PDA

View Full Version : "Honda Commercial"

chudson
12-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Read this before you look at the Video at the bottom.

There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it. The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work.

They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready to change
professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete including full engineering of the sequence.

It is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for i tself simply in "free viewings" (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!).
When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation - including the costs.

Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) is parts from two cars. The voiceover is Garrison Keillor.

Oh. and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit weird in the
commercial.

Click here:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda.php <http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda.php>

Tires going up hill are hard to believe, but who am I to question Honda!!!........Cec

starman205
12-21-2006, 04:19 PM
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Maristar210
12-21-2006, 04:20 PM
.................................................. ......

JohnnyB
12-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Wow...that was pretty cool....605 takes must have gotten awful long..

point1234
12-21-2006, 05:31 PM
its one of those goldbergs mythbusters did one the other day. pretty neat stuff.

M-Funf
12-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Tires going up hill are hard to believe, but who am I to question Honda!!!........Cec

Watch the tires carefully. It looks like they have a weight (loaded with concrete?) just at the top of the tire, so when they start, the weight turns the wheel clockwise for just over 1/2 rotation. You can see the second to last tire change directions after it rotates just past 180 degrees...I think :o

I like the way that the ball bearings slow down when they hit the oil...:cool:

Blair
12-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Watch the tires carefully. It looks like they have a weight (loaded with concrete?) just at the top of the tire, so when they start, the weight turns the wheel clockwise for just over 1/2 rotation. You can see the second to last tire change directions after it rotates just past 180 degrees...I think :o

I like the way that the ball bearings slow down when they hit the oil...:cool:

yeah m-funf that is how they did the tires... they were weighted to do that

that comercial is cool

Workin' 4 Toys
12-22-2006, 07:38 AM
.................................................. ......
Yup, Someone emailed that to me about a year or so ago..Maybe closer to two years. If I recall, there were details along with it and said it cost like 2 million dollars to create and thousands of hours.

east tx skier
12-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I think there is something on snopes about the specifics of the commercial. Very cool. Love watching RB machines that work.