PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mastercraft

Farmer Ted
12-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Why don't you take advantage of Team Talk and post your ads here?

When is the Proshop going to get fixed?

Just askin...

Monte
12-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erkoehler
12-21-2006, 12:52 AM
What kind of ads are you talking about? :confused:

André
12-21-2006, 07:35 AM
WS mag boat guide back cover?:confused:

Farmer Ted
12-21-2006, 08:19 AM

Never stop feeling the pull
-guy mowing lawn
-guy holding door open for his woman
-guy holding a newspaper across the street from a trailered 197
-guy doing a grab behind the shopping cart
-guy stuffing his socked foot into a shoe of shaving cream

All the back cover pages of Waterski Magazine from the past 20 years

The boat aptitude test from last year

All this media would be perfect for this site, except knowing the way the company posts pictures they'd be a disappointing 450x450 resolution.

Think of all the potential eyes on these things when people put them on their work computers as backgrounds. I have a picture of my boat on my computer at work and every single person that comes into my office stops at my desk to admire the cruiser.

again, just sayin

André
12-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Never stop feeling the pull
-guy mowing lawn
-guy holding door open for his woman
-guy holding a newspaper across the street from a trailered 197
-guy doing a grab behind the shopping cart
-guy stuffing his socked foot into a shoe of shaving cream

All the back cover pages of Waterski Magazine from the past 20 years

The boat aptitude test from last year

All this media would be perfect for this site, except knowing the way the company posts pictures they'd be a disappointing 450x450 resolution.

Think of all the potential eyes on these things when people put them on their work computers as backgrounds. I have a picture of my boat on my computer at work and every single person that comes into my office stops at my desk to admire the cruiser.

again, just sayin
You forgot the girl in the subway holding on to a...dancing pole!
She got amazing eyes...

LakePirate
12-21-2006, 08:56 AM
I did a little work and got the Lawnmower man as my wallpaper.

Had it when I worked in the NOC at a Major Bank, people would ask me all the time what that guy was doing.

I am agreeing with you FT, we need the access to the ads.
Just post them in a thread titled MasterCraft Marketing.

bigmac
12-21-2006, 09:36 AM
I did a little work and got the Lawnmower man as my wallpaper.

Had it when I worked in the NOC at a Major Bank, people would ask me all the time what that guy was doing.

I am agreeing with you FT, we need the access to the ads.
Just post them in a thread titled MasterCraft Marketing.

Heh, I already started a thread called MasterCraft Marketing (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=10297&highlight=mastercraft+marketing), but it was basically an expression of the implication of this thread. I was curious because it seems to me that the Number One tow boat on the market got there by superior marketing, not by putting out a superior product (not that it's a bad product).

TMCNo1
12-21-2006, 10:04 AM
You forgot the girl in the subway holding on to a...dancing pole!
She got amazing eyes...

Thyere was also one of the boarder in the deli.

erkoehler
12-21-2006, 10:51 AM
So, you want these ads?

André
12-21-2006, 11:01 AM
So, you want these ads?
Exactly.Get on the phone with John ASAP...

erkoehler
12-21-2006, 11:03 AM
.........:D I'm here to please :)

MSOUCY-TT
12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
May be this is more like André.

MSOUCY-TT
12-21-2006, 12:31 PM
I forgot to change the size...

André
12-21-2006, 12:45 PM
May be this is more like André.
Yep.Wade is skiing exactly like i showed him...:D

mallees
12-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Has anyone got a high res copy of this??

Sodar
12-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Has anyone got a high res copy of this??

I have a framed picture of it if you wanna buy it!!!

BriEOD
12-21-2006, 10:45 PM
FT you on vacation? I called your DSN number this morning to wish you Merry Christmas.

Farmer Ted
12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
FT you on vacation? I called your DSN number this morning to wish you Merry Christmas.

Did you call 4199?

I was in the office until 11, then we had mandatory fun the rest of the afternoon.

RUMINT is we're closing shop at noon tomorrow.....

bigmac
12-21-2006, 11:22 PM

"Hello - this is BriEOD with a Flash call for Farmer Ted...":D

etakk7
12-22-2006, 12:46 AM
Sodar, I'll buy that if you will sell it! Let me know.

BriEOD
12-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Did you call 4199?

I was in the office until 11, then we had mandatory fun the rest of the afternoon.

RUMINT is we're closing shop at noon tomorrow.....
Whatever was listed on the worldwide. I'm off until the 2nd.

BriEOD
12-22-2006, 09:22 AM
"Hello - this is BriEOD with a Flash call for Farmer Ted...":D

That's about how it would have went.:D

C36
12-22-2006, 04:14 PM

erk:

Preamble - I should mention that I think this site is GREAT! And the suggestions below (if picked up) would be icing on the cake. I should also note that this site was a factor in our purchasing a MasterCraft, and although we did not purchase a new boat (this time) I can not help but think that those purchasing new boats also use this site as a resource.

