PDA

View Full Version : "The Truth" Premier In Madison, WI

No Skeez
12-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey Everyone -

Looking for something to do this Thursday night? We are having a premier party on Thursday December 21st for the release of LF's newest film The Truth. Justin Stephens camera mastery really shines in "The Truth", with the added benefits from a high speed camera, capturing almost 10 times as many frames per second as a standard camera. This gives some unreal slow motion sequences, and improves the overall clarity. The movie will start around 7 pm, with snacks and beverages provided. Special Event pricing on all in stock '07 LF Product. Everyone in attendance will be entered into a drawing, with one lucky rider taking home their own FREE copy of The Truth! Call or email with any questions!

Brian Bartz
Redline Watersports
4805 Voges Road
Madison, WI 53718
608-838-0838
brianb@redlinewatersports.com

shepherd
12-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Sounds like a great event!

I'd probably go if it wasn't 1,000 miles away :(

dapicatti
12-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Sounds great....to far away to attend but am glad it's finally out!

SteveO
12-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Saw it in Dallas about a month ago. Great video and a good way to help you get through the winter

roddydog
12-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Sounds like a great event!

I'd probably go if it wasn't 1,000 miles away :(
What he said.:(

Ric
12-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey Everyone -

Looking for something to do this Thursday night? We are having a premier party on Thursday December 21st for the release of LF's newest film The Truth. Justin Stephens camera mastery really shines in "The Truth", with the added benefits from a high speed camera, capturing almost 10 times as many frames per second as a standard camera. This gives some unreal slow motion sequences, and improves the overall clarity. The movie will start around 7 pm, with snacks and beverages provided. Special Event pricing on all in stock '07 LF Product. Everyone in attendance will be entered into a drawing, with one lucky rider taking home their own FREE copy of The Truth! Call or email with any questions!

Brian Bartz
Redline Watersports
4805 Voges Road
Madison, WI 53718
608-838-0838

what is it? am I a haole for simply asking? :o never heard of it

Ric
12-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey Everyone -

Brian Bartz
Redline Watersports
4805 Voges Road
Madison, WI 53718
608-838-0838

dapicatti
12-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Doesn't feature any water skiers.......just wakeboarding!

Monte
12-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Don't worry, I don't know what it is either... That should offer no consolation:(

No Skeez
12-21-2006, 10:21 AM
The Truth is Liquid Force Wakeboards newest team video, just released on Monday. It features some amazing riding, and as posted earlier, is a great way to help get through the long winter. Stop into your local wakeboard shop and see it for yourself! You'll be glad you did!

JimN
12-21-2006, 10:44 AM
"am I a haole for simply asking?"

Ric- isn't 'haole' Hawaiian slang or did you just reverse a couple of letters?

Ric
12-21-2006, 10:46 AM
"am I a haole for simply asking?"

Ric- isn't 'haole' Hawaiian slang or did you just reverse a couple of letters? yes, you are correct jim and I found it fitting since I didnt know what LF was or the truth etc. ya?

JimN
12-21-2006, 11:32 AM
You calling me a round-eye, brudda? It's da kine.

You know what they call the Hawaiian fish with the really long name?

BriEOD
12-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Huma Huma Nuka Nuka Apua'

I used to see them all the time. I spent 4 years on the islands.

If a local called you a haole (How-Lee) it was not a good thing. It means outsider/foreigner in Hawaiian. However, in slang it is about as offensive as calling a black person the "n" word.

JimN
12-21-2006, 11:27 PM
"Huma Huma Nuka Nuka Apua'a"

My brother said the locals call them 'Da kine'.

My brother lived on Kona for couple of years and he told me about that. I went back with him after he was home for Christmas one year and there was a really bad T storm, with power out all over the island, except where we were staying. Found out that three people were washed into the ocean that night. The next night, we went down to the Kona Hilton and watched the manta ray feeding- they had underwater lights in the bay. Very cool. This was a year or two before Kilauea erupted, so '80, '81 or '82.

Some of them definitely don't like outsiders.

How did you like the "Palmetto bugs"? I heard a few cruising down the sidewalk and someone turned the lights on- They had a TV and a microwave on their backs.

True story!

BriEOD
12-22-2006, 09:16 AM
It was a beautiful place to live. We were on Oahu. However, we visited the big island, Maui and Kauai (our favorite BTW!).

The Da Kine thing cracked me up. Da Kine means anything. "Hey brudda pass me da' kine." Your like what?

I'm not sure about the palmetto bugs. We did do a lot of diving there. I never saw the mantas. From what I understand, they are only around the Big Island for some reason.

JimN
12-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Palmetto bugs are just really big horkin' cockroaches. I think I saw one with a saddle on it. It's Da Kine!

Hey brudda, you want some Spam?