PDA

View Full Version : My Dog Ate a Sock !!!!

Maristar210
12-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Well actually he ate a small candle and then he ate a sock.

So with all the dog owners on here it got me thinking.....

What is the wierdest thing your dog ever ate?

Hoosier Bob
12-27-2006, 01:28 PM
My Rott would eat beer cans! I would see the aluminum in his ****! One week I lost one of my red AXO MX gloves. I could not find it anywhere. A few days later I saw a pile with three red fingers sticking out of it. That glove still smells like crap!8p

My brothers Doberman ate a 4' snake whole but could not swallow the last foot. That was nasty pulling that thing back out.

Leroy
12-27-2006, 01:45 PM
This is really sad, a good friend's dog just died from eating a ladies product.....

Sodar
12-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Best item my dog ate was a bunch on bite size candy bars that you give out for Halloween. Her crap was sparkly candy wrappers for a solid week!!

beef
12-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Had a black lab that would eat anything! Two TV remotes, a bottle of shampoo, most of a sofa cushion, and the one that had me worried the most - two disposable razors!

ski_king
12-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I had a golden retriever that weighed about 110.

He would eat about anything. He would clean out the waste basket on a regular basis. He loved to eat klenex.

He once ate the kid glow in the dark crayons. It was strange to see his poop glow in the dark, but it did make it easier to find and not step on.

The one that suprised me the most was when he passed a popcycle stick intact. It wasnt broken of chewed off, just embedded in poop.
I have since asked a vet the probibility of one of those passing without getting stuck, she said nearly impossible. I guess we should have named him lucky.

The ladies of the house had to learn not to put certain items in the waste basket in the bathroom as he would always find them.

Funny story a co worker told me. She had same problem with their dog, she learned to dispose directly to the garbage can outside. One evening when they had guests, the dog walked into the living room chewing on one. Seems they forgot to tell their guest what not to throw in the waste basket.

Sodar
12-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Funny Story!

My Uncle hated dogs, my Aunt didn't. She insisted that they buy a Weinreiner (sp?) because that is what she had as a kid. Uncle said OK, but it is your dog and I want nothing to do with it. So she finds some show dog breeder and buys one for $1000!!! Dog hates my uncle... growls at him, nips at him, the whole thing. One weekend, my uncle brings home his "go fast boat." Really nice boat... show quality kind of nice! Uncle parks it in the RV parking on the side of the house with the cover off, because he was coming back that afternoon to take it to the river. Dogs sees the boat there, hops the fence to the dog run, hops on the bow of the boat (nails left gelcoat scratches) and proceeds to eat the foam out of the interior and uses all the stainless braided lines on the motor as a chew toy! Needless to say, that evening the $1000 dog was "donated" to the Weinriener Rescue center!!!

JohnnyB
12-27-2006, 02:14 PM
ahhh yes...labs:

When my last lab was 1-2 years old I was traveling about 70% for work....when I was home, he was fine. When I'd leave, I could count on him destroying something.....he usually stayed with my girlfriend (now my wife) while I was away. Let's see, he ate:

1 remote control
1 wicker basket
a 2' x 2' hole in the linoleum in the middle of the kitchen
a 1' x 1' hole in the middle of the living room carpet

My current lab (11mos old) ate some of my kids doll cloths.....funny to see dressed up turds laying in the yard. About a month ago he ate an entire dental tug rope (about 5" in length) that the vet gave him....vet recommended an entire tube of cat hairball remover to help him pass it....it came out in a large pile in the middle of a pheasant hunt....my buddies and I were almost rolling on the ground we were laughing so hard.

My wife had a Keeshond that used to eat the diapers out of the diaper pail.....I can't believe he could pass those but he could.

The Keeshond and my last lab got into several CDs one day which made for a pricey vet bill.

You might want to speak to your vet about the sock as that might not pass.....certainly if he starts getting sick, throws up or gets lethargic, get him to the vet immediately. Stuff like that can block their intestines and then nothing passes.