:) Just in case others are looking into this, I personally would like to see:
a complete collection of MasterCraft advertisements (ideally that could be viewed one-at-at-a-time or as a sideshow - by model (or hull) from newest to oldest; or oldest to newest),
MasterCraft brochures (PDFs by years like the manuals on www.mastercraft.com),
MasterCraft website material from previous years posted in an "archives" section (of either the MasterCraft site or the Team Talk site); and
MasterCraft promotional DVDs and/or VHS material from pervious years (could be posted in the download section of this site as webstream video and/or offered for purchase through ProShop).

I have always been a little puzzled why there is nothing in the "downloads (http://www.tmcowners.com/links/index.php?) section of the Team Talk site. I seem to remember some brochures and advertising material at one time but can not seem to find it anymore. :confused:

I would LOVE to see some info in particular on 2001 X-5! ;)

C36
12-23-2006, 05:48 PM
2006 double page ad for X-1

east tx skier
12-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I begged and pleaded for a year or so on here for them to post that 2004 Pro Star commercial. I even down sampled it for them when I scanned some and helped compile the rest of those old boat buyer's guides last year. Not only did we have to wait for youtube to have easy access to the commercial, but the boat buyer's guides have disappeared along with the rest of the download section. So much for hard work.

André
12-26-2006, 02:18 PM
I begged and pleaded for a year or so on here for them to post that 2004 Pro Star commercial. I even down sampled it for them when I scanned some and helped compile the rest of those old boat buyer's guides last year. Not only did we have to wait for youtube to have easy access to the commercial, but the boat buyer's guides have disappeared along with the rest of the download section. So much ford hard work.
That sucks Doug!
I remember the work you went through to compile those...:(

east tx skier
12-26-2006, 04:28 PM
That sucks Doug!
I remember the work you went through to compile those...:(

Wasn't just me. Lots of folks other than me worked plenty hard burning up their scanners. Most of them, I just put together as pdfs. People still send me emails asking to send me a CD for copies and I'm happy to oblige. Just seems like MC had a good thing going by having that great stuff on their site.

C36
12-26-2006, 07:33 PM
:o I begged and pleaded for a year or so on here for them to post that 2004 Pro Star commercial. I even down sampled it for them when I scanned some and helped compile the rest of those old boat buyer's guides last year. Not only did we have to wait for youtube to have easy access to the commercial, but the boat buyer's guides have disappeared along with the rest of the download section. So much for hard work.

ETS:

Seems to me that one solution would be to allow "uploads" in the "download" section. Registered TT members could then post files (e.g. PDF's) in the download section that might be of interest/benefit of others. We can post pictures in TeamTalk, ShowRoom, and MarketPlace now - why not PDF's in the download section? :confused:

When you say "boat buyer's guide" - is this the same as a sales brochure?

EDIT/ p.s. Sorry if this reopened old wounds.

Blair
12-26-2006, 09:07 PM
I begged and pleaded for a year or so on here for them to post that 2004 Pro Star commercial. I even down sampled it for them when I scanned some and helped compile the rest of those old boat buyer's guides last year. Not only did we have to wait for youtube to have easy access to the commercial, but the boat buyer's guides have disappeared along with the rest of the download section. So much for hard work.

you mean this comercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7DyHbZcrI

Workin' 4 Toys
12-26-2006, 09:37 PM
So much for hard work.
Well, there is always the "forever asked questions" section sticky'd8p

C36
12-27-2006, 11:41 AM
I tried to add this link to the "download" section under "M" for "MasterCraft TV commercial (2004 ProStar)" and the script hung on "select a directory" - "main directory" shows under this drop-down menu, but it would not let me select it. :confused:

you mean this comercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7DyHbZcrI

Ric
12-27-2006, 11:51 AM
you mean this comercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7DyHbZcrI That commercial is sooo damncool!

east tx skier
12-27-2006, 12:44 PM
C36, check your PMs.

W4T, if I ever go, I'll be sure to take 'em with me. :)

C36
12-28-2006, 12:19 AM
PS 197 page from the 2007 virtual brochure.

C36
01-03-2007, 12:27 PM
2006 197 TT ad - side shot

C36
01-03-2007, 12:28 PM
2006 197 TT ad - front shot

Alteczen
01-05-2007, 12:06 PM
all of the files that "used" to be in the downloads section are on the server this site is hosted on. They just haven't been entered into the admin section for the downloads. You'll probably have to get on the people at MC to get them loaded but it's something that if given access to, the moderators could add.

east tx skier
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on to TMC as we were discussing this the other day.

C36
01-10-2007, 07:36 PM
X5 page from the 2001 MasterCraft sales brochure