click yes to do a poll, change the number of choices in the poll to the # you want, submit thread and a screen will show up to type in the choices for the # of choices you chose. Hope it helps.
You can go back and click go advanced under edit and do the poll as above. Don't forget the UMP option at the last choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

betsy&david Harrison
12-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Click on new thread as you did, type in title, scroll to additional options on bottom, click yes to do a poll, change the number of choices in the poll,submit thread and a screen will show up to type in the choices for the # of choices you chose. Hope it helps.
You can go back and click go advanced under edit and do the poll as above.
not sure I want to get into UMPS territory:D Thanks for the info though. If I get permission, ooooo bad girl, I'll do it.

MarkP
12-28-2006, 11:16 PM
I have just one thing to say about that John Stewart!! That boy is sofa king funny it pi$ses me off!! I would be in bed way early every night if it wasn’t for him.. And then weekends its like nothings on because J S has sat and sun off!! Ho well.. He ROCKS!!!:cool:

Leroy
12-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Love him, the PVR records everything he does!

east tx skier
12-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Suuuuuper Genius.

Ric
12-29-2006, 08:42 AM
ahhh the daily double

Ric
12-29-2006, 08:42 AM
don't even know what channel this sofa king funny guy is on

RexDog1
12-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Funny as he!!……….. Very good show…………..

Colbert
…. show is ok, I liked him better when he was on the daily show

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Colbert is the funniest thing on TV. I dont watch him much, but my dad never misses it. He calls me when there is some REALLY funny shiot to watch so I catch the rerun the next day.

Betsy, you could have sought my services to conduct the poll. or you could have did the poll yourself. :) no worries!

Leroy
12-29-2006, 10:37 AM
The only thing better is Chappelle! White Power! IF you watch it you'll understand!

betsy&david Harrison
04-12-2007, 05:08 PM
John Stewart's show tonight should be a good rip on Bush...I'll be watching intently with many of you. Discussion or rip session to follow???

maristarman
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Hate to spoil the unanimous love fest but........

I just don't get the "humor" in constantly belittling, demeaning, and insulting others.

That kind of comedy to me isn't funny.

And with Stewart and Colbert, thats 100 percent of their routines.

Then again, I grew up listening to Bill Cosby comedy albums.

They managed to be funny (hilarious), yet not insulting, demeaning or belittling to other people.

But then again, I also don't laugh hysterically at America's funniest home videos at all of those videos where you know people got the begezzus knocked out of them and were probably in a lot of pain.

Before you flame me, remember, you asked for opinions.

Datdude
04-12-2007, 05:32 PM
JS and CC are both hilarious. I was a big fan of the original Daily Show with Craig Kilborn.

Datdude
04-12-2007, 05:34 PM
The only thing better is Chappelle! White Power! IF you watch it you'll understand!

I really liked the "Race Draft" on the Chappelle Show. And the white people select............Tiger Woods:D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I really liked the "Race Draft" on the Chappelle Show. And the white people select............Tiger Woods:D
That was funny! What were the other ones? Its been a while since I saw that sketch.

88 PS190
04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Colbert is funnier he can say more rediculous things with out breaking into a giggle.

betsy&david Harrison
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Hate to spoil the unanimous love fest but........

I just don't get the "humor" in constantly belittling, demeaning, and insulting others.

That kind of comedy to me isn't funny.

And with Stewart and Colbert, thats 100 percent of their routines.

Then again, I grew up listening to Bill Cosby comedy albums.

They managed to be funny (hilarious), yet not insulting, demeaning or belittling to other people.

But then again, I also don't laugh hysterically at America's funniest home videos at all of those videos where you know people got the begezzus knocked out of them and were probably in a lot of pain.

Before you flame me, remember, you asked for opinions.
I'd never flame you hunny! You are entitled to your opinion..different strokes for different folks...right??

TX.X-30 fan
04-13-2007, 04:08 PM
John Stewart's show tonight should be a good rip on Bush...I'll be watching intently with many of you. Discussion or rip session to follow???

At some point don't the tired Bush jokes just get boring. :confused: :confused: I can understand once in a while, but 6 yrs. pleeeeeeeeeeease its not funny anymore Dav, Jay, John. :noface:

captain planet
04-13-2007, 04:18 PM
It is the one hour of television that I rarely miss. Daily Show/Colbert Report. Colbert is a genius when he is interviewing the different state representatives. Some of the questions are so off the wall, I can't see how he keeps a straight face.

kpgotgame
04-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Great TV - I rarely miss either show

Colbert has balls - check this clip of him speaking at the White House correspondents Dinner.

Warning it is a long clip 24min.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-869183917758574879

Jerseydave
04-13-2007, 11:08 PM
John Stewart went to school in Lawrenceville, NJ about 10 miles from me. He's one of many comedians/actors from NJ.

atlfootr
04-15-2007, 08:46 PM
John who :confused:
I'm so far out of this loop .... guess I need to look into this one :o

Footin
04-15-2007, 08:55 PM
I think he's pretty funny.

TMCNo1
04-15-2007, 08:56 PM
John who :confused:
I'm so far out of this loop .... guess I need to look into this one :o

He's on the Comedy Channel, the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, comes on before the Colbert Report.