PDA

View Full Version : 214 pics

corey
12-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Mmmmmmm check em out, not quite done-no engine box but very cool none the less
https://www.waterskis.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=83

BIGBADBLUE
12-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Looks cool from the outside. Still has the wrap around seating which is a no go for me.

sand2snow22
12-14-2006, 05:03 PM
The dashboard looks nice......

BIGBADBLUE
12-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Is this the same dash as in the 2007 197?

No rear ski storage. Should be interesting to see in person.

erkoehler
12-14-2006, 05:07 PM
not the same dash as the 197. Very similar to the CSX dash.

sand2snow22
12-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Hope it makes it to the Portland boat show in early January along with a CSX....

sanjuan23
12-14-2006, 05:14 PM
One month until our boat shows around DFW something tells me this boat will not be on display for personal inspection.

Kyle's_prostar205
12-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Nice boat! The wrap around seating will take a little bit to get used to but I can remember when the new X series graphics came out it took a while with those as well!

Diesel
12-14-2006, 05:34 PM
One month until our boat shows around DFW something tells me this boat will not be on display for personal inspection.

According to my dealer here in OK the 214 will only make a couple of "key" apperances and "key" does not include anything around us.

Ric
12-14-2006, 05:43 PM
One month until our boat shows around DFW something tells me this boat will not be on display for personal inspection. Houston Dealer thought he'd have one by show time ----brainfaaarrrt.... he was talking about the csx when he said that... nevermind.______

Ryan
12-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the windshield seems quite long. ICBW, but from this angle it looks problematic for using a boom...

Ryan
12-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Any of your dealers mention MSRP?

ski_king
12-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the windshield seems quite long. ICBW, but from this angle it looks problematic for using a boom...
I noticed the same thing. I guess I am spoiled, I like being able to pick up a ski out of the water without leaving the drivers seat.

ski_king
12-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Mmmmmmm check em out, not quite done-no engine box but very cool none the less
https://www.waterskis.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=83
Maybe the reason for no engine box is because there was no room for it after they designed that rear wrap around seat.
https://www.waterskis.com/EasyEditor/assets/214.jpg

sand2snow22
12-14-2006, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=ski_king]Maybe the reason for no engine box is because there was no room for it after they designed that rear wrap around seat.
[QUOTE]

Maybe it's the new muscle boat look? 8p

TMCNo1
12-14-2006, 07:19 PM
No motor cover means it's the new "Fresh Air Induction System" and how about that see thru swim platform, no more teak oil guys!

X-45
12-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Don't know if it is my age or what but I'm starting to like this fishing boat.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-14-2006, 11:40 PM
how about that see thru swim platform, no more teak oil guys!
I was wondering about that...Didn't see it either....huh..

Farmer Ted
12-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Waterski has a nice one page ad hyping the "dream boat"

worth the wait

blah blah blah

I keep checking Wakerworld for official release pictures as that's where the stuff usually shows up first.

The teaser pictures Corey posted are nice but hardly anything to get your knickers in a twist about.

I hope there's not a 2008 Retro kit for the 214 (shampoo included)

Ric
12-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Waterski has a nice one page ad hyping the "dream boat"

worth the wait

blah blah blah

I keep checking Wakerworld for official release pictures as that's where the stuff usually shows up first.

The teaser pictures Corey posted are nice but hardly anything to get your knickers in a twist about.

I hope there's not a 2008 Retro kit for the 214 (shampoo included) . OUCH .

Workin' 4 Toys
12-15-2006, 08:35 AM
What's up Erk, will we see this at one of the boat shows here soon...?

BIGBADBLUE
12-15-2006, 09:10 AM

My dealer and the MC rep told me the 214 was a 197 streched in the middle to give a skier more room. Now they have wrap around seating, no rear ski storage and a long windshield. hmmmm ... sounds more like a direct drive wake board boat.

I am not jumping to conclusions ... just a bit dissapointed.

Waketn
12-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Looks good.

JohnE
12-15-2006, 09:29 AM
I hate to admit it, but I kind of like the wrap around seating. Let the stoning begin.;)

Mikey
12-15-2006, 09:43 AM
I hate to admit it, but I kind of like the wrap around seating. Let the stoning begin.;)

Im with you on that one. What could possibly be wrong with more seating?:confused:

east tx skier
12-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Im with you on that one. What could possibly be wrong with more seating?:confused:

Less storage would be my concern. But I obviously haven't seen one up close to say that for sure.