Maristar210
12-27-2006, 02:21 PM
ahhh yes...labs:

When my last lab was 1-2 years old I was traveling about 70% for work....when I was home, he was fine. When I'd leave, I could count on him destroying something.....he usually stayed with my girlfriend (now my wife) while I was away. Let's see, he ate:

1 remote control
1 wicker basket
a 2' x 2' hole in the linoleum in the middle of the kitchen
a 1' x 1' hole in the middle of the living room carpet

My current lab (11mos old) ate some of my kids doll cloths.....funny to see dressed up turds laying in the yard. About a month ago he ate an entire dental tug rope (about 5" in length) that the vet gave him....vet recommended an entire tube of cat hairball remover to help him pass it....it came out in a large pile in the middle of a pheasant hunt....my buddies and I were almost rolling on the ground we were laughing so hard.

My wife had a Keeshond that used to eat the diapers out of the diaper pail.....I can't believe he could pass those but he could.

The Keeshond and my last lab got into several CDs one day which made for a pricey vet bill.

You might want to speak to your vet about the sock as that might not pass.....certainly if he starts getting sick, throws up or gets lethargic, get him to the vet immediately. Stuff like that can block their intestines and then nothing passes.

Funny stories, keep 'em coming.

(Hydrgen peroxide took care of getting the sock back up)

Steve

JohnnyB
12-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Funny stories, keep 'em coming.

(Hydrgen peroxide took care of getting the sock back up)

Steve

Yup....very familiar with hydrogen peroxide and the turkey baster....

When I was a kid, our boxer used to come into the toy room, take whatever we were playing with and run.....so we'd chase him.

Once in a while he'd swallow things before my brothers and I could catch him....he passed things like lincoln logs, legos, crayons....my job as a kid was cleaning the yard, so I can attest that they passed through.

My first lab used to eat the change off of the night stand on a regular basis.

mitch
12-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Funny Story!

My Uncle hated dogs, my Aunt didn't. She insisted that they buy a Weinreiner (sp?) because that is what she had as a kid. Uncle said OK, but it is your dog and I want nothing to do with it. So she finds some show dog breeder and buys one for $1000!!! Dog hates my uncle... growls at him, nips at him, the whole thing. One weekend, my uncle brings home his "go fast boat." Really nice boat... show quality kind of nice! Uncle parks it in the RV parking on the side of the house with the cover off, because he was coming back that afternoon to take it to the river. Dogs sees the boat there, hops the fence to the dog run, hops on the bow of the boat (nails left gelcoat scratches) and proceeds to eat the foam out of the interior and uses all the stainless braided lines on the motor as a chew toy! Needless to say, that evening the $1000 dog was "donated" to the Weinriener Rescue center!!!

Good_un..........:D

suedv
12-27-2006, 02:56 PM
When I was a kid we had a dog that would eat most anything. The most surprising thing it ate as was a rose bush. My mom really loved that bush so the dog wasn't on her good list even though it was sick from the thorns.

The dog did something once that had my mom and dad really embarrassed and us kids really laugh.

My dad was a minister. Someone from our church was having bad marriage problems and came over to talk to him about her problems. She took her shoes off by the door (big mistake). While she was sitting in our living room talking to my dad and having a big cry, the dog ate most of one of her shoes as if it was a leather chew toy. It left a little bit of the shoe so we knew where the rest was. Nobody discovered what happened until she was about to leave.

My mom and dad was tripping over themselves saying they were sorry and giving her money to buy new shoes. She was crying about her marriage and didn't really give much of a care about her shoes. My brother and I were in the kitchen laughing so hard we could hardly stand up. Our parents were ticked that we were laughing and we were too young to see anything but the humor of the whole thing.

I have no idea what happened with that marriage, but when I look back at it I still think the whole shoe thing was pretty funny.

RexDog1
12-27-2006, 03:42 PM
The new dog now has eaten a TV remote and my new running shoe
I will add to the list when I get home???
Ahhhhh but I love him:cool:

Slinkyredfoot
12-27-2006, 03:54 PM
When my black lab was a pup, he ate about a 2foot hole in the drywall of my garage, he also ate an entire loaf of bread, plastic bag and all...

dmayer84
12-27-2006, 04:10 PM
My husky ate a whole bag of brownie mix, that was on top of the fridge, still dont know how he got up there. He almost ate a cell phone, caught him in time. Chewed through a bunch of ethernet wires.

jimmer2880
12-27-2006, 07:08 PM
My departed Dalmation ate a used Tampon. It got stuck at the opening from his stomach to the upper intestine. The string was hangin down in the intestine enough that the intesting was continually trying to grab it to pull it down. Rubbed a whole in the intestine. He was within minutes of his demise by the time they opened him up. A couple feet fewer Upper Intestine later & he was back to normal - eating everything in sight.

