PDA

View Full Version : The new Mastercraft advertisement is great!

Ric
12-20-2006, 10:31 AM
anyone seen the back page of waterski's 2007 boat buyers guide?

I dont have a scanner here but it's basically a pic of a 197 and a statement about Parrish setting the world record on June 4 2006 with a 197 and it being bittersweet because he had to leave the water and go home to his sponsors boat!

(they never used Parrish's name but ya know)

JohnnyB
12-20-2006, 11:38 AM
When did your 2007 Boat Buyer's guide arrive???

My mail carrier must be into skiing, too :confused:

Ric
12-20-2006, 03:50 PM
weird
my bbg arrived yesterday at my new house with a yellow forwarding tag which means it actually would have arrived sooner had I not moved...

Masternorth
12-20-2006, 03:57 PM
weird
my bbg arrived yesterday at my new house with a yellow forwarding tag which means it actually would have arrived sooner had I not moved...

GREAT! That means I will get it a month later in Canada and that I will have to leave for vacations without it! :mad:

André
12-20-2006, 04:03 PM
GREAT! That means I will get it a month later in Canada and that I will have to leave for vacations without it! :mad:
Going to Florida for Christmas???
Need a lift,can drive!:D

TMCNo1
12-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I haven't got mine yet either, snail mail I guess!

G-man
12-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I haven't got mine yet either, snail mail I guess!

They know your not buying a new boat

Masternorth
12-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Going to Florida for Christmas???
Need a lift,can drive!:D

No, not Florida, ski hills! But if I was, I am sure you would love the ride with my 4 kids and wife on a 40 hours trip :eek3:

Blair
12-20-2006, 06:48 PM
masternorth where ya headed? you coming out west?

Ryan
12-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I don't have my favorite issue of the year yet. Anyone know where they are printed? You'd think it were Houston with Rachel getting hers so early.

atlfootr
12-20-2006, 09:58 PM
anyone seen the back page of waterski's 2007 boat buyers guide?Yea, I see it.
Yellow / White MC

Farmer Ted
12-20-2006, 10:57 PM
this one?????????

Farmer Ted
12-20-2006, 11:00 PM

Blair
12-20-2006, 11:39 PM
AWSOME!!!!! and Ouch!!!

Ric
12-21-2006, 12:59 AM
dat be it! I luv it

André
12-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Ouch,that gotta hurt!
Anyone else started dreaming of a real Mastercraft watching those Waterski Mag back cover adds?It did the job for me and got hooked on a MC when i got into waterskiing.

Masternorth
12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
masternorth where ya headed? you coming out west?
I wish but I will go in the Laurantians an 1 1/2 from Montreal where they make artificial snow since it is pretty warm this year and the natural snow is missing.

bigmac
12-21-2006, 11:52 AM
anyone seen the back page of waterski's 2007 boat buyers guide?

I dont have a scanner here but it's basically a pic of a 197 and a statement about Parrish setting the world record on June 4 2006 with a 197 and it being bittersweet because he had to leave the water and go home to his sponsors boat!

(they never used Parrish's name but ya know)That ad seems to be drawing the ire of owners of at least one competing brand (http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=7399&view=findpost&p=145497)...

André
12-21-2006, 11:59 AM
That ad seems to be drawing the ire of owners of at least one competing brand (http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=7399&view=findpost&p=145497)...
You know you could get ban for browsing that place...;)

Ric
12-21-2006, 12:02 PM
I may be wrong but the malibu crew was a site called malibu boat owners before it was changed correct? I haven't been over there in awhile but I believe there was plenty of mc bashin goin on . it's the internet.. Damnthat Doug gets around !!

bigmac
12-21-2006, 12:08 PM
You know you could get ban for browsing that place...;)

Well, it's unlikely that it will be Doug that bans me...;)

I may be wrong but the malibu crew was a site called malibu boat owners before it was changed correct? I haven't been over there in awhile but I believe there was plenty of mc bashin goin on . it's the internet.. Damnthat Doug gets around !!

I browse that forum fairly often. Generally, I see a lot less MC bashing there than I see MB bashing here.

MYMC
12-21-2006, 12:37 PM
To the best of my knowledge no skier had a "choice" of tow boat...personally I don't care for the ad.

Think of the impact this type of ad will have on future events...rumors persisted for years about boat sponsors contracting athletes to not break records behind competing boat brands...wonder what will happen now?