H20skeefreek
12-15-2006, 09:51 AM
I agree. Make it in a close bow, call it the ProStar 200, offer stars and stripes graphics, and I'll buy one (in 2020) IF IT'S AWSA APPROVED. My hope is that the vinyl portion of the rear seat is removable (think SN 196/206) and as long as there is storage under all those seats, I think it's great.

Mikey
12-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Less storage would be my concern. But I obviously haven't seen one up close to say that for sure.

I guess I just dont carry that much stuff with me that storage would be an issue. Anything that I bring can be stuffed under the seats.

Ric
12-15-2006, 09:55 AM
What's up Erk, will we see this at one of the boat shows here soon...? erkle was fired

Sodar
12-15-2006, 09:59 AM
erkle was fired

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
:toast:

RobertT
12-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I am in a weird situation I guess. I would gladly give up storage. The only thing we ever have on the floor is skis, and that's because they wont fit in the tower racks. I would guess that this boat actually has an under the carpet ski locker, so that's not a problem.

As long as I could throw a few jackets and two fenders under a seat cushion, bring it on baby!

I dont have to bring out all the gear in the world, I can leave everything on the dock and stop by every five minutes if need be.

I like it, but its too long for my lake. Oh well.

Diesel
12-15-2006, 10:33 AM
No trunk sucks on the 214. It has to be the greatest single design development in DD boats. I can fit more in just the trunk of my 209 than I could in every compartment, nook, and cranny in my 205. Plus you can access everything from the back deck, add ballast, please the wife with a sun pad, take a seat, dry out vests, etc, etc, etc, ........................

Where do you put the cooler in the 214. The cooler is the single most important item in our boat. I have an igloo cube and it fits perfect just behind the drivers seat and holds a day's worth of samwiches and refreshments. I see no where in the 214 to put my cooler:(

Mikey
12-15-2006, 10:38 AM
No trunk sucks on the 214. It has to be the greatest single design development in DD boats. I can fit more in just the trunk of my 209 than I could in every compartment, nook, and cranny in my 205. Plus you can access everything from the back deck, add ballast, please the wife with a sun pad, take a seat, dry out vests, etc, etc, etc, ........................

Where do you put the cooler in the 214. The cooler is the single most important item in our boat. I have an igloo cube and it fits perfect just behind the drivers seat and holds a day's worth of samwiches and refreshments. I see no where in the 214 to put my cooler:(

I believe it has a built in cooler.

H20skeefreek
12-15-2006, 10:42 AM
..... please the wife with a sun pad....,

uh......I hope you have a private lake, or at least a verry private cove, and I hope you mean ON the sunpad, not with. Sorry, couldn't resist!

RobertT
12-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I may get banned for saying this (not like its the first time:)), but built in coolers are stupid. I never, ever, have used them. I bring a cooler down to my boat, and put it right behind my drivers seat. Perfect. I am not going to dump said cooler into a built in cooler, because I may jump into somebody else's boat, grab the cooler and throw it on the dock if we are sitting, throw it on the pontoon boat, etc.

Plus, in the extremely unlikely scenario that I didn't drink all the beer I would have to then take them out of the cooler and put them back into the other cooler which now has no ice.

Like I said, built in coolers do nothing for me. Unless they can make a hole perfect sized for a standard igloo cooler...keep it.

east tx skier
12-15-2006, 10:52 AM
I guess I just dont carry that much stuff with me that storage would be an issue. Anything that I bring can be stuffed under the seats.

Having an earlier 205, I can't get skis under the o-seat, nor behind the combing pads. Could get one in the in-floor locker, but it's wet down there. So behind the aisles are all I have. I know you can get a slalom under the o-seat in later 205s and in the side storage. I'm interested to see what the under o-seat storage in the 214 looks like.

east tx skier
12-15-2006, 10:53 AM
I would guess that this boat actually has an under the carpet ski locker, so that's not a problem.

Assuming it's watertight. If not, those lockers can get a little nasty.

east tx skier
12-15-2006, 10:56 AM
I may get banned for saying this (not like its the first time:)), but built in coolers are stupid. I never, ever, have used them. I bring a cooler down to my boat, and put it right behind my drivers seat. Perfect. I am not going to dump said cooler into a built in cooler, because I may jump into somebody else's boat, grab the cooler and throw it on the dock if we are sitting, throw it on the pontoon boat, etc.