Chief
12-27-2006, 07:28 PM
I had a cocker that ate a whole loaf of bread, bag included and the next day I noticed a piece of the plastic bag hanging out of his butt and I had to pull it out. The dog looked relieved when I extracted the bag.

MarkP
12-27-2006, 07:42 PM
My departed Dalmation ate a used Tampon. It got stuck at the opening from his stomach to the upper intestine. The string was hangin down in the intestine enough that the intesting was continually trying to grab it to pull it down. Rubbed a whole in the intestine. He was within minutes of his demise by the time they opened him up. A couple feet fewer Upper Intestine later & he was back to normal - eating everything in sight.
Dam Dalmations.. When she was a kid, my Dalmation would eat anything.. To name a few. A bird that she caught a squirrel that she caught a stainless strap from a chain link fence and a water glass.. Luckily, not every incident required surgery..
Again, DAM Dalmations!!

suedv
12-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Our neighbor's dog figured out how to lie on its back and kick the refrigerator open. One night they head a lot of noise in the kitchen and thought someone broke in. Actually the dog was pulling food out of the refrigerator, dumping it on the floor and eating what fell out.

Afer more than one incident, they ended up putting a locking device on the door so the dog couldn't open it.

Danimal
12-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Our new puppy ate the hem from his blanket that he sleeps with. My wife came home from work and saw that when she let him out of his crate there was a string following him as he ran through house. She stepped on it as he passed and he spun around with a blood curdling YELP. Well, the string was coming out of his mouth. My wife calmed him down and tried to pull on the string but it was rock solid inside him. She rushed him to the vet and and Sully was rushed into emergency surgery. 5 feet of this hem was wrapped up in his intestines and was doing some serious damage. A couple months and a couple thousand dollars later, he is still a pain in the A$$!! 8p

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-27-2006, 08:16 PM
My mom and dad was tripping over themselves saying they were sorry and giving her money to buy new shoes. She was crying about her marriage and didn't really give much of a care about her shoes. My brother and I were in the kitchen laughing so hard we could hardly stand up. Our parents were ticked that we were laughing and we were too young to see anything but the humor of the whole thing.

I have no idea what happened with that marriage, but when I look back at it I still think the whole shoe thing was pretty funny.
OMG, I laughed my arse off at that story! I have the same sense of humor as an adult. I know I shouldnt laugh at stuff like that because it aint right, but I just cant help it. The laughter just flies out of me. :o My cousin is the same way, if we are together, we are trouble. we just feed off of each others humor. our family loves to be with us in public:rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-27-2006, 08:19 PM
my mom and dad's dachshund used to eat lots of stuff. It would tear apart its stuffed animal chew toys, and eat the cotton ball like stuffing inside. we would find it in the yard the next day. that happend often. sometimes he would get into things with colored yarn, and we would find that out in the yard too. The thing I could NEVER understand, was he used to go out in the yard in teh summer time, go in the flower gardens and eat a bunch of long grass, and then puke it all up:cool: Why, I have no idea. I guess dogs just do that. Dogs are a trip. :)

atlfootr
12-27-2006, 08:28 PM
What is the wierdest thing, your dog ever ate?My dog Chaz once had a fish'n lure hook'd into his cheek :rolleyes:
I guess he thought, he was a dog fish!

TMCNo1
12-27-2006, 09:11 PM
My dog Chaz once had a fish'n lure hook'd into his cheek :rolleyes:
I guess he thought, he was a dog fish!

Oh, a Large Mouth Azzhound!

TMCNo1
12-27-2006, 09:31 PM
We had a Basset Hound (Josephine) who ate green and ripe Persimmons, then pooped the seeds everywhere. When Persimmons are green, they are real sour and extremely bitter and you should have seen the look on her face when she was eating them!

