PDA

View Full Version : 190 (91-94) vs 205 (92-95)

pram
12-20-2006, 08:22 PM
I am really thinking of changing from my 190 to a 205. I am just a little hesitant to get rid of my boat now as there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and it skis awesome. The open bow would be really nice though.
I guess what I am looking for is some input from others who possibly have done this change themselves.
How much different is the wake? I am still running the stock prop on my boat now, if I went and got an Acme 541 would it change the wake on the 205 to be similar to the wake on a 190 (that is if there is even a noticeable difference)?
Should a person really seek out a 285hp due to the extra weight of the boat or would again the prop change take any lacking up? Ideally I would like to find a 95 that is injected.
How does the open bow measure up for storage places? What year did the boat receive underseat storage in the back? (my 91 doesn't have it)

Any other information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Paul

east tx skier
12-20-2006, 08:30 PM
The wake on the 205 (92--95) will be slightly taller than your 190, but not by too much. It is a very nice slalom wake. The 541 will flatten it out a bit. 285 hp is great, but they came stock with the Holley 4010, so beware. If upgraded to the 4160, I'd say definitely go with 285 hp. Storage is going to be less for slalom skis and the like. Floor locker is okay, but can get damp. No underseat (rear) storage until 96 (but different hull with a bigger wake that year and up). Just pull the back seat entirely and you have a ton of room. In the FAQ, there is a thread about the prop test I did. I have pictures of the 205 wake from 24 mph all the way up to 36 mph with two different props. That might help as far as what to expect from the wake.

NSXBill
12-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Get some of your PS 205 questions answered here:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5337

JohnnyB
12-21-2006, 05:47 PM
I think you'll find the difference in wake and performance almost un-noticeable.

Storage??? Underneath the closed bow was good for things that were dry and for transport to and from the lake. Once things got wet (skis, wetsuits, vests) they tend to get stacked on the drivers side of the dog house. Skis have always gone next to the dog house when ready to use because they're easier to access there when changing between skiers.....moving skis in and out of the closed bow area is a PITA. My :twocents:

pram
12-21-2006, 06:16 PM
T I have pictures of the 205 wake from 24 mph all the way up to 36 mph with two different props. That might help as far as what to expect from the wake.

This is actually on my computer as it is one of the first things that I ever downloaded and saved I have read it many times (actually just now again). Looking at the wake on your boat I can't see it being all that much different than what I have now running the stock prop (OJ Legend I believe).

QUOTE=NSXBill]Get some of your PS 205 questions answered here:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5337[/QUOTE]

I have read that post as well with great interest many times. Thanks for the reminder