PDA

View Full Version : New West Coast Slalom Video out!

Brent
12-19-2006, 08:24 AM
www.marcusbrown.net/

BrianM
12-19-2006, 09:53 AM
$59.95 Ouch! That is the most expensive waterski DVD I have ever seen. I am sure it is great but will wait for a slightly used copy to pick up on Ebay or Amazon.

Sodar
12-19-2006, 10:54 AM
$59.95 Ouch! That is the most expensive waterski DVD I have ever seen. I am sure it is great but will wait for a slightly used copy to pick up on Ebay or Amazon.

Have you had luck find any used stuff on eBay, Half or Amazon? I want to start a collection, but do not want to pay the $40 price tag for all of them!!

rodltg2
12-19-2006, 12:07 PM
im sure its expensive since the market is so small and the cost to produce is high. i dont know if i should be attempting a whole new style since im still just learning the regular style.

beef
12-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Jeez, 60 bucks is a pretty cheap ski lesson. I don't consider my style (if you can call it that) Left Coast, but I think there's enough common elements in all slalom styles. The rules of physics don't change from one skier to the next. I'll ask Santa for a copy!

Ryan
12-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Wow! Watch the video clips. If they are all content from the DVD I'm really surprised at the low budget evidence. The dialogue is great, but, Marcus could've really used a wireless mic or boom mic, and some lights at the dock. I'll definitely wait for Ebay on this one.

Brent
12-19-2006, 09:13 PM
The Video on Marcus's site is not from the DVD, it has been on there for awhile !I don't know about you guy's ,but I'll buy it to keep my mojo happy!

kpickett
12-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I went and bought a copy from Mike Suyderhoud today. It's a great video - well worth 60 bucks. It's really the only instructional video out there. I can't get much learning out of the Drew Ross or Mapple videos. This actually breaks things down and the computer models show body position really clearly. Mike told me he's been working on the video nonstop for the last six months. He'll never recoup the costs of making it - so I encourage you to buy it. He's splitting half the profits with Marcus and Terry, too.

The footage isn't as high quality as Edged in Water, but it is two hours long, and it's in widescreen.

Ryan
12-19-2006, 11:46 PM
The Video on Marcus's site is not from the DVD, it has been on there for awhile !I don't know about you guy's ,but I'll buy it to keep my mojo happy!

That's good to hear. Let us know what you think of it if you go ahead and order.

Brent
12-21-2006, 06:29 AM
I just ordered a copy. I'll give a review on it after getting my copy & watching a few times!

Ric
12-21-2006, 10:44 AM
i dont know if i should be attempting a whole new style since im still just learning the regular style. That is my one reservation as well:o

André
12-21-2006, 10:56 AM
That is my one reservation as well:o
Could it be worst?;)
I think one should watch it and try to adapt some things to his skiing style.Just don't go throw out what you're already doing good.The one part i like about west coast style is the pulling\low hips\bend knees\open shoulders position that creates a lot of acceleration...
Too bad i don't know what to do with all that speed.:o

kpickett
12-21-2006, 12:40 PM
The video is great. I've been through it twice now. It's the best instructional dvd out there. Mike talks through the body positions and demonstrates them on land, then you see amazing clips of Marcus and Terry doing what Mike describes. Then he shows it to you with a computer model. There are great simultaneous camera views of ski runs.

One thing that's kind of amazing - I used to see Mike Suyderhoud ski when I was a kid. He's a huge guy, and when he used to ski old school, it threw the biggest wall of spray I've ever seen. Now he's skiing new school, and he's so much smoother and it looks like 90% less effort than before.

Ric
12-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Could it be worst?;)
I think one should watch it and try to adapt some things to his skiing style.Just don't go throw out what you're already doing good.The one part i like about west coast style is the pulling\low hips\bend knees\open shoulders position that creates a lot of acceleration...
Too bad i don't know what to do with all that speed.:o if you saw my first couple of sets on the monza you would say by gawd ric's skiing can get worse!!!:o

Brent
12-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I ordered the DVD 2 day's ago & got it today. I've watched about half of it & am not disappointed , lots to be gleaned from this ! The film quality is fine , but not amazing like edged in water. This DVD is instructional & delivers in a big way 2 thumbs up!

VTJC
03-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Any other reviews? http://www.westcoastslalom.com/

André
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Any other reviews? http://www.westcoastslalom.com/
Watched Brent's DVD and i got to say that is one good teaching video.
The animated part is well done and the split screens helps you understand better!
Great video!Marcus's style is very unique!
2 thumbs up!

shepherd
05-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Anybody else have a review of the video? Looks like three thumbs up so far. Any negative reviews?

Are there any other - better and/or cheaper - instructional DVDs out there?

BuoyChaser
05-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I ordered the DVD 2 day's ago & got it today. I've watched about half of it & am not disappointed , lots to be gleaned from this ! The film quality is fine , but not amazing like edged in water. This DVD is instructional & delivers in a big way 2 thumbs up!
Where did you order from to get it in two days, that was fast!!!

Brent
05-25-2007, 10:24 PM
From Marcus Brown!Thats Southern California to Montreal, I was impressed.

JohnE
05-27-2007, 09:18 AM
I bought it and thought it was a great video. I'm not a great skier, so for some of you who are, I don't know if it will help you as much as I feel it's helping me. It came in about 4 days, I ordered it from the west coast slalom website.

Thanks to Brent for the OP, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.

pq2
05-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Great DVD, Im starting step by step with it. Its hard to learn something new.