PDA

View Full Version : question re xstar

Ole Miss Rebels
12-21-2006, 11:57 AM
my '05 xstar with mcx needs a new clutch plate. how difficult is that to put in? does the engine need to be pulled out of the boat? does the deck need to be pulled off of the boat to get to it, or can it be worked while the engine is still mounted to the hull? are their anymore routine maintenances that would be best performed at this time (while the boat is in a state of disassembly)? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all you boaters out there.

erkoehler
12-21-2006, 11:59 AM
How many hours do you have on the boat?

André
12-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Warranty?:confused:

Jim@BAWS
12-21-2006, 02:06 PM
my '05 xstar with mcx needs a new clutch plate. how difficult is that to put in? does the engine need to be pulled out of the boat? does the deck need to be pulled off of the boat to get to it, or can it be worked while the engine is still mounted to the hull? are their anymore routine maintenances that would be best performed at this time (while the boat is in a state of disassembly)? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all you boaters out there.

Eric, Not a question of HOW MANY HOURS!!!

Engine does not need to be pulled, it can be raised with the back motor mounts intact
It is a HEAVY transmission very heavy

About a 8-10 hour job depending mech.

Should be under warranty if you are the FIRST owner or have
transfered the warranty to you. If you have not the warr can still be transferred to you for a fee from MC

Good luck and Merry Christmas

Depending on where you are located this is a good time of
year to have it done

Ole Miss Rebels
12-21-2006, 03:41 PM
boat has 310 hours. are their any more services you would reccommend? thanks.

Jerseydave
12-21-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm confused.......clutch plate? Do you mean flex plate (flywheel?)

I though these are similar to an automatic in a car with a flex-plate for a flywheel and internal clutches in the trans. Am I mistaken?

Seems like an unusual job with only 310 hours on the clock.

Stress_relief
12-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Jim summed it up for you. Really no other services to recommend other than changing tranny oil and clean the filter! You will need a buddy to help you lift the tranny out of there though!:)

CottagerGreg
12-23-2006, 10:00 PM
clutch plate? Ok I am official confused....

I though there is a flywheel that turns the trans... kinda life an automatic trans.