PDA

View Full Version : Rubrail help?

shepherd
12-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Can anybody out there tell me who the manufacturer is and model no. of the rubber rubrail insert on the 1990 PS190? I believe the manufacturer may be Taco. My local marine store special-ordered one from them based on the old one I brought in, but it's too small! :mad:

I just need the insert, I don't want to replace the aluminum rail.

TMCNo1
12-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Can anybody out there tell me who the manufacturer is and model no. of the rubber rubrail insert on the 1990 PS190? I believe the manufacturer may be Taco. My local marine store special-ordered one from them based on the old one I brought in, but it's too small! :mad:

I just need the insert, I don't want to replace the aluminum rail.

Since you are going to replace it anyway, take off the transom splice plate and cut off a 1/2" piece of the insert and trace it for your records and make copies for inquiries and send the tracing and or the piece to whoever to match up.
Someone posted on here a company who supplies all kinds including your kind, try a search in the threads for it!

H20skeefreek
12-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Go to www.tacometals.com (http://www.tacometals.com) and click on the handy hank link. You can call Hank, and he'll be able to tell you.

edit: Just call him at 800-653-8567 Hank will answer. They are open m-f 8-5, I don't remember what time zone.

shepherd
12-17-2006, 08:26 AM
Since you are going to replace it anyway, take off the transom splice plate and cut off a 1/2" piece of the insert and trace it for your records and make copies for inquiries and send the tracing and or the piece to whoever to match up.
Someone posted on here a company who supplies all kinds including your kind, try a search in the threads for it!

Good idea on the tracing. I actually brought a piece of the old one to the store. The guy there just looked at it, looked in his catalog, and said "this is the one you need" and ordered it for me. I should have been more skeptical.

I'll call Hank at Taco and maybe send him a tracing. Thanks Freek!

JohnnyB
12-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Got my rub-rail for my 92 PS190 from Jim@BAWS (Bay Area Watersports, Tampa, FL). You could PM him from the site here.

I often call him and get parts in the mail as he is much more responsive and customer service oriented than my local dealer. His prices compete well and I'm willing to pay for the shipping because of their great service.

TMCNo1
12-17-2006, 10:59 AM
I forgot about Jim@ BAWS, Chicago MasterCraft (Eric), Mike @ MYMC, Rambo Marine, among others who are willing to persue your needs and get you what you want, sorry!