PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present for the Lady

Faded & X9-Rated
12-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Ok guys, What's everyone gettin their significant others for Christmas (I need some Ideas):confused:

Sodar
12-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Ok guys, What's everyone gettin their significant others for Christmas (I need some Ideas):confused:

I got the ex-girlfriend an iPod...
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/Japan/Images/ib_ipod_hero_051012.jpg

RexDog1
12-14-2006, 10:52 AM
A nice watch, day at a spa,

http://www1.redenvelope.com/partner/bvjp9707.html?cm_mmc=Yahoo%20SM-_-Recipient_Gift_Terms-_-Recipient_Her-_-gift%20for%20wife (http://www1.redenvelope.com/partner/bvjp9707.html?cm_mmc=Yahoo%20SM-_-Recipient_Gift_Terms-_-Recipient_Her-_-gift%20for%20wife)

The Red Envelope has helped me out this year

And if you have some extra money lying around????

bcampbe7
12-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Nothing! How's that for romantic???

barefoot
12-14-2006, 10:57 AM
I have a friend in New York named Tiffany (http://www.tiffany.com). The ladies seem to like her gifts…;)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-14-2006, 10:57 AM
I got the ex-girlfriend an iPod...
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/Japan/Images/ib_ipod_hero_051012.jpg
you get your Ex girlfriend a christmas gift?:confused: :confused:

12-14-2006, 10:58 AM
oh, BTW, I got my girlfriend an Ipod Nano and accesories for it.

chudson
12-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Well we talked and decieded to put our Christmas money to each other towards getting the boat trailer powdercotated, fenders patched up, and new lights. God do I love that woman!!!!

chudson
12-14-2006, 11:00 AM

Those rocks that can cut glass are always well recieved, CHA CHING!!!!

Sodar
12-14-2006, 11:17 AM
you get your Ex girlfriend a christmas gift?:confused: :confused:
Still my best friend...

Note to self: Do not date one of your best friends!!

Sodar
12-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Well we talked and decieded to put our Christmas money to each other towards getting the boat trailer powdercotated, fenders patched up, and new lights. God do I love that woman!!!!

WHOA!!! Does she have any sisters in their 20's!?!?!?

RexDog1
12-14-2006, 11:19 AM
There is one thing I do know
Never never fall for the trick when your wife says “this year we won’t give
Each other gifts this year, it is all about the kids”
It is a trick!!!!!!!!!
Always have a gift on hand because she will pull a gift out for you

An ipod for a X girlfriend???? wow http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_18_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

bcampbe7
12-14-2006, 11:26 AM
There is one thing I do know
It is a trick!!!!!!!!!

An ipod for a X girlfriend???? wow http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_18_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

That's her own fault. I am not a mind reader. :D

pram
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
No jewelry this year (she got some for her 30th already), Crafting supplies, a Nelli Furtado concert ticket, Pirates of the Caribbean and of course her annual Hallmark Keepsake Christmas Ornament. Other than that just a little bit of :love:

chudson
12-14-2006, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=RexDog1]There is one thing I do know
It is a trick!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree, I am prerared!!!

jimmer2880
12-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Sewing Machine.

Now, before I get bashed - it was her idea. I have quite the list waiting for her. By this time next year, I'll be working on getting her to make some canvas for the MC!

12-14-2006, 11:50 AM
does she have any single sisters, aunts, or daugthers aged 20 to 45?;) ;)

RexDog1
12-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Sewing Machine.

Now, before I get bashed - it was her idea. I have quite the list waiting for her. By this time next year, I'll be working on getting her to make some canvas for the MC!

Nice thinking

If you pull it off, you are a god :worthy:

Sodar
12-14-2006, 11:51 AM

I asked first!! I have DIBS!!!

RexDog1
12-14-2006, 11:55 AM

UMP
I have a sister for you8p
But you will need to move to Hawaii

Maristar210
12-14-2006, 12:18 PM
How about a cutting board with a note attached that says:

In a Tony Soprano voice:

"Now hurry up and go make me a frickin Sand Weeech"

Datdude
12-14-2006, 12:41 PM
I have a friend in New York named Tiffany (http://www.tiffany.com). The ladies seem to like her gifts…;)

I got my mom a few pieces of Tiffany stuff a few days ago. Women really seem to dig that stuff. It is a little on the pricey side, but if it makes them happy:cool: .

As far as the wife goes her list was small. She is getting a North Face down vest, snowshoes, and a make-up bag from L.L. Bean that she "had to have". Pretty simple stuff I guess

BrianM
12-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Bought my wife a new Mt. Bike this year. She already got it for a trip we took over Thanksgiving. She also wanted a surround sound system for the living room(yes it really was her idea) so I bought one of those as a kind of gift for the both of us. Besides that I always but together a bunch of small stocking stuff for her.

tex
12-14-2006, 01:19 PM
One of the those show ski vests.

TMCNo1
12-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Still my best friend...

Note to self: Do not date one of your best friends!!

My wife married her best friend and I married mine, 36 years and 9 days ago.:)

slink976
12-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Bought mine a new house. Hopefully she'll move w/o me! lol j/k

trickskier
12-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Besides a couple of small items, I am going to wrap 10, 100 dollar bills in different size boxes.

