http://bierbower.net/diytower/pdfs/brian%20nations%20wakeboard%20tower.pdf

Stuart

stuie
12-18-2006, 04:51 AM
Here's another one:D

Stuart

michael freeman
12-18-2006, 08:30 AM
The first one looks like a good way to get someone hurt. Second doesn't look that much stronger.

I guess someone has to step up so we can read the Darwin Award stories.

Mikey
12-18-2006, 09:09 AM
That wood one is a classic. I love it! :cool:

Jerseydave
12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I think he just doubled the value of that bayliner in post #1 :)

JohnnyB
12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Like the wooden one on the yellow try hull. Those guys look like they're all about putting the $$ into their equipment, not into the boat. We'll laugh until one of them makes the tour......

88 PS190
12-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Dunno why people bother building crap towers, they're probably complete goon riders anyway.

Have to learn to ride before you need a tower and ballast.

Sodar
12-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Wow, thanks guys I have been looking for some plans for a tower!!!! I think I am going to powder coat mine though... I do not really like the galvanized look!! I agree though, be filling the fuel tank in that bayliner and adding the tower, the value has been tripled!!:D ;) :D

dmayer84
12-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Wouldnt want to be in the boat if that wood rots and some one pulls real hard on it.:eek3:

Sodar
12-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Won't rot... its pressure treated!! :) :D :D :)

trickskier
12-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Looks more like a rifle rack!!!! :uglyhamme

Mikey
12-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Dunno why people bother building crap towers, they're probably complete goon riders anyway.

Have to learn to ride before you need a tower and ballast.

Maybe they dont have as much money as you and enjoy the sport anyways. Sometimes you gotta do what you can with what you got. :twocents:

Also how do you know what their riding ability is just by looking at a picture? :rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
12-18-2006, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=SodarSki73]Won't rot... its pressure treated!! :) :D :QUOTE]

Good eye there sodar, get a look at that sweet mainline. :rolleyes:

Sodar
12-18-2006, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=SodarSki73]Won't rot... its pressure treated!! :) :D :QUOTE]

Good eye there sodar, get a look at that sweet mainline. :rolleyes:

Mainline is definitely a nice one...

To each his own... just be fortunate for what we all have!!

loeweb
12-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Gotta give him/her credit for two things.

1. figuring out how to make a tower out of plumbing parts and

2. taking pictures, and time to describe the process so other yeahwhos can follow suit

The one in post one looks like someone got confused when they were putting together their picnic table/ kids swing.

michael freeman
12-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Gotta give him/her credit for two things.

1. figuring out how to make a tower out of plumbing parts and

2. taking pictures, and time to describe the process so other yeahwhos can follow suit

The one in post one looks like someone got confused when they were putting together their picnic table/ kids swing.

Not sure how strong the set up is, but wouldn't want to be the person sitting in the boat if something broke and a piece of pipe gets stuck in the side of my head or even if it just hits me going by.

I would hate to see someone get hurt or killed because they wanted to save a few hundred bucks and followed this persons instructions.

Just my $0.02

83MC
12-18-2006, 08:49 PM
You have got to be kidding.....shake rattle and role baby...

michael freeman
12-19-2006, 10:53 AM
You have got to be kidding.....shake rattle and role baby...

Nope, Iím not kidding. The design looks questionable. Those joints are not designed to take those stresses. They might hold, they might not. It isnít worth the life of my friends or my dog that could be hit by a broken tower.

If you want to build it and take your kids out in that boat, that is your call.

I believe in buying the right equipment for the job. If you want to build some kind of homemade tower, drop the $100 on a Mig welder or pay someone to bend and weld up your design. Who knows if it is a good design put it on the market. Building one out of plumbing pipe is just moronic.

PaulW
12-19-2006, 12:57 PM
They probably don't have any money, but still want to wakeboard. You got to give it to them on being creative. I remember one of the guys telling me, that runs a marina now, that in the early years they put garbage cans full of water in the boat for ballast. You do what you got to do sometimes to make it happen.
I think the treated wood looks like it could be safe, coming from a guy that has been in construction his entire life.
I got to agree, be thankful for what you have.