PDA

View Full Version : Transmission oil cooler - Ford

JKTX21
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
I was in such a hurry to get out on the water Saturday, I ran over a parking lot pole and in the process ripped out the transmission oil cooler on my Expedition.

I ended up just bypassing the lines for the trans. oil cooler to get me back on the road. It's going to be a few days until I can get a replacement, is this part an add-on for Ford towing package? Any suggestions, i.e. I shouldn't run my truck at all with out the cooler, or will I be okay for a few days? Thanks.

TMCNo1
12-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I was in such a hurry to get out on the water Saturday, I ran over a parking lot pole and in the process ripped out the transmission oil cooler on my Expedition.

I ended up just bypassing the lines for the trans. oil cooler to get me back on the road. It's going to be a few days until I can get a replacement, is this part an add-on for Ford towing package? Any suggestions, i.e. I shouldn't run my truck at all with out the cooler, or will I be okay for a few days? Thanks.

In most cases, a transmission oil cooler is part of the towing packages on vehicles. It should be OK to use it for your daily use, but don't tow or haul any heavy loads with it till it is repaired/replaced.