LakePirate
12-27-2006, 09:56 PM
My brother had a dog in college that ate on of his large roomates' large girlfriend's large panties. They got clogged in his intestines and required surgery. Another reason girls shouldn't wear big drawers.

Leroy
12-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Similar for our lab, last Christmas she knocked off a dish full of Hersey kisses and ate wrapper and all. Probably around 25 pieces and pooped shiny aluminum foil for days!

Her bad days now are getting into fast food bags or bacon paper in the garbage.

Best item my dog ate was a bunch on bite size candy bars that you give out for Halloween. Her crap was sparkly candy wrappers for a solid week!!

tex
12-27-2006, 10:57 PM
My old dalmation ate a rope toy all in one piece. He tried to pass it and I had to pull the rest of it out...about 2 feet of toy while in a suit. Did I mention as hot young girls were driving by my yard. They just stared at the old man pulling things out of his dog's ars. One of my prouder moments!

Hoosier Bob
12-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Now that is priceless! Hey baby if I will do this for my dog imagine what I will do for you!8p

Chief
12-27-2006, 11:02 PM
I had a cocker that ate a whole loaf of bread, bag included and the next day I noticed a piece of the plastic bag hanging out of his butt and I had to pull it out. The dog looked relieved when I extracted the bag.

P.S My Lab ate 12 cans of playdough and the poop was very colorful for a day or so.

jimmer2880
12-28-2006, 06:49 AM
My old dalmation ate a rope toy all in one piece. He tried to pass it and I had to pull the rest of it out...about 2 feet of toy while in a suit. Did I mention as hot young girls were driving by my yard. They just stared at the old man pulling things out of his dog's ars. One of my prouder moments!

I am starting to see a pattern with Dalmations. I wonder if they were bread with Goats way back when :rolleyes:

I loved my Dal, but won't get another one. Talk about a dog with an attitude!

jlf
12-28-2006, 09:01 AM
I thought my border collie was unique but I quess not. He has eaten used tampons (I no longer despose of them in the garbage can in the bath room), carpet, sheet rock, lots of wood trim, rope toy, stuffing from toys, desposable razors, cotton balls, for some reason he really likes the dryer sheets I use he'll dig for them in the clothes basket so he can eat them, he's eaten tennis balls, rubber balls, my underware, I am sure the list goes on but can't think of any right now.

It sure is fun helping them out when they have strings hanging out of their butts, I can't count the number of times I've had to pull out strings. I sure do love him though.

dog paw
12-28-2006, 09:05 AM

Just tell em it his starter cord. A pull to start model LOL! Must be a Dalmation thing. I had a Dalma years ago that ate the shiney tinsil stuff off the Christmas tree. I freaked out and had the vet check her. The X Ray looked hilarious. She left some festive looking piles for a while..

Mikey
12-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Well I was working on my dirtbike one day and I had a bag of nuts and bolts from the bike laying on the floor of the garage. I went back the next day to put the bike back together and the nuts and bolts were gone. I was freaking out trying to find them and I had myself convinced that someone came and stole a bag of nuts and bolts. (who would do such a thing) A couple days later I was out mowing the lawn and I saw some strange looking dog poop. Sure enough in the poop was my bag of nuts and bolts. Damn dog took them ate them and then passed them. He must have an iron stomach.

jimmer2880
12-28-2006, 01:13 PM
I almost forgot about the rocks he would eat. That had to hurt a couple days later, but he would be constantly eating them.

We ended up putting a child safety lock on the vanity cabinet where the trash can was before we had kids just to keep him out of the used tampons. What a goat!

captain planet
12-28-2006, 01:19 PM
I'll add my little story just for sake of a few laughs at my case.

My Lab used to like to eat baby wipes, usually clean since soiled ones get tossed. But while changing my children from time to time, my dog would get a hold of a wipe and eat it. Now this next part lets you know how much I must love my dog. One day my dog was outside "dropping a deuce" and there was something what just wouldn't come all the way out. I just couldn't let her do the "potty dance" all around the yard, so I put on a pair of nitrile gloves and gave her a hand. Well, the item that was hanging was a baby wipe. I assisted her in passing this item the rest of the way. Needless to say, we watch the baby wipes a little more carefully now.

