PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Music and Coffee

Slinkyredfoot
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Okay, the cookies are great, but lets take a poll on what types of Christmas music and coffee do we like this time of year..how about a poll from someone who knows how???
Music
Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Beach Boys, I could go on and on, anybody else's picks??

Coffee
Maxwell House..smooth or rich with a lot of Balieys
Starbucks
Pekoe Sams
What?
We have enjoyed the evening listening and indulging on the back deck tonight :wishing it were summer :D :D :toast:

Monte
12-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Okay, the cookies are great, but lets take a poll on what types of Christmas music and coffee do we like this time of year..how about a poll from someone who knows how???
Music
Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Beach Boys, I could go on and on, anybody else's picks??

Coffee
Starbucks
Pekoe Sams
What?
We have enjoyed the evening listening and indulging on the back deck tonight :wishing it were summer :D :D :toast:

Frank gets my vote.

I'm sipping on Russian Tea.

TMCNo1
12-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate made with milk, cookies from another thread and "Grandma Got Runned Over By a Reindeer"!

Monte
12-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I forgot about "Merry Christmas from the Family" by Robert Earl Keen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37xPiRz1sg

TMCNo1
12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Music

Coffee
Starbucks
Pekoe Sams
What?

PS, at the bottom of the Post Thread box is "Additional Options" go to the bottom and check "Poll" required and set the # of poll options, then submit thread and the poll option will come up for you to fill in, choose from days shown and view voters. I know there are those who add polls after they have started a thread, maybe they will tell us? I know you can add pics by going to "Edit", then clicking on "Go Advanced", not sure about polls.

TMCNo1
12-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I forgot about "Merry Christmas from the Family" by Robert Earl Keen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37xPiRz1sg

Now that's what I'm talking about!

TMCNo1
12-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Listen to this all time Christmas classic by the fire! http://www.blueyze.com/bluechristmas.html

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Water and some Ozzy Osbourne.

Monte
12-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Water and some Ozzy Osbourne.

Didn't you mean to say "Bah Humbug"?:rolleyes:

Leroy
12-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Starbucks and my wife plays this one instrument christmas music CD all the time and has for the past 15 years. I don't know what it's called, but everyone in the family can recognize it in 2 notes.

Monte
12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Starbucks and my wife plays this one instrument christmas music CD all the time and has for the past 15 years. I don't know what it's called, but everyone in the family can recognize it in 2 notes.

May I suggest http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=73605&skuId=73638

Leroy
12-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Frank, frank, frank, are you kidding me???? I'm just not a Frank guy.....

May I suggest http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=73605&skuId=73638

dapicatti
12-12-2006, 11:07 PM
My wife is a Christmas music nut. Every year we put together a CD of our favorites for family and friends. So many good ones, who can choose?

Coffee- Starbucks or Trader Joes.

TMCNo1
12-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Here is another one to enjoy, http://www.ruthann1.com/RedneckChristmas.htm

Monte
12-13-2006, 08:41 AM

Leroy, you don't have to go with Frank, I'm trying to help your family keep its sanity.... You might buy her a new Christmas album and suggest she frame the old:D

12-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Didn't you mean to say "Bah Humbug"?:rolleyes:
Hey, whats wrong with Ozzy? or Ebineezer Scrooge for that matter. I happen to repect both of them. those are three words I enjoy: Ozzy, Ebineezer, and humbug. Nothing wrong with jamming out a little Mr. Crowley during the holidays. :D

Ric
12-13-2006, 10:29 AM
there is this one song by vince vance and the valiants... they play it every year at Christmas... I dig that song and won't go get the cd because I would overplay it and ruin it for myself.
used to go see them play on lake conroe in my younger days

That Robert Earl Keen song is destined to be a classic

shepherd
12-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Been rockin' to the Trans Siberian Orchestra this year. I'm going to look for some steel drum Christmas music online tonight for our party tomorrow night.

No coffee........... tequila!!!

12-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Been rockin' to the Trans Siberian Orchestra this year. I'm going to look for some steel drum Christmas music online tonight for our party tomorrow night.

No coffee........... tequila!!!
Shep, I have been a TSO fan for years, seen them live 5 times. but my interest in them is deteriorating. Great music.

shepherd
12-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I can see how you could lose interest in them, especially if you've seen them 5 times. They're still new to me though, since I've only discovered them last year. And I only listen to them during the holidays. They are the only band I've found that successfully marries good rockin' music with traditional Christmas carols.

I can only take so much of "chestnuts roasting..." and "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." (playing as I type this!) after hearing those songs 50 times on the radio and the Muzak machines...

12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I can see how you could lose interest in them, especially if you've seen them 5 times. They're still new to me though, since I've only discovered them last year. And I only listen to them during the holidays. They are the only band I've found that successfully marries good rockin' music with traditional Christmas carols.