Plus, in the extremely unlikely scenario that I didn't drink all the beer I would have to then take them out of the cooler and put them back into the other cooler which now has no ice.

Like I said, built in coolers do nothing for me. Unless they can make a hole perfect sized for a standard igloo cooler...keep it.

Another issue with the built in coolers (at least the older ones) is that they weren't well insulated (or insulated at all). You didn't have ice for long. In the 2nd generation 205s with the in floor cooler, you can get a small igloo in there perfectly. So they are good for that.

I suspect in the 214, that there is something cooler oriented under that wrapped seating or in the floor in front of the pylon.

RobertT
12-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Perhaps I am a drunk, but a cooler than only holds 6 beers is not a cooler, that's a koozie.

A proper cooler holds 12 bottles vertically plus 1.5" of ice over the top. This is a starting point for all endeavors, and must be considered the hard deck of beer stock. I prefer a bit more capacity as a safety factor.

Its inevitable, every time I put in three or four beers into a cooler for a quick hour cruise I end up with two extra neighbors in my boat and we are out of beer in under five minutes.

always.

One must be diligent to maintain cooler standards around here.

Diesel
12-15-2006, 11:35 AM
****, a proper cooler should hold a minimum of a 30 pack for a day's outing plus samwiches.:D

I agreee built in coolers are worthless. I used the one in my 209 once and it really pissed me off when my 4 bags of ice were gone half way through the day. Then when it's time to sit on the deck up at the house you realize all you beer is down in the boat cooking next to the engine. Plus you still have to have seperate cooler for all the samwiches and other chilled food. For us it's just not practical to use a built in cooler. So much easier and cheaper to use the igloo. My in floor cooler on the 209 is now the designated trash can. I slip a bag in there and all dead soldiers and samwich baggies go in the floor cooler.

Ric
12-15-2006, 11:37 AM
oh gosh golly I use my built in cooler

now in my 190 I used the floor box as a cooler, poorly insulated but held alotta stuff

now in the 197 the floor box is for trash and the cooler is for drinks

easily haul beers to and from the boat to the house in a soft cooler
I like it

Diesel
12-15-2006, 11:37 AM
uh......I hope you have a private lake, or at least a verry private cove, and I hope you mean ON the sunpad, not with. Sorry, couldn't resist!

..........yes with/on the sun pad.........both actually and the latter being another benefit I forgot about! But as long as the motor cover remains she/I will be happy in that regard. :)

east tx skier
12-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Perhaps I am a drunk, but a cooler than only holds 6 beers is not a cooler, that's a koozie.

A proper cooler holds 12 bottles vertically plus 1.5" of ice over the top. This is a starting point for all endeavors, and must be considered the hard deck of beer stock. I prefer a bit more capacity as a safety factor.

Its inevitable, every time I put in three or four beers into a cooler for a quick hour cruise I end up with two extra neighbors in my boat and we are out of beer in under five minutes.

always.

One must be diligent to maintain cooler standards around here.

That's why I use my ski locker as the cooler. :)

Diesel
12-15-2006, 12:46 PM
That's why I use my ski locker as the cooler. :)

Did that one 4th of July with my 205. I thought is was the best idea and could not believe the capacity. We must of had 4 cases of beer and a dozen bags of ice in that thing. All was well until the drain plug popped out and the remaining beer was coated with ATF that had blown out of the vent on the transmission and was in the bilge. After one guy got sick we threw out 3+ cases of slimy red beer.

Ryan
12-15-2006, 01:03 PM
First, I have wanted a trunk since I bought my boat.

However, I like the wrap around seating...though it's conditional on having a fast, cool way to open it all up with gas shocks, piano hinges, racks so the skis don't bang together and all. I like when boat builders build around useage, since I already store skis behind the driver's seat, I am fine with the notion of storing skis in the same spot on a new boat.

Hey, maybe this boat will have a large removable cooler like the X2. Seems like all the newer boats have them.

andy@midwestmastercraft
12-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Just a quick update guys. The dealers do not have pricing yet. I'm not sure which shows will get 214/X-14's. I know that I will get a X-14 in time for the Minneapolis Show Jan 17-19th. My first 214 is an X-14 and it is scheduled to finish 1/2/07. If Redline in Madison WI does not get one in time for their show they are going to borrow ours. Your local dealer will know by know if they will get a 214/X-14 for their show.