Another amusing thing that my dog has eaten and passed is ear-plugs from work. And no I didn't clean them off and reuse them!

Maristar210
12-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Another amusing thing that my dog has eaten and passed is ear-plugs from work. And no I didn't clean them off and reuse them!

You ate them to see if you could pass them?

atlfootr
04-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Well actually he ate a small candle and then he ate a sock.
So with all the dog owners on here it got me thinking.....
What is the wierdest thing your dog ever ate?Other than sh*t, mine KISSES FISH!
Like tonite, minutes ago we caught a 4lb Lrg Mouth.
Actually, I caught it and he licks 'em .... CrAzY DoG :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
04-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Other than sh*t, mine KISSES FISH!
Like tonite, minutes ago we caught a 4lb Lrg Mouth.
Actually, I caught it and he licks 'em .... CrAzY DoG :rolleyes:

I wonder who he got that habit from????????????

atlfootr
04-21-2007, 10:50 PM
I wonder who he got that habit from????????????Hey fUnNy MaN,
nOw DoN't MaKe Me HaVe To CoMe Up ThErE tO oPeN uP a CaN oF WhOOp Arrrs On Ya
:uglyhamme

Maristar210
04-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Sup Footr?

east tx skier
04-21-2007, 11:03 PM
I dated a girl once whose black lab ate an ottoman.

atlfootr
04-21-2007, 11:15 PM
hey Mar .. kill'n tyme, wife in Tenne w/ the folks.
left me home alone w/ Chaz ... jus' the 2 of us.
don't even go there my brother :rolleyes:

Maristar210
04-21-2007, 11:26 PM
hey Mar .. kill'n tyme, wife in Tenne w/ the folks.
left me home alone w/ Chaz ... jus' the 2 of us.
don't even go there my brother :rolleyes:

LOL

81 here tomorrow. I am soooo pumped. Fossil fuel consumer tomorrow:D

atlfootr
04-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Fossil fuel consumer tomorrow:DHow so :confused:

Leroy
04-22-2007, 12:04 AM
I should be burning fossil fuel in something, but will be at couple of soccer games.

Doug G
04-22-2007, 01:56 AM
P.S My Lab ate 12 cans of playdough and the poop was very colorful for a day or so.

Most amusing was the Lab ate a bunch of balloons (not inflated). The poop was also quite a mix of colors for a few days. In his young days he would shred baseball caps out of spite. The beagle eats his own sh.t . I don't get that at all.

TMCNo1
04-22-2007, 08:43 AM
The beagle eats his own sh.t . I don't get that at all.

Could be, to get the bad taste of human food out of his mouth!!!!!!!!!:D

atlfootr
04-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Doug what gives, apparently not you.
I mean, what are you doing giving out worse human comsumpitional food to the dog then to yourself for him to have to eat ballcaps to rid himself the taste.

TMCNo1
04-22-2007, 09:15 AM
I mean, what are you doing giving out worse human comsumpitional food to the dog then to yourself for him to have to eat ballcaps to rid himself the taste.

According to our vet and books we've read, most dogs don't prefer human foods because most of the spices we use and the like is offensive to them. Ever wonder why a dog will eat/roll/lay on dead stuff like fish, frogs, birds, squirrels, snakes and will drag home dead animals, get into trashcans and can and will eat rotting/spoiled meats? The taste and smell is to their liking and the terrible smell is like a perfume to them. That's why they lick themselves and will eat their own waste.

atlfootr
04-22-2007, 09:27 AM
According to our vet and books we've read, most dogs don't prefer human foods because most of the spices we use and the like is offensive to them.
Ever wonder why a dog will eat/roll/lay on dead stuff like fish, frogs, birds, squirrels, snakes and will drag home dead animals, get into trashcans and can and will eat rotting/spoiled meats? The taste and smell is to their liking and the terrible smell is like a perfume to them.
That's why they lick themselves and will eat their own waste.And I thought all this time, it was jus' because he was both hungry and board.
:uglyhamme

Doug G
04-22-2007, 09:43 AM

:uglyhamme Big guy did eat the ball caps cuz he was pissed for being left home usually.

