PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart speakers and boat use

dwe
08-03-2004, 08:43 AM
I have a set of mb quart reference 6.5" separates that are lying around, and I'm thinking of putting them in my 95 ps190. Would they last any length of time? I'm all freshwater use, and the very occasional rain storm would be their only water exposure, I would think. I'm sure they use some type of plastic cone, not paper.

thanks,
David

OhioProstar
08-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Depends on where you mount them. Mine are in the gunnel about where you lean over to grab skis or to dock...so knees are always a problem. I replaced a pair of Polk 6.5's with waterproof JBLs and love them. A marine version, be it Clarion, Sony, JBL are coated to keep moisture out of the areas that would rust on the frame, have woofer material and baskets that don't rot, use tinned wires to keep corrosion a minimum, and heavy duty screens to protect against the constant bumping and banging.

DanC
08-03-2004, 01:14 PM
I can't speak from personal experience but Boss Accessories uses the MB Quart Reference speakers in their wakeboard tower enclosures (used to use Crystal but switched after the first year).

Prostar19
08-03-2004, 02:02 PM
The first cans MC ever made came with MB Quart speakers. Then they went to Clarion. Not sure about longevity.