On the storage issue... Over 80% of the 209's sold were X-9's and several % of the 209's that were not X-9's had towers. MC decided to trade the trunk for some more room and seating in the back of the boat. You can see in the pictue of that there is a infloor cooler like most of the previous MC direct drives. I have been told that there is another cooler elsewhere. If a 214 gets ballast there will be three hard shell tanks under the floor which I assume will fill the ski locker area which you can see in the pictures. I am told that there is a ton of storage under the seat behind the driver. We really need a picture of the back of the boat! I'm working on that and hope to have something soon. Because of the vent locations and other design changes this boat should be rated for 12-14 passengers. It is not intended to replace the 197. The idea was to make a boat that both skied and wakeboarded better than the 209 and had a more family friendly interior. Since around 80% of MasterCraft's sales are V-Drives, they wanted a direct drive option that might appeal to a larger target audience than the old 209. Storage is always an issue but try and put skis in a Malibu XTI, Tige', or almost any other direct drive that has made an effort to allow for more passenger seating. It can't be done. With a tower you will be able to keep a combination of at least 6 skis & boards and more people than in the past. Plus the wakes are awesome. I can't wait to get one in!

Sodar
12-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Did that one 4th of July with my 205. I thought is was the best idea and could not believe the capacity. We must of had 4 cases of beer and a dozen bags of ice in that thing. All was well until the drain plug popped out and the remaining beer was coated with ATF that had blown out of the vent on the transmission and was in the bilge. After one guy got sick we threw out 3+ cases of slimy red beer.

I had the same thing happen to me! In my 190, the cooler is lower than the bilge, so when sitting at a stand still, or on the trailer.

sand2snow22
12-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Just a quick update guys. The dealers do not have pricing yet. I'm not sure which shows will get 214/X-14's. I know that I will get a X-14 in time for the Minneapolis Show Jan 17-19th. My first 214 is an X-14 and it is scheduled to finish 1/2/07. If Redline in Madison WI does not get one in time for their show they are going to borrow ours. Your local dealer will know by know if they will get a 214/X-14 for their show.

On the storage issue... Over 80% of the 209's sold were X-9's and several % of the 209's that were not X-9's had towers. MC decided to trade the trunk for some more room and seating in the back of the boat. You can see in the pictue of that there is a infloor cooler like most of the previous MC direct drives. I have been told that there is another cooler elsewhere. If a 214 gets ballast there will be three hard shell tanks under the floor which I assume will fill the ski locker area which you can see in the pictures. I am told that there is a ton of storage under the seat behind the driver. We really need a picture of the back of the boat! I'm working on that and hope to have something soon. Because of the vent locations and other design changes this boat should be rated for 12-14 passengers. It is not intended to replace the 197. The idea was to make a boat that both skied and wakeboarded better than the 209 and had a more family friendly interior. Since around 80% of MasterCraft's sales are V-Drives, they wanted a direct drive option that might appeal to a larger target audience than the old 209. Storage is always an issue but try and put skis in a Malibu XTI, Tige', or almost any other direct drive that has made an effort to allow for more passenger seating. It can't be done. With a tower you will be able to keep a combination of at least 6 skis & boards and more people than in the past. Plus the wakes are awesome. I can't wait to get one in!

Thanks for the update, welcome to the board, post more pics when you get them......

Diesel
12-15-2006, 02:04 PM
I guess I don't understand this one as well. :confused: MC decides to create a replacement for the 209 that has a much better wake for skiing, basicaly an oversized 197. By looking at the wake pics it looks like they have acheived thier goal in regards to ski-ability.

Now why in the world would you spend so much time and effort on the hull and then design an interior with wrap around seating that can hold 12-14 passengers? Where are you going to put 14 people when you hook the rope up to the pylon? To me it just does not make sense. Why would someone who is interested in wrap around seating buy the 214 over a V Drive? The person who buys this boat is buying for the excellent ski wake with the space to take the family along.

To me the interior ruins the entire boat. I have never wanted to put more than 10 people in my 209 and I can only imagine how cramped that boat would be with 14. How do you get into the boat when you pull up to the dock? Step on the seat? Wonder how long that will last given MCs history with cheap vinyl. I hope MC thought ahead to set the engine up to rotate the other way so you can pull up to the dock on the passenger side.:rolleyes:

sand2snow22
12-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Diesel, with 14 people in the boat, take the cheater fin off of the ski, attach the rope to the tower and jump the wake:)

There is a X9 on our lake and they do ski from the tower, I don't know why? Now that you've mentioned it, I've never looked at how many people they have in the boat? This could be the reason...

