PDA

View Full Version : No Trailer Tags Needed

atlfootr
12-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Today in traffic, I pulled up behind this guy w/ no No Trailer Tags.
I guess he feels, he doesn't need one either.

Who else out there, drives w/out a tag on their trailer :rolleyes:

rodltg2
12-19-2006, 08:47 PM
no tags, no tie downs, no teak oil, no T

JKTX21
12-19-2006, 08:56 PM
:mad:
The guy that owned my boat previously must have got a hold of this one. There is nothing more sad than a neglected MasterCraft.

I don't know if the tags are still on my trailer, the plate may have fallen off? :o

east tx skier
12-19-2006, 09:01 PM
My father in law keeps his in the boat because he doesn't want to rip it off if he drops off the ramp.

Footin
12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
None needed in Tennessee, Ohio yes.

André
12-19-2006, 09:03 PM
No tags on mine as it travel about 200' each years...:D
Here you only pay once for a trailer tag and it's valid til you sell the trailer.

JKTX21
12-19-2006, 09:05 PM
That's what happened to my plate! I have it mounted up high on the rear fender light bracket, you can hardly see it. With the water so low, I now know I probably backed off the ramp last time out.

ttu
12-19-2006, 09:29 PM
that mc does need some attn.

in oklahoma no trailer tags are required...

Sodar
12-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Since I redid my trailer I pulled the plates off... just gives it a cleaner look!

TMCNo1
12-19-2006, 09:31 PM
I added an MC tag to the other side to balance everything out!

Sodar
12-19-2006, 09:35 PM

Jeez Man!!! Turn it down a little someone is gunna be blinded by that!!! :D :D

That thing is incredible... I have seen $100k showboats here that don't have their stuff as polished as that!!

atlfootr
12-19-2006, 09:39 PM
that mc does need some attn.
in oklahoma no trailer tags are required...This MC needs ALOT of attention you've only seen the backside ... pretty sad that some folks actually keep such a fine craft in such crappy shape :rant:

billr
12-19-2006, 09:48 PM
No tags needed in Alabama.

bcampbe7
12-19-2006, 10:05 PM
None needed in Tennessee, Ohio yes.

Yep... None needed in Tennessee. :cool:

SKI*MC
12-19-2006, 10:20 PM
not need in WI either. At least we don't have any...

BriEOD
12-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Yep... None needed in Tennessee. :cool:
None needed in SC either. It was a pain in the @$$ relocating to FL. I had to get tags for both vehicles, boat trailer and 4-wheeler trailer.

BriEOD
12-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Harold...That photo is remarkable. I'd be embarrased to put my boat next to yours. Kudos.

TMCNo1
12-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Harold...That photo is remarkable. I'd be embarrased to put my boat next to yours. Kudos.

Thanks guys. It's a lot of work, but..............................it's a Mastercraft and deserves nothing less!

Monte
12-19-2006, 11:31 PM

Holy @$#% #1 that's nice!!:cool: :cool: Your going to puke when you see mine at MC in NC:(

Hoosier Bob
12-19-2006, 11:35 PM
None needed here as long as you have a big orange triangle and a Deere!8p

Monte
12-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Holy @$#% #1 that's nice!!:cool: :cool: Your going to puke when you see mine at MC in NC:(

Of course it's not anywhere near as bad as the one you were behind today... Give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just rescued the boat and decided to risk it getting it home... He had to get it away from the evil dooer...

Hoosier Bob
12-19-2006, 11:43 PM
No pics Monte? Did you ever get the pylon issue solved? Anyway have a great holliday (PC) and take care.
HB

tones03
12-19-2006, 11:45 PM
in MI you buy permanent trailer plates, we have 1 plate for both MC and pontoon. We never trailer either of them far. Works out well.

