PDA

View Full Version : Water Channel

LakePirate
12-20-2006, 02:04 PM
So I am looking at Dish Network as a service provider.

Is the water channel worth it?

Jesus_Freak
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
What are you looking for? Wakeboarding, barefoot, slalom?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-20-2006, 02:19 PM
My parents have it on their DN. I love the skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, foiling stuff they got on their. I watched it last saturday night when I was visiting them. 3 or 4 hours of watersports. but they have lots of other stuff on it too. I havent watched anything else on it. I only watch the skiin if its on. They run the Secret Spot on there once in a while too. that was cool. Do you have to pay extra for it, or is it in a package?

Jesus_Freak
12-20-2006, 02:21 PM
I have still not seen any slalom event yet after 6 months. Did I miss it?

loeweb
12-20-2006, 02:42 PM
not only is the water channel worth it, they also have CSTV which carries college sports year round, NFL network which has NFL talks year round, and a lot of other cool channels. to me it was a no brainer.

12-20-2006, 02:49 PM
I have still not seen any slalom event yet after 6 months. Did I miss it?
I havnet seen a slalom "event", just the skiing on the secret spot. THe other stuff was barefooting, foiling, and ski show competitions. NO slalom events, at least none last weekend.

12-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Here is a link to request programs on the water channel. Maybe if we let them know that there is interest in it, they will include some in their programming. I already sent them an email request, I suggest we all do the same. Maybe they will listen and we can watch some slalom!:)

http://www.waterchannel.com/contact/

Jesus_Freak
12-20-2006, 03:16 PM
I already sent them an email request, I suggest we all do the same. Maybe they will listen and we can watch some slalom!:) http://www.waterchannel.com/contact/

Done. Thank you!

Ryan
12-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I have not seen the Water Channel, but we did try DishNetwork for a few days. I was very disapointed with the menu system, DVR and inability to search and easily set to record a whole series. We switched right back to cable thanks to the 3-day CA cooling off period that allows one to get out of such a contract.

I'm hoping the channel will be available from Verizon. Once they get licensed to run TV through my FIOS in Huntington Beach (I'm already hooked up for data).

LakePirate
12-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the Info Ryan.

Anybody else had any dealings with Dish vs. Direct?

loeweb
12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I still love Dish Network over Directv. The biggest thing I like about dish is the fact that I can set up guide lists to show only the channels I want to watch. No Home Shopping, no man hater channel, no music, jsut sports and news. I have never had any customer service issues, but haven't had many big things worth complaining about either.

mig
12-20-2006, 04:52 PM
done again.

kycat2007
12-20-2006, 04:53 PM
I bought Dish originally because they locked the priing fo a year. I think cable seems to raise the price everytime I have to poop. Well I think both packages for Direct and Dish are pretty close channel wise.

I heard yesterday for new subscribers it is 29.99 for the second best channel set. I think they are giving HBO away for a couple of months as well. This sucks because I pay 41.99 a month for that same package.

I would have never thought of paying $50 or more for tv service. But with the new HDTV programming coming I guess I can expect it soon.

chudson
12-20-2006, 06:05 PM
I have Dish and like the Water channel but when USA comes on and you hit the info button to see whats on the info doesn't always jibe with what's really on. I set it to record the Barefoot Nationals in Wash. and got wakeboarding, bummer!!!

kycat2007
12-20-2006, 06:20 PM
alot of power boating and fishing too.

agua4fun
12-20-2006, 10:47 PM
yeah the listing tends to be off alot. but i love the channel.
Slalom was on a few times in the summer. otherwise i haven seen it since. I also kiteboard, windsurf and they get coverage quite often also.

Jim@BAWS
12-20-2006, 10:58 PM
We just had FIOS installed in our area....IT ROCKS

Fiber optics is the ticket

Jim@BAWS

Monte
12-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Here is a link to request programs on the water channel. Maybe if we let them know that there is interest in it, they will include some in their programming. I already sent them an email request, I suggest we all do the same. Maybe they will listen and we can watch some slalom!:)

http://www.waterchannel.com/contact/

Did you ask them to do a documentary on the defective Monza?
BTW for the slolomin bretherin .... E-mail sent!;)

12-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Did you ask them to do a documentary on the defective Monza?
BTW for the slolomin bretherin .... E-mail sent!;)
Yea, maybe they could do an entire series about it. 8p I may be ON the water channel!;)

Monte
12-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Yea, maybe they could do an entire series about it. 8p I may be ON the water channel!;)

Just make sure to show up in the cape!;)

12-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Just make sure to show up in the cape!;)
Oh, I am SO there! Yes, thats what the water channel NEEDS! a retard skiing in a super hero costume! YEA! :headbang:

Monte
12-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh, I am SO there! Yes, thats what the water channel NEEDS! a retard skiing in a super hero costume! YEA! :headbang:

LMAO!!!!! Ratings.... Man...... Ratings

LakePirate
12-21-2006, 09:52 AM
It would be better than - Identity

Ric
12-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the Info Ryan.

Anybody else had any dealings with Dish vs. Direct? dish network let me down big time in 99 and I can say I will never go back to them

short version is that they ran a local ad to get all your harware free if you sign up for a year of the 100 package (this was 1999 remember)

bought all the stuff at sears for 2 rooms
set it all up myself, really proud and then the wife goes to change channels on the upstairs unit and the downstairs unit freaks(yes one was ir and one was uhf)

called and called to those snots in denver to finally learn that they dont know whats wrong but I have to mail them my lnb for inspection for about a 6 week turnaround!!!!!!! no sir we don't send out new ones or loaners or the like...

next thing I know, I realized my rebate for all the hardware I bought at sears never arrived
called and called denver.... no sir, you didnt sign form 5463542736789433 so even though you bought at the right time, signed up for what we said to sign up for, you will not be getting your 350.00 rebate! I said "cut it off promptlly" I want no more of this
sir you have a contract
no, dish network broke it
no sir
I stopped paying
5 years later I went to buy another house and dish network had a claim for 95.00 on my credit with one or two of the big three..... 95.00!!! no phone call, no "let's work this out" nuthin
no more dish network for me
bad customer service on both equipment and admin at dish network gave me a right good beat-down

wait I forgot about this part........ 5 years later I wrote all the proper letters and the credit agencies slowly removed the notice for the 95.00
around that same time I gave a buddy, a new dish network sicofant, my pile of hardware from my attic..
he went to use the receivers and dish network recognized the serial numbers and told my buddy he'd have to pay the 95.00 before he could use those receivers.... no joke

kycat2007
12-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Lake did you check this out on Direct
http://www.americansatellite.com/satellite-news-article.asp/Key/45

Sounds like a must have for a man of your means:D

LakePirate
12-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Lake did you check this out on Direct
http://www.americansatellite.com/satellite-news-article.asp/Key/45

Sounds like a must have for a man of your means:D

But I have 18 TVs.

I had this service in College but didn't pay the 7500 a year.

kycat2007
12-22-2006, 01:15 PM
This service would work because it will do the 18 tvs because extra boxes are included. Man you are set. Superbowl party at Lake's crib:D