Ric
12-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Well, it's unlikely that it will be Doug that bans me...;)

I browse that forum fairly often. Generally, I see a lot less MC bashing there than I see MB bashing here. so am I wrong that it's the old MBO? If so then I will officially state that they are just better people over there at the malibu crew.

Ric
12-21-2006, 12:41 PM
To the best of my knowledge no skier had a "choice" of tow boat...personally I don't care for the ad.

Think of the impact this type of ad will have on future events...rumors persisted for years about boat sponsors contracting athletes to not break records behind competing boat brands...wonder what will happen now? I thought it was a ballzy ad and perfect for the wintertime banter... you know the rumors will continue

hey I had to wait 6months for mc to finally have an ad announcing that their ski boat pulled the world ffen record.. I like it

ski_king
12-21-2006, 12:43 PM
I agree poor taste in the ad if there was not a choice of boat in the tournament.

Wasn't his earlier record behind a MC denied because of boat path deaviation? Then he set it behind a Bu before bettering it behind the MC?

Ric
12-21-2006, 03:11 PM
yes, to all those king, and if it's not a choice who's boat you draw then the world record towboat mfg should be able to tout it, no?

ski_king
12-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Actually, I like the ad :)
I am sure that during the record that disallowed, the driver was distracted by a bikini on the beach.

Ryan
01-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Is there anyone else, besides me, that has not received their copy of the Boat Buyer's Guide?

I have to wait a while before they will send me another one, since it may still be in transit. WSMag has about a month window to get their mag out.

PendO
01-02-2007, 03:28 PM
tasteless add if there truly was not a "choice"

it's one thing for MC to say their boat/hull as the WR, but that is where it should end.

chudson
01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Got mine this last weekend, I think someone in my local mail system looks my magazines over for a while then sends it on. I have to say though that Boat Buyer's Guide is starting to look like the Sears-Roebuck catalog!!! ( thick )

C36
01-02-2007, 03:45 PM
As of January 2nd I still haven't got mine yet either :mad:
... but international subscriptions may be issued later than domestic (US) as they are not on the newstands here yet either.

As for the ad - personally I think it might have been better to take the high road: "Congratulations on the WORLD RECORD Chris! Glad we could help!" ;)

Is there anyone else, besides me, that has not received their copy of the Boat Buyer's Guide?

I have to wait a while before they will send me another one, since it may still be in transit. WSMag has about a month window to get their mag out.

3event
01-02-2007, 03:54 PM
BBG issue just arrived last week.

I tend to agree on taking the high road with the ad, but it's gutsy. The so-called competitors will be hoping for a chance to return fire.

Sodar
01-02-2007, 03:58 PM

I got mine Ryan! Must be that damn Huntington Beach mail service ;)

Ryan
01-02-2007, 04:29 PM
You're not kidding. All of our mail delivery people wear cargo shorts, Etnies/Vans, have a wallet chain and only wear their untucked uniform shirts 3 days a week. We get all sorts of wrong mail. They always get one part correct, the house # or street #. I took my kids out for a walk four times last week to deliver Chrismas cards to the right house -safer for the recipient than forwarding. I figure some pot-head rasta got it by mistake and is using it to keep his coffee table level.

Ryan
01-02-2007, 04:31 PM
I got mine Ryan! Must be that damn Huntington Beach mail service ;)

PS how long ago did you get your copy?

Sodar
01-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I got mine over a week ago... Saturday before X-mas to be exact!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I thought it was a ballzy ad and perfect for the wintertime banter... you know the rumors will continue
I like it too.........:D

André
01-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Maybe they will change their add if Parrish beat it again at the Masters!http://www.planetnautique.com/
"Going to a Nautique after a Malibu is like going from a station wagon to a Mercedes..."Chris Parrish.

Aside the wood panels,they're pretty much the same...;)

PendO
01-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Maybe they will change their add if Parrish beat it again at the Masters!http://www.planetnautique.com/
"Going to a Nautique after a Malibu is like going from a station wagon to a Mercedes..."Chris Parrish.

Aside the wood panels,they're pretty much the same...;)

Damn Andre', he pretty much blows up Bu in that article/quote, had to go read it for myself ... nothing like blowing up a bridge if you are sure you will not need to cross it someday.