Monte
12-20-2006, 12:00 AM
No pics Monte? Did you ever get the pylon issue solved? Anyway have a great holliday (PC) and take care.
HB

Yup pylon issue solved
PLUS: have a tower to install. Its leaving friday for the new upholstry and carpet.. Dash and guage panels are being made out of brushed aluminum as we speak and need to be installed when they get home. Stereo and amps are in. Going to post before and afters once she gets done. Merry Christmas ****(PC) :D

Hoosier Bob
12-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Did you just call me a ****? Man that is happening alot here as of late! Anyway I can't wait to ski her! Just call and as always I will have an excuse but eventually I will show up and there will be HOOSIER to pay!

Monte
12-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Did you just call me a ****? Man that is happening alot here as of late! Anyway I can't wait to ski her! Just call and as always I will have an excuse but eventually I will show up and there will be HOOSIER to pay!

Yeah....Yeah...:D Plan on May I'll make sure there's a few coors down here for you:toast:

Hoosier Bob
12-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Now you are talkin'!

erkoehler
12-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Tags are needed in IL....didn't have one on the demo boat for the majority of the summer though. :(

Leroy
12-20-2006, 01:05 AM
No tags needed in Indiana.....at least for a few years! ;)

Then they gave me a "storage tag" ($12) last fall that allowed me to catch up. The BMV is just full of such nice people!

bigmac
12-20-2006, 05:45 AM
No tags needed in Alabama.In Minnesota, trailers more than 3000 lb gvw are supposed to have license plates but when I bought my boat, the dealer applied for the $60 lifetime registration tag that goes on the tongue of a 3000 lb-or-less trailer and the DMV fell for it, so I don't have plates either.

Cary K.
12-20-2006, 08:12 AM
We do need them here in NC, but I keep mine under the observers seat. It has been there about 3 years and never had any problem at all. Even been through checkpoints like that.

H20skeefreek
12-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Don't feed his ego.

JohnnyB
12-20-2006, 09:34 AM
TMCNo1...that's quite a shine!!!! Did you have the trailer fenders painted and clearcoated so that you could get that shine on them, too?

:cool: :cool:

TMCNo1
12-20-2006, 09:42 AM
TMCNo1...that's quite a shine!!!! Did you have the trailer fenders painted and clearcoated so that you could get that shine on them, too?

:cool: :cool:

All Original gelcoat, just tender loving care! :D

TMCNo1
12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Don't feed his ego.

No ego here, just a proud Mastercraft owner, doing the best I can, with what I have to work with.

Sodar
12-20-2006, 09:55 AM
#1,
Do you use the boat for skiing and such, or is just for cruising? How many hours are on it? It looks like it has about 10!! Is the underwater gear polished stainless or did you smooth it out and chrome it?

JohnnyB
12-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Regarding plates in Wisconsin, I believe you need plates for greater than 3000lbs GVW. A 197 on a single axel trailer is around 3700lbs...

Unless you have a really big boat, there probably isn't much to worry about as law enforcement usually doesn't bother....the only person I've ever known to get pulled over was a buddy of mine with a 42 Fountain. He got pulled over leaving a local public ramp -- they did it so they could give him the field sobriety test, which he passed. He got a ten-day ticket to register his trailer.

JohnnyB
12-20-2006, 10:07 AM
No ego here, just a proud Mastercraft owner, doing the best I can, with what I have to work with.

You are obviously quite a detailer....maybe you should do a step bye step thread on detailing your boat.....come on man, share the knowledge :D Granted, it is a craft that is 'practiced', some of the little tricks could help a lot of us be prouder MC owners.

Monte
12-20-2006, 10:19 AM
You are obviously quite a detailer....maybe you should do a step bye step thread on detailing your boat.....come on man, share the knowledge :D Granted, it is a craft that is 'practiced', some of the little tricks could help a lot of us be prouder MC owners.

I agree with JB... Harold we're calling you out! Need pictures for technique:cool:

Monte
12-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Now you are talkin'!

