PDA

View Full Version : waterski DVD?

bikeman
12-13-2006, 04:21 PM
anyone recommend a good waterski DVD - instructional oriented - I can watch while on the elliptical trainer this winter?

east tx skier
12-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Drew Ross's "Shortline" is good fun to watch for the skiing, but the instruction on "new school" technique was a little daunting for me. It's not instructional, but "The Secret Spot" is about the best water ski video out there IMO.

kpickett
12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I find Edged in Water to be the most entertaining video out there. I've got Shortline, the Andy Mapple DVD, the Suyderhoud Advanced Slalom Clinic, and the Secret Spot, too. I'll be getting Suyderhoud's new West Coast DVD when it comes out. I don't have Gordon Rathbun's Slalom Drills, but I've heard that it's good. Really, the instruction on most of these is second to watching the skiing. Edged in Water is the best for when I'm on my bike/track stand.

ski_king
12-13-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't recommend watching Andy Mapple's DVD while on the elliptical trainer. It is so boring you may fall asleep and get injured.

I agree The Secret Spot and Edged in Water are great, although not all that instructional.

Masternorth
12-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I don't recommend watching Andy Mapple's DVD while on the elliptical trainer. It is so boring you may fall asleep and get injured.

I agree The Secret Spot and Edged in Water are great, although not all that instructional.

I agree with you for the Maple DVD: it is so boring, you fall asleep watching it after 5 minutes and then ounce you`re on the water you can`t remember a thing.

kpickett
12-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah, the Mapple dvd isn't great, but there are a couple cool things in it - Gordon's pull-up exercise at the end and the scene where they hold Andy in place so you can see how short 43 off really is. There's a little great skiing footage, but it's not one for watching while exercising. I still say Edged in Water is the best for that.

JohnE
12-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Good OP, I've been wondering about this topic, too. Thanks for the answers.

shepherd
12-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Let me add my thumbs up for Edged in Water. Great skiing footage and a great soundtrack too. I could definitely get into exercising to that one. I don't have Secret Spot yet, but sounds like I need it.

sand2snow22
12-14-2006, 01:31 AM
What's the best instructional video with some good waterskiing scenes? I'll be watching from the couch!! Thanks in advance.....