PDA

View Full Version : Nutrisystem?

kycat2007
12-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Anybody thought about this program or doing it. I would love to drop another 20lbs and get to around 170 lbs.

playtherapy
12-21-2006, 05:20 PM
If I were you, I would try Weight Watchers instead. It is not expensive and you learn how to eat regular food and manage portons, a plan that can work for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. There is even a guide for eating out. I am afraid once you get off of the nutrisystem food you would put the weight right back on. That's my thoughts!

kycat2007
12-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I know how to lose it. Eat correct and exercise like a mad man. Just curious if anyone had done it.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-21-2006, 06:22 PM
I know how to lose it. Eat correct and exercise like a mad man. Just curious if anyone had done it.
TRU DAT! Better listen to yourself Flounder, your pre-med! that is the ONLY way to lose weight safely.

M-Funf
12-21-2006, 06:42 PM
If I were you, I would try Weight Watchers instead. It is not expensive and you learn how to eat regular food and manage portons, a plan that can work for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. There is even a guide for eating out. I am afraid once you get off of the nutrisystem food you would put the weight right back on. That's my thoughts!

I'm on Weight Watchers by association :rolleyes: I don't use the dining out guide. That's MY time...

I don't necessarily lose weight on the program, but I don't gain, either.

Biggest problem? MARTINIS are not in their plan :friday:

bigmac
12-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Weight Watchers has the highest success rate of any of the non-surgical weight-loss programs. About 20% of Weight Watchers are able to shed weight down to a more appropriate BMI. However, it's worth noting that that 20% success rate only applies as long as the person stays with Weight Watchers. When they go OFF Weight Watchers, almost everyone gains back the weight they lost or more.

BriEOD
12-21-2006, 11:44 PM
I strongly recommend the Eating for Life/Body for Life program.

Chief
12-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Cut out sugar, beer and anything that taste good and workout like crazy.

I workout like crazy but can't cut out the above, maybe the sugar.

BriEOD
12-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Cut out sugar, beer and anything that taste good and workout like crazy.

I workout like crazy but can't cut out the above, maybe the sugar.
Try and substitute w/Splenda.

Leroy
12-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Substitute Splenda for beer? What the heck!

H20skeefreek
12-22-2006, 01:03 AM
I think I'd have to pass on the chlorinated sucrose molecules. I'm with .5% of the population that is allergic to that poison. Plus, it tastes like crap.

BriEOD
12-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Each is their own. We use Splenda for just about everything, save the beer Leroy (or should I say Dooker). Primarily we use it in our coffee. Imagine how much sugar you use every year just to sweeten your coffee.

12-22-2006, 10:50 AM
save the beer Leroy (or should I say Dooker).
Ahh, I see you finally realized that I am not the Dookmiester. :cool: or am I?;) heck, I'm not even sure anymore....

Speaking of the Dook, we havent seen him or his buddies around for a while, I hope they are all OK.

BriEOD
12-22-2006, 10:58 AM
I assure you Mr. frUMP, I know who DeWayne LeDook, aka "The Dooker" is. He admitted to me who he was. For a small donation to the Cody Sharman college fund I might be able to disclose that information in much the same way as "Deep Throat" went down.;)

12-22-2006, 11:26 AM
I assure you Mr. frUMP, I know who DeWayne LeDook, aka "The Dooker" is. He admitted to me who he was. For a small donation to the Cody Sharman college fund I might be able to disclose that information in much the same way as "Deep Throat" went down.;)
Nope, not interested:D Its more fun trying to guess who the Dook is. :)

flyingskibiker
01-03-2007, 08:41 PM
anywho.... i found this site useful. but MAYBE they have some "sponsors" helping the bias...

http://www.freedieting.com/best_diet_plans.htm

Jim@BAWS
01-03-2007, 09:26 PM
I think I'd have to pass on the chlorinated sucrose molecules. I'm with .5% of the population that is allergic to that poison. Plus, it tastes like crap.

"You eat CRAP for breakfast" Says Happy Gilmore "NO"

Never tasted CRAP HA HA HA

Jim@BAWS

east tx skier
01-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Each is their own. We use Splenda for just about everything, save the beer Leroy (or should I say Dooker). Primarily we use it in our coffee. Imagine how much sugar you use every year just to sweeten your coffee.

I gotta have the Tubinado (a/k/a Sugar in the Raw) for the coffee. Nothing like it. I used to drink that Lipton Iced Tea from the mix and supersaturate it to the point where you couldn't see through it and there was sugar floating on the bottom. Drank it since I was a kid (at least three tumblers of it per day). Gave it up cold turkey in January 2004 weighing in at 198 lbs. By March 2004, I weighed 168. I had always excercised (run a few miles per day about 3--4 times per week and lifted weights. It was just all that sugar. I still think a little sugar won't kill you though.

shepherd
01-03-2007, 11:44 PM

Between skiing and watching football Monday I watched that TV show "The Biggest Loser" which ran all day (man, I hate to admit that, I hate reality shows). But I was amazed at the weight those people lost. The winner dropped from 407 lbs to around 180. Several other people lost around 40 or 50% of their weight.

How did they do it? Like kycat said: They exercised their butts off and learned to eat right. It works. All it takes is discipline (and change in lifestyle). But like M-F, I ain't ready to give up on the martinis yet.

phecksel
01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
No artificial sweetners for me, especially nutra sweet and splenda. Too many claimed health issues associated with artificial sweetners.

BriEOD
01-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Ya'll do what you want. However, on a thread such as this, where someone is considering weight loss, I presented a viable option for helping lose weight--cut sugar out. Doug's story certainly lends strength to my suggestion. I am very comfortable in my 32x32 jeans and weight at 175 lbs...;)

kycat2007
01-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I agree with the sugar. Way too much of in almost everything we eat. Skim milk has 13g per serving. most of the bread that we eat is made with enriched flour. That means sugar added. I have to eat whole wheat flour only. Cokes and coffee are probably the worst because the portions are getting bigger and bigger. Why has the portions gotten so out of control? Have you been to Outback? That is alot of food they are putting on the plate.

liledgy
01-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I eat Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating. All fresh food and its what your supposed to eat. 21 meals a week, delivered. Can't beat it, and it tastes great.

H20skeefreek
01-05-2007, 10:04 AM
"You eat CRAP for breakfast" Says Happy Gilmore "NO"

Never tasted CRAP HA HA HA

Jim@BAWS
Thank you, thank you. Jim will be here all weeks folks, don't forget to tip your waitresses.

east tx skier
01-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Ya'll do what you want. However, on a thread such as this, where someone is considering weight loss, I presented a viable option for helping lose weight--cut sugar out. Doug's story certainly lends strength to my suggestion. I am very comfortable in my 32x32 jeans and weight at 175 lbs...;)

Yes indeed, it is a culprit. But that said, got to have my raw sugar somewhere.