PDA

View Full Version : Neoprene vest recommendation?

JohnE
12-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Can anyone offer some thoughts or recommendations on what to buy for a neoprene vest. I was given a gift certificate to ski limited, and there are so many choices. I assume you get what you pay for, but was wondering if any are more comfortable, last longer, etc. than others.

Thanks,

John

bigmac
12-26-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm a big fan of Oneill. (http://www.oneill.com/products-index.php?sport=waterski&categoryID=-1) They're very well made and well designed. I've been using the Oneill Law (http://www.oneill.com/mens-products.php?sport=waterski&categoryID=-1&typeID=31&seriesID=74&id=262)vest and like it a lot. USCG, good flotation, flexible, big arm holes.

JohnE
12-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks, bigmac. I thought I remembered a lot of positive comments about the O'neill vests a few months ago.

André
12-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks, bigmac. I thought I remembered a lot of positive comments about the O'neill vests a few months ago.
Can't go wrong with any O'Neil stuff.Made in China like the others but i find O'Neil fit and finish on their products to be better then the rest!Just my opinion...:)

DooSPX
12-26-2006, 10:29 AM
i got the outlaw... its non-USCG approved, but i still like it alot. from comments received here, thats why i went o'neil

east tx skier
12-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Love my HO phantom vest (new version is called Corse). Unfortunately, ski ltd isn't an HO dealer.

JohnE
12-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks again for all the replies. Looks like O'neill it is.

Doug, you must know how much I agonize over little decisions like this to throw that HO comment in the mix.:cool: Good thing Ski Ltd. doesn't carry HO.

Jim@BAWS
12-26-2006, 05:08 PM
www.ridecwb.com

The FACTION is an awesome vest along
with the NEW CWB vests

Our Proshop is stocked and ready to ship

Jim@BAWS

east tx skier
12-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks again for all the replies. Looks like O'neill it is.

Doug, you must know how much I agonize over little decisions like this to throw that HO comment in the mix.:cool: Good thing Ski Ltd. doesn't carry HO.

Tell ya what. I'll make it easier. It's not a coast guard approved PFD. Lots of folks want those. So maybe that'll make it where you don't wonder what could've been.

JohnE
12-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Doug, that helps. What doesn't help is that ski ltd website does not show any O'neill neoprene vests in stock in my size. M or 3x only. I'm gonna call though, since catalog says they have them.

JohnnyB
12-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Don't have a catalog handy, but i believe they've got a couple that are embossed neoprene that are lighter because they don't soak up any water.....

I'll go look on the web....

east tx skier
12-27-2006, 01:47 PM
When the company that owns overtons acquired Ski Ltd, nobody at Ski Ltd ever bothered to tell me (or otherwise make the info available) that orders placed in that time period would be delayed a month or more while they moved inventory. I had purchased various items from them over the years, but haven't bothered to order from them since after that lousy experience.

JohnnyB
12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
When the company that owns overtons acquired Ski Ltd, nobody at Ski Ltd ever bothered to tell me (or otherwise make the info available) that orders placed in that time period would be delayed a month or more while they moved inventory. I had purchased various items from them over the years, but haven't bothered to order from them since after that lousy experience.

How long ago was that????

Didn't realize the two were the same company.

OK, just looked at the calendar...it's not April 1

alp
12-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Oneill Assault Lumbar. I just replaced my original after 12 seasons - on sale now at Overton's for $70.