PDA

View Full Version : Stereo install question

Evan Jones
12-27-2006, 09:44 AM
When putting in speakers into the side panels of a Mastercraft, most speaker manufacturers tell you the speakers need to be in some sort of a sealed space. Even in the door of a car, they are somewhat sealed. In the side of the boat panels, they are totally open to the air. Should I build something to enclose these? I just got a stereo and an amp, but will keep the existing 4 speakers from the 7 year old stock system. Don't need a booming bass stereo, just loud enough to hear over the engine and wind.

JohnnyB
12-27-2006, 10:08 AM
I didn't put anything behind my clarion marine speakers....

OhioProstar
12-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I have nothing behind the JBL's I have...no problems after 4 seasons.

nuckinfutz
12-27-2006, 12:19 PM
The only benefit of adding a enclosure behind will be the mid-bass. Wont make the overall sound louder, just richer and deeper (at moderate volumes).

Evan Jones
01-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Finished it up last nite. Sounds great. Actually ordered two new speakers cause one was blown. New ones sounded so much better than the old ones I ordered two more this morning. Just a basic sony 120w 6-1/2". Head unit plays MP3 format. Burned my first MP3 disc. It holds 190+ songs. Anyone know how to organize songs when burning an MP3 on Itunes ?