TMCNo1
04-22-2007, 11:00 AM
:uglyhamme Big guy did eat the ball caps cuz he was pissed for being left home usually.

We have a family that lives near the entrance to our development, that has a Golden Lab in a fenced in back yard, that has chewed the lower 24" off the bottom of a door to a once nice storage building and at least 1' off the entire lower edge of the buildings wooden siding on all 4 sides. You can actually stop and watch him perform his magic. Is the dog hungry or does he just need fiber in his diet? Many times when they are at home, they let him out of the fence, he just lays in the front yard in the sun, not bothering a thing. Maybe it's just seperation anxiety!

River Rat
04-22-2007, 02:32 PM
My golden ate a bed sheet…Unfortunately it was wrapped to my main water line for freeze protection. I came home from work to see old faithful going off next to my house. Good thing it had warmed up or I would have had a giant popsicle on the house

88 PS190
04-22-2007, 02:50 PM
A live strong bracelet, looked worse when she coughed it up.

Datdude
04-23-2007, 11:06 AM
My buddy told me a story about his black lab that had me crying I was laughing so hard. Apparently the dog ate a sock and nobody knew it. They let the dog out to go to the bathroom and he did not come back to the door as fast as he normally did. They assumed he was chasing squirrels or playing in the yard and thought nothing of it. After an hour they went to look for him and found him hunched over taking a dump. He stayed in that position for a few minutes and started whining. My buddy goes over by him and there is half of a sock hanging out. He finds a stick and tried prying the sock out with no luck. He eventually has to go grab a pair of gloves and rips the sock out. The dog was fine, but I think my friend was emotionally scarred:D .

Luckily our dog has never eaten anything like that(that we know of)

kdr
04-23-2007, 11:20 AM
My sister-in-law's jack russell crapped out a pink thong one time. That was funny.

My two mutts don't get into too much. If food falls on the floor, they usually look to us to make sure it's ok for them to eat. Their favorite treat is to go down to the lake, wade in and pull out fresh water shellfish. They love those. Crunchy on the outside, gooey on the inside.

BCBlazers
04-23-2007, 11:46 AM
when i was younger we had a wiemeraner that would eat rocks, as in literally chew them up! we were building a pool at the time and my dad was hoping we could reduce the cost of concrete if we could manage to use her as a concrete "producer" ha ha

Faded & X9-Rated
04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
My damn chihuahua will eat anything.. This item isn't really that strange, but I love telling the story:

My girlfriend and I were making dinner in our apartment, she was grating some cheese, when I look out the window & yell "Holy S$%T The complex is on fire!!!" So we ran outside to see what exactly was buring, and it turned out to be the lawn company's big ol lawn mower!

Well, when we ran outside, I guess she knocked the block of cheese on the ground, and the chihuahua went over & chowed down on the whole thing!! The funny part was, I took him out the next morning and his crap was straight orange!

Maristar210
04-23-2007, 01:21 PM
My dog struck again the other day by eating the 4 foot deflated ballon. Out came the hydrogen peroxide, up came the balloon, along with his dinner. I picked out the baloon and let him re-eat the dinner followed by a few kisses8p 8p

Hungry?

Vegas X-Star
04-23-2007, 01:36 PM
I had two dogs that ate all the glass X-Mas ornaments off the entire tree.

wakescene
04-23-2007, 01:48 PM
We had a black Lab growing up...dog was a trip! One summer evening I was walking him and realized #2 was not going as planned for him. I walked him home and called my dad. Being the stupid 15yr old I was, I didn't think to lift his tail. So with my dad by my side asking "did you lift his tail and take a look, I said no way! Being the brave soul my dad is he did, only to reveal 6" of a pantyhose leg sticking out. I was grossed out. Long story short we proceeded to gently pull out the remaining 4ft of pantyhose!

I still crackup everytime I think of that story...I was so amazed! Talk about ruffage!

atlfootr
04-24-2007, 03:26 AM
:) I had two dogs that ate all the glass X-Mas ornaments off the entire tree.now that doesn"t :noface: sound good.