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=180

quincyfirefighter
01-04-2007, 02:10 AM
What's wrong with the add. It's all true right. You know Bu or any other manufacture would jump on the opportunity if Parrish was behind they boat. Business is business.. Nice guys finish last right and we're not last right. :rolleyes:

quincyfirefighter
01-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Also no BB Guide for me also. :(

Blair
01-04-2007, 02:48 AM
the way i see it the part of the line that says "the tow boat of choice taht earned one skier"

no where in that line does it say say who chose it, techniclly the guy the did the drawing to see who got waht boat (or however that works) chose the MC for Parrish, I like the add and dont see it in bad taste at all, its all in the way you interpret the wording

H20skeefreek
01-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I just think at Parrish's level, the towboat doesn't matter. If Jaime can run 43 off in practice behind a Tige, it clearly doesn't matter. So, it all comes down to cash. And this is the way that these guys, who keep our sport/boat type alive, stay in the sport. Maybe they should do waterskiing like Nascar is going to do, all the bodies are exactly the same, but have different stickers on them.

Jesus_Freak
01-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Maybe they should do waterskiing like Nascar is going to do, all the bodies are exactly the same, but have different stickers on them.

Human or boat?

Ric
01-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Also no BB Guide for me also. :( I think your mail carrier does not like you Quincy. Remember Jeff's Calendars?

H20skeefreek
01-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey freak, am I gonna have to rough you up? I know some people who know some people who will beat the crap outta people.

bkhallpass
01-04-2007, 11:27 PM

Think of the impact this type of ad will have on future events...rumors persisted for years about boat sponsors contracting athletes to not break records behind competing boat brands...wonder what will happen now?

I'll admit that I'm not an MC owner (I own another brand). But, I feel this add is tasteless, perhaps as tasteless as Mr. Parrish's statements in his press release when signing on for CC.

MYMC, I suspect that you are not only a pretty good guy, but also a very successful salesman and business man. MC should feel lucky that it has someone like you operating one of its dealerships. Folks that sell high end products understand that you succeed by discussing the merits of your own product, not by sophomoric put downs of others. BKH

MYMC
01-05-2007, 10:50 AM
I'll admit that I'm not an MC owner (I own another brand). But, I feel this add is tasteless, perhaps as tasteless as Mr. Parrish's statements in his press release when signing on for CC.

MYMC, I suspect that you are not only a pretty good guy, but also a very successful salesman and business man. MC should feel lucky that it has someone like you operating one of its dealerships. Folks that sell high end products understand that you succeed by discussing the merits of your own product, not by sophomoric put downs of others. BKH
Thank you sir, I appreciate the kind words. I hope one day to be successful; however, most days I feel like Don Quixote and I'm not sure that is a bad thing (darn windmills).

Anyway, I thank you.

Ric
01-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Thank you sir, I appreciate the kind words. I hope one day to be successful; however, most days I feel like Don Quixote and I'm not sure that is a bad thing (darn windmills).

Anyway, I thank you. you just beware of ME

MYMC
01-05-2007, 11:19 AM
you just beware of ME
Ahhhh, ok?

Ric
01-05-2007, 02:20 PM
I love competition
I think someone on the parrish thread mentioned the fact that the mc ad will get alot of attention and I think that's most likely true
I doubt MC sells any less boats this year due to the ad.. who knows, they might sell more :rolleyes:

skisix@38
01-05-2007, 03:14 PM
What's wrong with the add. It's all true right. You know Bu or any other manufacture would jump on the opportunity if Parrish was behind they boat. Business is business.. Nice guys finish last right and we're not last right. :rolleyes:

They( bu and CC) have held off on doing that so far and I hope none of the mfgs resort to replying to this ad because all it doesn it bring down everyone. I see this kind of thing the same way I saw the whole President Clinton/Lewenski thing- it just teaches otherwise good folks that you have to be nasty to get ahead, I don't want that example for my son. I want him to take the high road. Sure, shout to the top of the mountain that MC pulled the record- advertise it, throw it in everyones face.... Don't start taking cheap shots at someone else's product. MYMC is right, if this is the way the industry is going to go than they will start putting things like "you can't set records behind anyone else's boat" and where does that get us. What if Jamie had that clause? Aguably the best skier out there doesn't have a chance to ski behind his boat ever, do we as skiers want him holding back on the 2 ball at 43 off because he's skiing behind a gekko? NO! We want him going for it firing up my son and all his buddies so the sport will drive our youngsters.