I figured that may peak your interest;)

Ric
12-20-2006, 11:22 AM
I have had so many trailers, I cannot keep up with the tags, but yes, we are supposed to run them..
tempting fate, most of the summer I had loaner trailers etc and never had anything but the new car temp tag from the dealer which I never posted.... knock wood, no law officers thought I was worthy of a stop

Slinkyredfoot
12-20-2006, 11:26 AM
No tags needed in Indiana.....at least for a few years! ;)

Then they gave me a "storage tag" ($12) last fall that allowed me to catch up. The BMV is just full of such nice people!
Leroy, Who do you know at the BMV? I have to pay every year

TMCNo1
12-20-2006, 11:30 AM
#1,
Do you use the boat for skiing and such, or is just for cruising? How many hours are on it? It looks like it has about 10!! Is the underwater gear polished stainless or did you smooth it out and chrome it?

Use it for a little of everything, 447.8 hours, polished bronze fins and strut, repolished OJ S/S 4 blade 13X13 and repolished MasterCraft by Design S/S rudder.

NatesGr8
12-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Tags here in CT, got em on both boat trailers and both jet ski trailers. The DEP is tight around here, the've been known to ticket empty trailers at the boat ramp, while the unsuspecting owners are out on the water. Talk about a nice surprise when you get back to the ramp huh :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
12-20-2006, 11:38 AM

Since I got on here with our new computer Jan. 9, I've let some of the tricks out but, anything specific you have questions about just hollar, that's one of the reasons I'm here, just sharing the love for MasterCraft Boats.

BriEOD
12-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Don't feed his ego.
I'm stating facts.

JohnnyB
12-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Since I got on here with our new computer Jan. 9, I've let some of the tricks out but, anything specific you have questions about just hollar, that's one of the reasons I'm here, just sharing the love for MasterCraft Boats.

How 'bout a step-by-step detailing primer.....I'm sure eastie would put it on the FAQ page which would put your name up in site infamy.....share the knowledge :cool:

Leroy
12-27-2006, 08:32 PM
I didn't remember and in their system change over they quit sending the mail renewal notice. I was shocked they were so nice, certainly not the norm as we both know!

Leroy, Who do you know at the BMV? I have to pay every year

TMCNo1
12-27-2006, 09:03 PM
How 'bout a step-by-step detailing primer.....I'm sure eastie would put it on the FAQ page which would put your name up in site infamy.....share the knowledge :cool:
OK, for a start,
-Keep it clean, I use Dawn Dishwashing Detergent.
-Keep it waxed, EVERYTHING, wheels, trailer, boat, van, I use Meguiers #16 or pure Carnuba paste wax once a year during the winter and take it off before it dries, doing a decent section at a time.
-Motel bath and hand towels for drying and waxing.
-Keep protectant on all vinyl, rubrail, tires, black plastics, I use Armor-All and or 303, apply with cheap tube socks on the hand.
-Pledge furniture polish on the black fiberglass dash section and bilge, applied with a tube sock on the hand and buffed with a soft towel.
-I polish S/S and Bronze/Nibral parts with Tarnite or Blue Magic Metal Polish. Any serious buffing of metals are done with a buffer pad on a cordless drill, then by hand.
-Starbrite Teal Oil Sealer/Preserver (White Bottle) on the platform after sanding w/ 2000 WetorDry sandpaper.
-California Car Duster to keep the dust off.
- Black & Decker Dustbuster to vacuum and cheap tape sticky side out to remove lint that dustbuster won't get.
- Advance Auto Parts Clear Vision window cleaner everytime boat is used and some in between.
-Love, Love, Love, and more Love.
-Use your imagination and don't be afraid to experiment. Beat someone else to it. It's always in the details. As with the Boat Owner Reunions, don't plan on doing what you think what someone will do next year, think about what they will do year after next and do it this year and you will be 1 step ahead of them every year and that also goes for maintenance too.........................If you think it might need doing, but you really don't want to do it, do it anyway, do it better than anyone can, with better materials than everyone else, with twice the enthusium and twice as often!!!!!!!!