TMCNo1
12-15-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm thinking about taking my wife on a all expense paid trip to somewhere she doesn't visit often,.........................

...................................the kitchen!
Just joking, she helps me cook all the time and is a good cook.

Sodar
12-15-2006, 09:19 AM
My wife married her best friend and I married mine, 36 years and 9 days ago.:)

OK, than I should say never break up with your best friend!! HA HA!

trickskier
12-15-2006, 09:34 AM
I'm thinking about taking my wife on a all expense paid trip to somewhere she doesn't visit often,.........................
...................................the kitchen!
Just joking, she helps me cook all the time and is a good cook.
I was just about to ask if you were going with her.......

shepherd
12-15-2006, 09:49 AM

I've been married for 16 years. Don't you dare fall for that one! :cool:

I've found that if I can't come up with any ideas, some fine jewelry always works.

12-15-2006, 09:51 AM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

chudson
12-15-2006, 10:37 AM

I've found that if I can't come up with any ideas, some fine jewelry always works.

I know, we've been married 26 years and we've never done this before but the kids are out of the house and it's something that is goin to cost us a chunk of change. I am still goin to have some'm for her under the tree. I also told her what I said on here yesterday and she got a chuckle out of it.

Jesus_Freak
12-15-2006, 11:53 AM
...we've been married 26 years...

Threadjack....Congratulations chudson....Un-threadjack

shepherd
12-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I know, we've been married 26 years and we've never done this before but the kids are out of the house and it's something that is goin to cost us a chunk of change. I am still goin to have some'm for her under the tree. I also told her what I said on here yesterday and she got a chuckle out of it.

Yeah, I caught that. I posted that one more for the other, younger, members on this board! Ditto on the 26 years congrats!

chudson
12-15-2006, 02:12 PM
But back to the original question from Faded & X9-Rated, maybe get her a massage, you know from a reputable place. Now stop Laughing there are those kind of places that are legite. Got my wife one and she loved it.If I think of some others I'll be back!!!

JohnnyB
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
My wife was shopping in Chicago before Christmas and called asking if she could buy herself a Christmas present.....she got an art piece that was a decent chunk of $$. I'll post a pic when i can. Even though she "wants nothing else" there are a couple of DVD boxed sets under the tree for her.

I truly don't want anything after buying myself a new retriever, six weeks of training for the retriever, $1000 vet bill for the retriever that ate something in the woods that plugged up his intestines, and a 100bird Pheasant membership.....my wife lets me play hard and supports my expensive hobbies, if I got nothing for Christmas, I'd be quite happy:D

Uuhh, I almost forgot I also got a new to me boat this year, too. I'll lie and say I bought it for my wife because she wanted an open bow :D

Chudson, some thoughts....a spa package or a gift certificate for Sephora (http://www.sephora.com/)....its one of my wifes favorite places to shop for make-up. Other ideas....Pajamagram.com....

dapicatti
12-17-2006, 08:46 PM
My buddies wife helps me every year...she picks out exaclty what my wife loves. She runs a boutique clothing store. Works like a charm.

M-Funf
12-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Aw crud...Coming up empty...need help...

My wife's bithday was last weekend, and I got her some nice stuff, but now I'm left high and dry for X-Mas. I got her jewelry, a spa coupon, and a new Bobby Jones H21 golf club (no wise cracks...she loved it).

Now I need ideas quick for X-Mas...I looked through the rest of this thread...but I'm not getting inspired...

HELP A FELLOW MC'er OUT HERE!!! :o

TMCNo1
12-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Now I need ideas quick for X-Mas...I looked through the rest of this thread...but I'm not getting inspired...

Does she like birds? There is a guy in Georgia that has a peacock!

M-Funf
12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Does she like birds? There is a guy in Georgia that has a peacock!

:uglyhamme :purplaugh No, but she likes feathers :rolleyes:

Monte
12-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Bought my wife a wakeboard, a diamond charm necklace, some diamond stud ear rings, a little something from VS<<<<< (that may be more for me) and an assortment from Bath and Body Works...

M-Funf
12-19-2006, 03:38 PM
a little something from VS<<<<< (that may be more for me)

We talked about the VS stuff...Know of anything they sell that looks good on the floor? Because that's where it's going to be in about 3 seconds... ;)

Monte
12-19-2006, 03:43 PM
We talked about the VS stuff...Know of anything they sell that looks good on the floor?

Most of the things they hide in the very back of the store, then some of the things they put in the front, well, most everything they sell.;) Fredricks of Hollywood has a nice selection as well:D :D :D

lassy
12-19-2006, 04:04 PM
i finished my shopping yesterday......

Monte
12-19-2006, 04:16 PM
i finished my shopping yesterday.......take the advice i used:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA

LMAO............ There's one more to add to the gift to the wife list!!!

TMCNo1
12-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm thinking about giving my wife the checkbook and letting her go wild in "Bed, Bath and Behind"!

bigmac
12-19-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm going to replace her cross-country skis this year, and a trip to Puerta Vallarta with he mother and sister.