east tx skier
01-05-2007, 03:22 PM
They( bu and CC) have held off on doing that so far and I hope none of the mfgs resort to replying to this ad because all it doesn it bring down everyone. I see this kind of thing the same way I saw the whole President Clinton/Lewenski thing- it just teaches otherwise good folks that you have to be nasty to get ahead, I don't want that example for my son. I want him to take the high road. Sure, shout to the top of the mountain that MC pulled the record- advertise it, throw it in everyones face.... Don't start taking cheap shots at someone else's product. MYMC is right, if this is the way the industry is going to go than they will start putting things like "you can't set records behind anyone else's boat" and where does that get us. What if Jamie had that clause? Aguably the best skier out there doesn't have a chance to ski behind his boat ever, do we as skiers want him holding back on the 2 ball at 43 off because he's skiing behind a gekko? NO! We want him going for it firing up my son and all his buddies so the sport will drive our youngsters.

Just my opinion, but the new ad didn't do much for me ... not even close as the picture of the mom laying out over the soccer ball with one hand on the stroller or the shot from this past year over the skier's shoulder looking down the line toward the boat, or the one with the guy squirting shaving cream in his shoes. These previous ads spoke to love of the sport. "Never stop feeling the pull." I'll never break a record. Most of us won't. But when I am driving along and see an open field, I'm immediately wondering if it's long enough for a lake.

skisix@38
01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
... But when I am driving along and see an open field, I'm immediately wondering if it's long enough for a lake.

Kindred spirits! Evertime I see a line of trees I'm wondering if there's a sweet lake nestled against them with a course in it.

MYMC
01-05-2007, 06:08 PM
There are at least three of us then.

pq2
01-05-2007, 06:12 PM
4, I have searched on the google earth every spot of water around the state. trying to find a quiet place to ski.

André
01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
5! Found a nice one already dig.110 acres of land.
Anybody got 1.2 million to lend me?

MYMC
01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
5! Found a nice one already dig.110 acres of land.
Only $240,000 if you divide by 5!:rolleyes:

quincyfirefighter
01-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Good point. Guess I didn't look at it that way. I stand corrected

east tx skier
01-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Armchair quarterback here. Here's how I'd have worded it.

In 2005, a pro skier set a world record for slalom of 1.5 buoys at 43 off behind a MasterCraft Pro Star 197. While his is not sponsored by MasterCraft, we at MasterCraft wish to extend our congratulations to him.

At MasterCraft, we make every effort to make sure that our Pro Star series boats are the best slalom boats available. If you are a skier and don't currently own a Pro Star, MasterCraft invites you to visit your local dealer for a test drive. Please don't forget your ski. Who knows? Maybe a set behind a Pro Star can bring out the best in you.

Ric
01-07-2007, 04:35 PM
I like both of those Doug. I am glad MC finally made a big deal about the world record being broken with a 197 and I like how you relate it to individuals beating their own personal records with a 197 as you and I have both done.

Tasteless? I don't know, maybe but I LIKE IT! whooooo!

Leroy
01-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Definitely an improvement, not there is anything wrong with the ad!

Armchair quarterback here. Here's how I'd have worded it.

In 2005, a pro skier set a world record for slalom of 1.5 buoys at 43 off behind a MasterCraft Pro Star 197. While his is not sponsored by MasterCraft, we at MasterCraft wish to extend our congratulations to him.

At MasterCraft, we make every effort to make sure that our Pro Star series boats are the best slalom boats available. If you are a skier and don't currently own a Pro Star, MasterCraft invites you to visit your local dealer for a test drive. Please don't forget your ski. Who knows? Maybe a set behind a Pro Star can bring out the best in you.

east tx skier
01-07-2007, 04:53 PM
I like both of those Doug. I am glad MC finally made a big deal about the world record being broken with a 197 and I like how you relate it to individuals beating their own personal records with a 197 as you and I have both done.

Tasteless? I don't know, maybe but I LIKE IT! whooooo!

Hey, what do I know. I'm just a wannabe with an old ski boat. I'm glad they mentioned the record. It's a big deal for them. But when I think of the potential buyers, I don't think of pro skiers. They get free boats. It's people like us, who may never see shortline. We just want to get our best shot.

TMCNo1
01-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I can see it now, Doug moving from Texas as a moderator, up to Knoxville, TN and working as a writer for the MC's new ad agency of Dewey, Screwum and Howe, PA!

east tx skier
01-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm too honest for advertising. If it were up to me, Volvo ads would say, "Boxy, but good."

