PDA

View Full Version : Free Water Ski Mag -- Hey Farmer!

east tx skier
12-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Farmer, do you have the hookup for the free water ski mag subscription this year. Mine apparently carried over to 2007 and the Boat Buyer's Guide is terrible. I'm really not encouraged to pay for it this year and was hoping you could post the link for the freebie again. I tried the one you posted last year, but they're only giving away Swiffers.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Its not as good as free but if you do an ebay search for waterski magazine, you'll usually find several listings. I got one a while ago to renew mine for 3 years and I think it was around $10.

east tx skier
12-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks. I saw those, but after this year's BBG, I'm not buying the cow. :)

Farmer Ted
12-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Doug,

I haven't seen the offer yet, I think it usually comes out around this time of year though.

Here's a few links for the digital version though...

Get WaterSki (digital edition) for FREE!
http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/10131 - dead
http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/10174
http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/10175
http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/10176

Leroy
12-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Isn't this the digital/on line version? Does that load in any nasty reader software that spys on you?

Farmer Ted
12-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Isn't this the digital/on line version? Does that load in any nasty reader software that spys on you?

Probably, I signed up for it not realizing that I had to download the "reader" so I stopped downloading it.

JohnnyB
12-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey Farmer, do you have the hookup for the free water ski mag subscription this year. Mine apparently carried over to 2007 and the Boat Buyer's Guide is terrible. I'm really not encouraged to pay for it this year and was hoping you could post the link for the freebie again. I tried the one you posted last year, but they're only giving away Swiffers.

When did your 2007 Boat Buyer's guide arrive????

atlfootr
12-20-2006, 09:45 PM
When did your 2007 Boat Buyer's guide arrive????Mine, came TODAY!

I jus' wish that the regular issues where as thick as this one is and that it was loaded w/ as much info. regarding barefoot coverage as it does boat buying guidance.

I know, dream on ... :rolleyes:

JohnnyB
12-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Mine, came TODAY!

I jus' wish that the regular issues where as thick as this one is and that it was loaded w/ as much info. regarding barefoot coverage as it does boat buying guidance.

I know, dream on ... :rolleyes:

Tiffany and Mallery Bacon tried to launch a magazine called Barefooter last spring....for my $20 I got the inaugural issue (Ron Scarpa on the cover) and one electronic issue and then it disappeared. I was really hoping the magazine would succeed!!!!

Since the inaugural issue is the only printed issue, I'd like to get it autographed by Ron and frame it for my rec room.....

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Tiffany and Mallery Bacon tried to launch a magazine called Barefooter last spring....for my $20 I got the inaugural issue (Ron Scarpa on the cover) and one electronic issue and then it disappeared. I was really hoping the magazine would succeed!!!!

Since the inaugural issue is the only printed issue, I'd like to get it autographed by Ron and frame it for my rec room.....

You came out better than I did......for my $20 I got nothing but a paypal reciept:mad:

JohnnyB
12-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Finally got the Waterski Boat Buyer's guide today.....

I leafed through it breifly and am very disappointed. It is more lame than last year!!!

1st thay took away ratings for footing wakes (several years ago). Now they've taken away the wake profile....its basically a writeup of specs and MSRPs.....I think i could get that off the web.

There is no real test or review that I can tell.....

atlfootr
12-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Tiffany and Mallory Bacon tried to launch a magazine called Barefooter last spring....for my $20 I got the inaugural issue (Ron Scarpa on the cover) and one electronic issue and then it disappeared.
You came out better than I did......for my $20 I got nothing but a paypal reciept:mad:YOU BOTH came out ahead of me, for my $20 bucks that I payed to her @ Nationals this year ----
I GOT ZIPPO, NADA, NOTHING --- NOT A DAMN THING! :rant:

I think I'm gonna call her and inquire as to Y that is :o

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-28-2006, 01:44 PM
YOU BOTH came out ahead of me.....
I think I'm gonna call her and inquire as to Y that is :o

Let me know if you find anything out....

JohnnyB
12-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Let me know if you find anything out....

Called her months ago....right after the 2nd issue showed up in electronic format. Tiffany had problems with sponsors/advertisers paying and couldn't front the money to the publisher to pay for the run of magazines. If memory serves me correctly, Tiffany had some medical issues around that same time and couldn't juggle all of it. Pretty sure the whole idea of the magazine came to a halt at that point...too bad.

east tx skier
02-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Anyone know anything about the free WSM yet?

/bump

Ryan
02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I got my freebie last year through FreeBizMag.com (http://www.freebizmag.com/welcome.asp?FBMVisitId=3677224676&papc=zdmcirc0001). They cycle through the offerings, and what you're offered depends on your industry. I still haven't received my BBG that Sodar got the week before Christmas. I guess when it's free it's hard to complain much.

Looking at the Wakeboard BBG at Barnes&Noble the other day, it appears the mags are using manufacturers images. Also, it seems they did not even test the boats - at least not in the manner they have in years past where they are obviously testing many mfg boats back to back in the same location. I miss the good videos they used to do up to 2004 and especially seeing editors do doughnuts in the 19Skier in the 2002 vid.

ski_king
06-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Here is a link (http://a388.g.akamai.net/7/388/1603/0001/www.freebizmag.com/emailwaterski03welcome.htm) to get Waterski Magazine for free.