But the top of her list:

http://carharttimages.carhartt.com//is/image/Carhartt/R42BRN?$BLG$

TMCNo1
12-19-2006, 04:41 PM
:uglyhamme :purplaugh No, but she likes feathers :rolleyes:

A feather is erotic, the whole peacock is exotic!:D

12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
your starting to sound like Hoosier bob now.......:eek:

TX.X-30 fan
12-19-2006, 04:52 PM

Wrong thread TMC. 8p

trickskier
12-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Bought my wife a wakeboard, a diamond charm necklace, some diamond stud ear rings, a little something from VS<<<<< (that may be more for me) and an assortment from Bath and Body Works...
Very Nice Monte.....I'm sure she'll appreciate all of them!

Monte
12-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Very Nice Monte.....I'm sure she'll appreciate all of them!

Using my head and Rexdog's advice:
Wakeboard and other assorted items... Primary;)
Jewelry........ Secondary.. A backup incase the wakeboad doesn't get rave reviews. Otherwise Valentines and Birthday is covered :D (got suckered in to big sale at Jewelry store):(

RexDog1
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Ok now I have given my family the dog for Christmas!!!!
How big of a gift, do I need to get my wife???
I was just thinking??? Something like some nice earrings and call it a day?
Or does the dog count as a gift to her?:confused:

Monte
12-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Ok now I have given my family the dog for Christmas!!!!
How big of a gift, do I need to get my wife???
I was just thinking??? Something like some nice earrings and call it a day?
Or does the dog count as a gift to her?:confused:

I'd suggest using your own advice... A little something under the tree for the Mrs. is never a bad idea.. Ear rings are nice:D Hey a post Christmas day at a spa is a good one too:)

Slinkyredfoot
12-20-2006, 10:12 AM
I know in my case the dog will count for nothing, to be safe I would Up the ante

dapicatti
12-20-2006, 10:59 AM
My mom still talks about the "family dog" she got for her birthday 35
years ago. She still is unhappy about it.

Get her some nice jewelry and all will be well.

loeweb
12-20-2006, 03:54 PM
My wife always wanted a hammock. So I bought one on ebay for $30. It came the other day and she told me it was on the porch. I could tell she wasn't happy so I had her open it in front of me. While she was into opening it, I pulled out her real present, a 3 stone pendant. Nothing special, but with her, christmas is always early, so any way I can get her goat it I try to. She loved them both, but didn't expect the hammock for Christmas.

SteveO
12-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Bought mine a new house. Hopefully she'll move w/o me! lol j/k

Where did you end up??? Can't wait for a pull behind that X2

suedv
12-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Aw crud...Coming up empty...need help...

My wife's bithday was last weekend, and I got her some nice stuff, but now I'm left high and dry for X-Mas. I got her jewelry, a spa coupon, and a new Bobby Jones H21 golf club (no wise cracks...she loved it).

I think you are on the right track with things like the golf club. I always like getting things that go with my hobbies because it is hard to justify buying that kind of stuff for myself, especially when my hobbies get rather expensive.

If she likes sports then sport stuff is great.

Hoosier Bob
12-20-2006, 08:10 PM
I will probably go with the case of beer. Either way she will not like what I get her but this way one of us is happy!8p

kycat2007
12-20-2006, 10:28 PM
What about me, what about I, what about me o my.

I got something for her but looks like she is just going to give me money. Not too personal. I told her I like Mastercraft, ski gloves, gooru and she says you haven't told me anything.

Monte
12-20-2006, 10:38 PM
What about me, what about I, what about me o my.

I got something for her but looks like she is just going to give me money. Not too personal. I told her I like Mastercraft, ski gloves, gooru and she says you haven't told me anything.

Don't feel too bad, so far I've had to mark the stuff I want on e-bay for her to pull up and bid on or buy. The other was getting the boat re-upholsered, but that I think I'm paying for that!!

kycat2007
12-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Sometime the effort is not there and it has me quetioning some things with us. Yea she can drive the boat, back the trailer, and has a lake place but I may need more.:mad:

Monte
12-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Sometime the effort is not there and it has me quetioning some things with us. Yea she can drive the boat, back the trailer, and has a lake place but I may need more.:mad:

I'm in it for the long haul brutha! (HB slang) IMHO She sounds good to me.... cash is better than a pink sweater;) !!!

jimmer2880
12-21-2006, 05:35 AM
Nice thinking

If you pull it off, you are a god :worthy:

She already has it. And - believe it or not, she loves it.

She's getting me a new Goode for Christmas :D I just need to wait until the Garage is finished being paid for before we order it :eek3:

Faded & X9-Rated
12-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Alright... I made a trip down to Orlando for business & stopped at the Mall @ Millinia & made a stop at Tiffany's. Man that crap is expensive!!

tex
12-22-2006, 08:23 PM
I called to ask Lake Elmo why I haven't received the bride's gift. They said UPS shows that they dropped it off on my porch on Tuesday at 5:10pm. My mom was here. Do you think our UPS man is a skier?

JKTX21
12-22-2006, 08:35 PM
I got the lady a couple of things, but the best gift is the MC pullover!