PDA

View Full Version : I-70 & I-80 closed?

chudson
12-22-2006, 12:14 PM
My daughter has been skiing at Steamboat and Keystone and was supposed to start home today but looking at Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska DOT maps parts of I-70 & I-80 are closed. Anybody out there got an update on road conditions. Would like her home for Christmas but would rather have her home safe.

Yesterday 70 from the Eisenhower tunnel to the eastern Colo. border was closed according to the DOT map and 70 and 80 was closed from the western border of Kansas and Nebraska 2/3 of the way into each state.

Friday
12-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Chudson,
Roads aren't that bad in Denver today, all major interstates are open and clear to the kansas neb border. The mountains didn't get much snow so getting over Rabbit ears pass shouldn't be that much of a problem.

chudson
12-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Chudson,
Roads aren't that bad in Denver today, all major interstates are open and clear to the kansas neb border. The mountains didn't get much snow so getting over Rabbit ears pass shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Thanks I appreciate the update and I just talked to her and they're staying one more day and going to start back tomorrow, that was good news. Thanks again!!!

Friday
12-22-2006, 01:22 PM
No problem, we have family driving from WI today, b/c their flight was canceled. Its been a hassle for traveling, but who can complain about 24" of fresh powder. Got the sled out last night in town, first time I've down that since I lived in the midwest when I was a kid.

chudson
12-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Just heard on WGN radio from Chicago that Denver Airport has just reopened!!!

peason
12-22-2006, 05:10 PM
And why aren't you out in CO too? When I was her age, I too would have used any excuse to stay another day to ski some more - even better maybe you should wire her some more money!

Maristar210
12-22-2006, 05:38 PM
It must be closed because we Midwesterers want to keep the people out west... OUT WEST

LOL:D

Workin' 4 Toys
12-23-2006, 12:29 AM
It must be closed because we Midwesterers want to keep the people out west... OUT WEST

LOL:D
YEAH, what he said....Seal clubbers...:rolleyes: (Rexdog that is.....)

RexDog1
01-05-2007, 10:22 AM
I don’t know how to take this?

“No love at all”

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_22.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

chudson
01-05-2007, 10:39 AM
And why aren't you out in CO too? When I was her age, I too would have used any excuse to stay another day to ski some more - even better maybe you should wire her some more money!

We're heading out the 11th, one of 8 drivers taking two buses and 65 highschool kids driving straight through to Keystone for the MLK weekend. 18 hour drive, then be back the 17th. Been doing this for ten years.