PendO
01-07-2007, 07:30 PM

thats like what, sixty bucks in US dollars:)?

André
01-07-2007, 07:34 PM
thats like what, sixty bucks in US dollars:)?
Hey,don't laugh at our loony.It's been around 88 to 90 cents US for a while now...Too bad it's hurting our economy more then helping it!:rolleyes:

Ric
08-02-2007, 02:09 PM
uh OH! MC has a new OSBC ad on WSM!.......... :stirs the pot:

Monte
08-02-2007, 02:11 PM
uh OH! MC has a new OSBC ad on WSM!.......... :stirs the pot:

Haven't seen it yet:confused: You got a scanner?

Ric
08-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Haven't seen it yet:confused: You got a scanner? Yes, gimme 5 or 6 days to figure it out and I'll get a scanned copy here for yall to see:o

...OR, MC could put a links section up here showing all their ads... Why not?

Monte
08-02-2007, 02:31 PM
...OR, MC could put a links section up here showing all their ads... Why not?

That IS a valid point! Is there not already a way to find them?

cbryan70
08-02-2007, 02:38 PM
agreed......

TMCNo1
08-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Is this it?

shepherd
08-02-2007, 03:03 PM

cbryan70
08-02-2007, 03:16 PM
you cant just say that and not scan a picture of it! its just not fair to those of us who dont get the mag!

TMCNo1
08-02-2007, 03:18 PM
you cant just say that and not scan a picture of it! its just not fair to those of us who dont get the mag!
You won't find me posting that ad on here! I stay enough trouble as it is!:eek: I have such good role models.

Ric
08-02-2007, 04:28 PM
OSBC?

Don't know what that means, but talking about stirring the pot -- Malibu is doing it too, inside the front cover. OSBC is outside back cover, sorry counselor!

Ric
08-02-2007, 04:28 PM
There's a big logo for ZeroOff on the bow of the boat in that ad as well...

pq2
08-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I dont get it, if Andy Mapple (CC team) is developing and promoting Zero Off why the add was on the MC and not in the CC :confused:

skisix@38
08-02-2007, 05:12 PM
I've tried to stay out of this one but I'm too weak. I own another brand as some of you may recall but, I ski ALL the boats in practice and tournaments and I don't care which one I get because it's not the boat that's going to keep my from a new PB. I hated the original add that started this thread and I hated the Chris Parrish quote when he switched to CC as a sponsor. The reason being that the ads put something down to make the product that's being marketed appear to be better. In contrast to actually saying something positive about the product that's being marketed. MC has a great ski boat, the CM marketing peeps can't come up with a few things that they can hype all on thier own without having to misrepresent a situation to make thier stuff look good. I went through all the stuff I could watch/read/hear on the shootout and I have absolutely no ideas where or what the numbers of 9 3 and 0 for MC, Bu, CC represent. I can't believe the CC196 wouldn't be picked by anyone, absurd. I would feel the same way if Bu or Moomba, etc... started doing teh same thing.

Ric
08-02-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't really think you have actually stayed out of any of these discussions skisix.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=283886&postcount=52

jbfootin
08-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Skisix may not have completely stayed out of the conversation, but he does have some valid points. I agree that MC has a great product and they can state facts backing that up, such as how many world records they have pulled, without personal attacks on other MFGs.

But then again all is fair in love, war and big business:rolleyes: I'm not going to sell my MC because they call out their competition:cool:

rodltg2
08-02-2007, 07:43 PM
its dumb ad. i imagine that score must be from one of the events during the shootout.

JohnE
08-03-2007, 01:07 AM
its dumb ad. i imagine that score must be from one of the events during the shootout.

Aren't all ad's dumb? They're all playing on emotions. That's why they are ad's not facts. BTW, I fall for most of them. :)

rodltg2
08-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Aren't all ad's dumb? They're all playing on emotions. That's why they are ad's not facts. BTW, I fall for most of them. :)

true dat!!!!

Ric
08-03-2007, 09:42 AM
hehehehehehehehehe

skisix@38
08-03-2007, 09:47 AM
So, I made it a point to go look at the ad on the front inside cover that another mfg laid out. From my perspective it's ok because they just said "we won again"( with some attitude). But, it's true they won what they say they won. Bu hasn't come out with some new ad's( that I know of ) saying that they now have pulled the new record while the skiers sponser boat was at home. Or that the skiers at Trophy lake all choose to ski behind an MC. That's a crock because if you ski at trophy you ski behind an MC, so, the skiers choice is to ski or not to ski. Which boat has been decided already without the skiers voting.
MC could have made just as strong of a point by using the same picture and a paragraph below saying that on such a weekend all the pro skiers got together at the same lake and by the end of the day the MC pulled a new world record. CP could have said with the same impact that He moved to CC because he liked the feel of Nautiques. In both of those cases they could have chose to make their point just as strongly without bashing someone or something else.