RobertT
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
I looked at the pics again. Not to bash...but I agree its just not reasonable for everyone. I hate to say it, and crawfish on my previous statements but I took a hard look at what we do and who is in my boat and the extra seating space would not be worth the cramped environment and the seat stepping deal. My dad and grandpa come out with me all the time, I would pretty much just have to kick them into the boat and hope the new soft seats prevented much blood shed.

H20skeefreek
12-15-2006, 02:51 PM
I guess I don't understand this one as well. :confused: MC decides to create a replacement for the 209 that has a much better wake for skiing, basicaly an oversized 197. By looking at the wake pics it looks like they have acheived thier goal in regards to ski-ability.

Now why in the world would you spend so much time and effort on the hull and then design an interior with wrap around seating that can hold 12-14 passengers? Where are you going to put 14 people when you hook the rope up to the pylon? To me it just does not make sense. Why would someone who is interested in wrap around seating buy the 214 over a V Drive? The person who buys this boat is buying for the excellent ski wake with the space to take the family along.

To me the interior ruins the entire boat. I have never wanted to put more than 10 people in my 209 and I can only imagine how cramped that boat would be with 14. How do you get into the boat when you pull up to the dock? Step on the seat? Wonder how long that will last given MCs history with cheap vinyl. I hope MC thought ahead to set the engine up to rotate the other way so you can pull up to the dock on the passenger side.:rolleyes:

With the 80% 20% x9 vs. 209 information I think that it is clear that most people are buying the 209 hull for wakeboarding with the ABILITY to ski. Not, necesarily to ski and take 14 people with you. I think that MC is showing us with this boat, and the CSX and the 280/x80 that they are marketing to boaters in general rather than just skiers/boaters, which is fine, if it continues to pay for the engineering of world class slalom wakes.

Ryan
12-15-2006, 02:58 PM
MC has had nothing to go up against the Bu's DD with rear wrap around seating. Now that Bu has killed their Sunsetter line, I think it makes great strategic sense to have one boat that fills the needs for the consumers of those two competing models, plus the Tige's 22iTypeR. It doesn't mean the boat is for everyone.

That said, I don't think it would cost much in design or manufacturing setup to run this line with two interiors, traditional with trunk and the new style. I would offer a traditional interior if I were running the show.

Diesel
12-15-2006, 03:25 PM
MC has had nothing to go up against the Bu's DD with rear wrap around seating. Now that Bu has killed their Sunsetter line, I think it makes great strategic sense to have one boat that fills the needs for the consumers of those two competing models, plus the Tige's 22iTypeR. It doesn't mean the boat is for everyone.

Ever sat in an XTI? Absolutely worthless interior IMHO. If you like knocking knees and stumbling over coolers it's great. Not a boat I would want to emulate.

That said, I don't think it would cost much in design or manufacturing setup to run this line with two interiors, traditional with trunk and the new style. I would offer a traditional interior if I were running the show.

I hope you are right and it does make sense to offer two interiors.

BIGBADBLUE
12-15-2006, 03:25 PM
For me and my family, the space behind the driver holds everything from skis, boom, wakeboards and keneeboards. I can not put the kneeboards on a tower so I would have no place to put them.

I respectively think that MC is missing its audiance on this one. Skiiers with families. Oh well ... guess I will have to keep the 94 205.

dmayer84
12-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Why not place the pylon at the back like the vdrives? Would this affect the handling and stability while skiing since the fins are right under where the pylon attaches?

Diesel
12-15-2006, 03:32 PM
With the 80% 20% x9 vs. 209 information I think that it is clear that most people are buying the 209 hull for wakeboarding with the ABILITY to ski. Not, necesarily to ski and take 14 people with you. I think that MC is showing us with this boat, and the CSX and the 280/x80 that they are marketing to boaters in general rather than just skiers/boaters, which is fine, if it continues to pay for the engineering of world class slalom wakes.

I haven't heard one a word about the 214s wakeboarding wake. All I have heard bout is the incredible the ski wake. If what you are saying is true I think MC would be pushing the wakeboarding wake first and foremost with a good ski wake as an added benefit. Why do this when they have the entire V-Drive X series which already accomplishes this?

It was my understanding that this was a skier's boat with the added room for the family.

Diesel
12-15-2006, 03:33 PM
I respectively think that MC is missing its audiance on this one. Skiiers with families. Oh well ... guess I will have to keep the 94 205.

