PDA

View Full Version : borat-the movie

sizzler
12-15-2006, 10:24 AM
chaps.....i saw this the other week.....have any of you seen it ......and if so ...what did you think of it????

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

dmayer84
12-15-2006, 10:28 AM
I have seen the movie twice now and I laughed my a** off both times. I'm Jewish as well and I didn't take any offense to any of the jokes in it. I also heard that it was just nominated for best comedy of the year. I hope that it wins.

sizzler
12-15-2006, 10:31 AM
my thoughts exactly......

atlfootr
12-15-2006, 10:35 AM
nope, haven't seen it :noface:

sizzler
12-15-2006, 10:54 AM
its one of the funniest movies i have ever seen....the part where he is wrestling nude with his manager is a classic

Ric
12-15-2006, 11:02 AM
is it funnier than old school? I pretty much compare all modern comedies to that new benchmark.

dmayer84
12-15-2006, 11:02 AM
This is one movie that I reccoemend for people to go see. It is a great way to sit back and from the outside view society and laugh.

dmayer84
12-15-2006, 11:03 AM
is it funnier than old school? I pretty much compare all modern comedies to that new benchmark.

I would have to say its about as equally as funny and Old School Dos is in the works.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477054/

Ric
12-15-2006, 11:05 AM
I would have to say its about as equally as funny and Old School Dos is in the works.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477054/ oh no, dos???? bad idea :noface: sure to let me down...

#47of100TeamMC
12-15-2006, 11:18 AM
This movie was a mix of emotions for me. Yeah I laughed at most of the scenes. But there were times when I was soo embarassed to be sitting in the theatre that I actually looked around to hopefully not see anyone who knew who I was, and knew that I was there.

Anyone who is thinking about going to see it... Just know this, You will laugh, you will be insulted, you will be embarassed, you will wonder why you wasted 8$ to see it... If this movie wins best comedy... I can't even express how pathetic that would be.

shepherd
12-15-2006, 11:30 AM
I've seen the Borat thing on Da Ali G Show a few times. Pretty funny stuff, but I'm not sure I'd pay $8 to see in the theater. Is it basically the same thing as Da Ali G show stuff?

LakePirate
12-15-2006, 01:40 PM
I've seen the Borat thing on Da Ali G Show a few times. Pretty funny stuff, but I'm not sure I'd pay $8 to see in the theater. Is it basically the same thing as Da Ali G show stuff?

Not even in the same ball park as his stuff for Da Ali G show.

Go see it in the movies. I don't know if some of this has worn off as it has been out for a while but the expressions on people's faces is to much. I loved sitting in the theatre and knowing that some of the people in there have no idea what they are in for.

André
05-07-2007, 05:34 PM
its one of the funniest movies i have ever seen....the part where he is wrestling nude with his manager is a classic
Got to see the naked fighting part this week end.
Soooooooooooo funny!:D

BrianM
05-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Just watched it last night. I thought it had NO redeaming qualities. I don't mind crude humor or insulting jokes but this wasn't even funny to me. Best part of the whole movie to me was the Pentacostal (sp?) church service. That scene got a couple of chuckles. Besides that it was a waste of an hour and twenty minutes.

betsy&david Harrison
05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Just watched it last night. I thought it had NO redeaming qualities. I don't mind crude humor or insulting jokes but this wasn't even funny to me. Best part of the whole movie to me was the Pentacostal (sp?) church service. That scene got a couple of chuckles. Besides that it was a waste of an hour and twenty minutes.
BrianM you saw it the same as my husband. I sat right next to him and laughed so hard I was crying. Just an individuals funny bone I guess on this movie.

LakePirate
05-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Gypsy give me your tears.