Our sport is small enough, the bashing of each other in this small market just further closes the market by making it less enticing to enter for new folks.

Ric
08-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Bu hasn't come out with some new ad's( that I know of ) saying that they now have pulled the new record while the skiers sponser boat was at home. Or that the skiers at Trophy lake all choose to ski behind an MC. That's a crock because if you ski at trophy you ski behind an MC, so, the skiers choice is to ski or not to ski. Which boat has been decided already without the skiers voting

Youre still missing the point but I love you anyway.

The ad didn't mention that it was the pro's choice at Trophy, but rather that it must have been a let down to go home to his sponsors boat after setting the WFR behind the 197.

shepherd
08-03-2007, 10:15 AM

Ric
08-03-2007, 10:16 AM
What is stupid is getting all worked up over these ads. The Mastercraft vs. Correct Craft vs. Malibu debates are no worse (and just as much fun) as the OSU vs. Michigan vs. Florida debates on that other thread.

Like most of you guys, I'll take a pull behind any of those boats - but I have a personal preference on which one I'd own. It's fun isn't it?

shepherd
08-03-2007, 10:22 AM

skisix@38
08-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Youre still missing the point but I love you anyway.

The ad didn't mention that it was the pro's choice at Trophy, but rather that it must have been a let down to go home to his sponsors boat after setting the WFR behind the 197.

Glad to be getting the love! The ad did mention the above but I also believe that it said something alont he lines of "skiers all chose to ski behind the 197 that weekend". That's what I was referring to.

K. Not getting worked up.

Ric
08-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Glad to be getting the love! The ad did mention the above but I also believe that it said something alont he lines of "skiers all chose to ski behind the 197 that weekend". That's what I was referring to.

K. Not getting worked up.

well do some homework and get back to me. You referred to trophy being MC-only and not a choice for the skier who broke the world record behind the 197. True, but the ad said nothing to the contrary...

I think you are confusing the new 9-3-0 ad (which refers to skiers choices) with the world record ad which does not..

skisix@38
08-03-2007, 12:34 PM
well do some homework and get back to me. You referred to trophy being MC-only and not a choice for the skier who broke the world record behind the 197. True, but the ad said nothing to the contrary...

I think you are confusing the new 9-3-0 ad (which refers to skiers choices) with the world record ad which does not..

Alrighty then.... Post #13 has the text of the ad
".... Mastercraft Prostar 197 was the tow boat of choice..."

I'll subcribe to difference interpretations of that but the impression I'm left with is that all these guys were lined up on the dock and there was a 197, 196 and RLXi sitting gased ready to go and the guy the broke the record pointed at the 197 and asked for the ride. I firmly believe that's exactly what the ad makers wanted me to believe. That impression isn't really accurate. Yes, no argument the CP set the record and a 197 pulled him to that record. He didn't choose the boat though, there were only 197's in the water.

Still love me anyway?

ProTour X9
08-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Why can't we just say that its the skier that breaks the record not the boat? MC can have a smallest wake record or something like that :D

Ric
08-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Alrighty then.... Post #13 has the text of the ad
".... Mastercraft Prostar 197 was the tow boat of choice..."

I'll subcribe to difference interpretations of that but the impression I'm left with is that all these guys were lined up on the dock and there was a 197, 196 and RLXi sitting gased ready to go and the guy the broke the record pointed at the 197 and asked for the ride. I firmly believe that's exactly what the ad makers wanted me to believe. That impression isn't really accurate. Yes, no argument the CP set the record and a 197 pulled him to that record. He didn't choose the boat though, there were only 197's in the water.

Still love me anyway?

hhah that is why I have been telling you that you are confused.

shepherd
08-03-2007, 12:42 PM

Ric
08-03-2007, 02:14 PM
. :popcorn:

skisix@38
08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Are you guys waiting for me? I'm in the swimsuits section-C U there!

shepherd
08-03-2007, 04:59 PM
. :popcorn:

... :dance: