PDA

View Full Version : Real or Artificial Christmas Tree?

suedv
12-17-2006, 07:09 PM
My house is full of real plants (my inside garden), but when it comes to the tree its fake all the way. No mess and needles to clean up. So what kind of tree do you have in your house?

JohnnyB
12-17-2006, 07:16 PM
18 foot ceiling allows us a very large real tree. Most years I get a 16-17ft tree. This year I settled for about a 12-13 footer......

Cut them at a local tree farm for $20 a tree. I usually tip them $1/foot above 10 feet as I feel guilty taking these monster trees every year.

JohnnyB
12-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Reading "real or artificial" caused my mind to go somewhere very far away from Christmas trees........:D

Anybody listen to Bob and Tom and the "Real or Not Real" game show bit?????

atlfootr
12-17-2006, 07:55 PM
We did the real thing, even hit it w/ a can of fake snow for a real life like winter effect!

WTRSK1R
12-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Real all the way. The look, and the pine tree smell more then make up for the extra effort of the needles, especially if the tree is fresh.

Leroy
12-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Artificial for us. Much easier and looks nice. We did live trees for years but have been artificial for last 6 years or so.

T Scott
12-17-2006, 08:18 PM
9 foot artificial for us. Came pre-lit and evertything. Looks good with little effort and virtually no mess.

Chief
12-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Fakie, here's why: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/31750/tree_fire/

dapicatti
12-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Real tree all the way. We put up 2 real trees every year, the smell is totally what makes it worth it. That and the opportunity for the cat to climb the tree once a year.

TMCNo1
12-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Reading "real or artificial" caused my mind to go somewhere very far away from Christmas trees........:D

Anybody listen to Bob and Tom and the "Real or Not Real" game show bit?????

I agree, the Home Page shows "Real or artificial".........,
reminded me of my last trip to the mall. Saw a very attractive woman with a top on that said, "Guess". I walked up to and said, "Implants"? She slapped me, right in front of the big artificial tree at center court!

Chief
12-17-2006, 10:35 PM
reminded me of my last trip to the mall. Saw a very attractive woman with a top on that said, "Guess". I walked up to and said, "Implants"? She slapped me, right in front of the big artificial tree at center court!

Now that's funny! :)

east tx skier
12-17-2006, 10:36 PM
I insisted for years on a real tree. One year, my wife found a Christmas store that was going out of business and bought a really nice fake tree off them for 75% off. Greatest thing ever. Comes down from the attic in 5 minutes. Assembled in 5 minutes. Already lighted.

milkmania
12-17-2006, 11:00 PM
I insisted for years on a real tree. One year, my wife found a Christmas store that was going out of business and bought a really nice fake tree off them for 75% off. Greatest thing ever. Comes down from the attic in 5 minutes. Assembled in 5 minutes. Already lighted.

I always insisted on a real tree also..........

till it burnt my house down!

been fake ever since.1999/2000

the kids get a kick out of adding or removing the lights by "spinning" the fake tree.....that's the best part

123src
12-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Real all the way. You just can't beat the smell in the house.$5 permit lets me take my pick of nobles in the forest. Supposed to be less than 12 feet, but I always forget my tape measure. Plus they always looks smaller on the side of a hill. I usually average 15 foot. They're not as full as lot manicured trees, but the experience of getting it is well worth it.

chudson
12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
My sister-inlaw is alergic to the pine scent, we put up a real tree and spray it with glade pine scent. Just kiddin about the glade, but we do put up a real tree.

Any suggestions on care of a real tree, last I heard was luke warm water in the pan.

JohnnyB
12-18-2006, 09:32 AM
We did the real thing, even hit it w/ a can of fake snow for a real life like winter effect!

Hey Rob, have you ever seen actual snow on a pine tree???

OK, I'm just jealous cuz all our lakes are froze and yours are very skiable yet :D

JohnnyB
12-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Fakie, here's why: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/31750/tree_fire/

Got this clip in an e-mail along with a concoction to soak your tree in for a few days before putting it up which renders it reasonably flame proof. Will try soaking my tree in this next year....then, in January, when I torch it in my fire pit, I'll see how good it really is.....

This year if the tree catches fire, its time to leave in a hurry....there's no way you'd put that out...way too hot.

JohnnyB
12-18-2006, 09:43 AM

You're my idle.....any chance there was a security camera that captured that......would be precious video footage :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I never put up a tree. Ms. UMP put one up though. She wanted one, so I went along with it. She wanted me to put up a bunch of lights and decorations inside and outside the house. I told her, Negative Ghostrider! I am not climbing ladders in the middle of winter to put up $3.00 lights made in some sweat shop in Sri Lanka that dont work.

bcampbe7
12-18-2006, 10:59 AM
I never put up a tree. Ms. UMP put one up though. She wanted one, so I went along with it. She wanted me to put up a bunch of lights and decorations inside and outside the house. I told her, Negative Ghostrider! I am not climbing ladders in the middle of winter to put up $3.00 lights made in some sweat shop in Sri Lanka that dont work.

Scrooge, is that you???

RexDog1
12-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Real Christmas tree
When I get a chance to kill a tree, I go for it!!!!!:cool:

12-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Scrooge, is that you???
that would be me.:cool:

pq2
12-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Im leaving the house were im living, and i will pass christmas with my GF mother in miami. Thats why i didnt put any tree.

milkmania
12-18-2006, 08:02 PM

man.....
this is how it all starts

and to think you're still in denial:rolleyes:

12-18-2006, 08:34 PM
man.....
this is how it all starts

and to think you're still in denial:rolleyes:
I am not a lost cause yet Milk, there is still hope!:)

milkmania
12-18-2006, 08:39 PM
I am not a lost cause yet Milk, there is still hope!:)

yeah, yeah, yeah.....

wait until she hits you with the P in PW...
or holds it out:rolleyes:

you're toast man8p

Workin' 4 Toys
12-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Artificial in my house.

We usually have a fire at someones house to burn all our friends' that get real trees. And in that 0.1 seconds it takes for the tree to be completely torched, its a site to see and I NEVER want to see that happen in my house...:eek3: :firejump:

suedv
12-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Artificial in my house.

We usually have a fire at someones house to burn all our friends' that get real trees. And in that 0.1 seconds it takes for the tree to be completely torched, its a site to see and I NEVER want to see that happen in my house...:eek3: :firejump:

Can't resist playing with this one. 8p I don't want to be your friend, especially if I get a real tree. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
12-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Can't resist playing with this one. 8p I don't want to be your friend, especially if I get a real tree. :D
Opppppss.....:o ....;) .....LOL....Should have proof read my post first with you around...

suedv
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Thats OK, we can still be friends. :)

Workin' 4 Toys
12-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Thats OK, we can still be friends. :)
If you need your artificial burnt, I'm the one to go to then....:D I'd be willing to burn my friends with artificials too....

jbfootin
12-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Artificial...It's just too damn easy, as long as you can store it without taking it apart!

trickskier
12-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Real tree is the ONLY way to go.

jbfootin
12-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Shrink rap works great to pull it together and keep it from getting dusty:)