My thoughts exactly.:)

And do keep you 205.............. best boat I ever owned!:)

Mikey
12-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Why do this when they have the entire V-Drive X series which already accomplishes this?

Correct me if Im wrong but, I would guess because the 214 will most likely be less expensive than even the least expensive V-drive. Therefore making it affordable to the wakeboarders that want more seating but with a smaller budget.

Diesel
12-15-2006, 04:07 PM
My 209 MSRP was right there with a loaded X-2 in 2005. With the way MCs prices are going I would guess the 214 will be in the $70k MSRP with popular options.

Mikey
12-15-2006, 04:13 PM
My 209 MSRP was right there with a loaded X-2 in 2005. With the way MCs prices are going I would guess the 214 will be in the $70k MSRP with popular options.

I stand corrected. I guess I didnt realize that new DD's were that pricey. I guess the reason my for my thinking was if you look at used DD's vs V's there is a huge difference in price. For example a DD 205 vs. a 205V or early X-star.

Jesus_Freak
12-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah....lets keep those new MSRPs going up. It makes the value of my 94 dinosaur 205 hold steady.

TMCNo1
12-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah....lets keep those new MSRPs going up. It makes the value of my 94 dinosaur 205 hold steady.

And the value of my '89 PS190 rising!
What's the highest bid on a '89 PS190 and a '88 Astro Towrig complete, ready to tow and ski with everything needed including a truck load of spare parts!

Mikey
12-15-2006, 04:35 PM
And the value of my '89 PS190 rising!
What's the highest bid on a '89 PS190 and a '88 Astro Towrig complete, ready to tow and ski with everything needed including a truck load of spare parts!

A boat as nice as yours my guess would probably be ALOT!!:cool:

sanjuan23
12-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Stop toying with us Harold that boat has more value to you than we can afford:D :D

yzwiley
12-15-2006, 04:42 PM

That's what was initially said about the CSX too. Seems to be that tides do change.

yzwiley
12-15-2006, 04:47 PM

I agree. The wife and I love the sunpad on my X7. I would have bought the X9 had the ski wake been as good as the X7. I liked idea of having more interior space. The 217 could be my next boat if they offer a traditional interior with it.

BIGBADBLUE
12-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Depression is setting in ... Fanatics with Families ... this is what I need a solution for.

I guess I need to fix the back seat and instal a new stereo. My friend is going to be depressed as he is no longer getting my 205.

Harvey
12-15-2006, 06:59 PM
It was my understanding that this was a skier's boat with the added room for the family.

That boat is the most elusive boat in history. The bigger you make a boat (to accomidate the family) the worse the ski wake tends to get. If they could actually build that boat they could almost get rid of the other ski specific boats they make. It would fit the needs of both demos.

I think that with 80% buying the X package you have a lot of families with mom or dad wanting to get up and get a set in then turn around after lunch and take the whole family out for some afternoon enjoyment. This boat will fit that demo perfect.

TMCNo1
12-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Stop toying with us Harold that boat has more value to you than we can afford:D :D

I haven't heard any offers!
We are going to have to let it go some-day, might as well be to-day!:D
People are putting $100,000+ in a tow vehicle and boat these days, then after 2 years they are in the same situation we are in today. Think about it!

Farmer Ted
12-15-2006, 10:28 PM

Kudos to you Andy!

Thanks for posting the pictures on your website.
there were only two pictures of the 214 when I posted.
The pictures that show the seating behind the driver and the front portion of the boat are nice to see.

you guys have a top notch dealership and the next time I visit my sister in the cities I'll be sure to bring some business your way.

H20skeefreek
12-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Wow, just checked out the new pics, I can't believe how close the seating really is to the motorbox, I figured that in real life, they'd make it different than that. I love the idea of snap out carpet though.

BIGBADBLUE
12-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Very cool pictures. Engine access must be a little tough from that side of the boat now. I guess that comes out somehow? Still hate it but cool pictures. Thank you Andy.

I do like the fact that it will be snap in/out carpet.

BIGBADBLUE
12-15-2006, 10:43 PM
So ... if it is more for skiing then where do you put all the people when you are skiing from the pylon? DUCK!!!

We never use our back seat for that reason now? IS this wrap around just wasted space for this boat? I love MC but I do not get this boat. Skiing wake with Wakeboard design.

Farmer Ted
12-18-2006, 12:02 AM
I wonder what kind of wake they'd get with the 214 hull as a V-drive with the weight distributed forward to compensate for the engine being in the back.....