I can only take so much of "chestnuts roasting..." and "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." (playing as I type this!) after hearing those songs 50 times on the radio and the Muzak machines...
TSO kicks, a great mix of Mozart and Metal. :headbang: I PM'd you about why I lost interest. I still listen to them, but not as much. I can play all their tunes on guitar, learned all the leads. Fun stuff. :)

Ric
12-13-2006, 12:33 PM
TSO kicks, a great mix of Mozart and Metal. :headbang: I PM'd you about why I lost interest. I still listen to them, but not as much. I can play all their tunes on guitar, learned all the leads. Fun stuff. :) since you brought it up, can I speculate?.... what the hell, I will anyway:D

you think that bunch has gone too commercial or a variation of that... you are a musician and when a work becomes mainstream, you lose interest....

12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
since you brought it up, can I speculate?.... what the hell, I will anyway:D

you think that bunch has gone too commercial or a variation of that... you are a musician and when a work becomes mainstream, you lose interest....
Good guess Ric, but not really. I will PM you.

Archimedes
12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Favorite Christmas music is a Nat King Cole.

Kicked coffee last week and I feel the best I've felt in 2 years.

Ric
12-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Good guess Ric, but not really. I will PM you. sorry dude I didnt realize one had hit on your fiance

12-13-2006, 12:47 PM
sorry dude I didnt realize one had hit on your fiance
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Monte
12-13-2006, 12:58 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That explains it all, The "bah humbug" thing that is. UMP you should have hit on him back:mad:

Oh I find nothing wrong with Ozzy and H2O.. Just not on the warm fuzzy christmas thread.... That'd be more useful on the lets get pumped up for spring thread:D

Did jacob marley greet you at your door last night??

12-13-2006, 01:18 PM
That explains it all, The "bah humbug" thing that is. UMP you should have hit on him back:mad:

Oh I find nothing wrong with Ozzy and H2O.. Just not on the warm fuzzy christmas thread.... That'd be more useful on the lets get pumped up for spring thread:D

Did jacob marley greet you at your door last night??
who is jacob marley???

Monte
12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
who is jacob marley???

Scrooges deceased partner... the one with all the bling... Warned him of the three ghosts:rolleyes: And his face shows up in the door knocker;)

H20skeefreek
12-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Sinatra and Bad *** Coffee (I love Starbucks, but compared to B.A., Starbucks tastes like burnt mud).

Bruce
12-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Love all the music you guys have talked about.
I just finished the last of three concerts our choir did for what we call "Christmas On The Northshore". We are a 100 plus voices backed up sometimes by the La. Phil. orch. this year we used a chamber orch. from the Univ. of Southern Miss. One of our guest soloist was tenor Stuart Neil.
Stuart is world renown and is the guy who likely will become the third tenor when Pavarotti hangs it up. After the concert he did "Oh Holy Night" hardly a dry eye in the place.
We did Christmas excerpts from the Messiah (Hallelujah Chorus is still a thrill to sing) along with a collection of John Rutter carols. Rutter and our choir director are good friends and Rutter sent us a new piece he just completed("I wish you Christmas") Getting to do a piece that had never been done before was pretty cool.
We sent over 4000 people home with the true spirit of Christmas in their heads and heart and that's good.
I doubt that this type of music would have universal appeal on this board(nor will this thread) but I did wish to share this experience with those who might enjoy.

bcampbe7
12-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Love all the music you guys have talked about.
I just finished the last of three concerts our choir did for what we call "Christmas On The Northshore". We are a 100 plus voices backed up sometimes by the La. Phil. orch. this year we used a chamber orch. from the Univ. of Southern Miss. One of our guest soloist was tenor Stuart Neil.
Stuart is world renown and is the guy who likely will become the third tenor when Pavarotti hangs it up. After the concert he did "Oh Holy Night" hardly a dry eye in the place.
We did Christmas excerpts from the Messiah (Hallelujah Chorus is still a thrill to sing) along with a collection of John Rutter carols. Rutter and our choir director are good friends and Rutter sent us a new piece he just completed("I wish you Christmas") Getting to do a piece that had never been done before was pretty cool.
We sent over 4000 people home with the true spirit of Christmas in their heads and heart and that's good.
I doubt that this type of music would have universal appeal on this board(nor will this thread) but I did wish to share this experience with those who might enjoy.

I would be interested in listening to a CD.

I bought a couple TSO CD's this year as well as a Manheim Steamroller CD. I personally like Manheim better than TSO.

Bruce
12-13-2006, 02:28 PM
I would be interested in listening to a CD.

I bought a couple TSO CD's this year as well as a Manheim Steamroller CD. I personally like Manheim better than TSO.
Have not heard CD yet. If it is any good I will send you one.

bcampbe7
12-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Have not heard CD yet. If it is any good I will send you one.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Leroy
12-13-2006, 02:31 PM
There is my present, Thanks Monte!

Leroy, you don't have to go with Frank, I'm trying to help your family keep its sanity.... You might buy her a new Christmas album and suggest she frame the old:D

Monte
12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
There is my present, Thanks Monte!
Any time I can help;)

TMCNo1
12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Another funny one e-mailed to me,
http://www.toonedin.com/movies/WhiteTrashXmas.html

chudson
12-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Can't believe no one has even mentioned "Der Bingle" yet, I mean "White Christmas" is one of the largest selling singles of all time!!!
So back to the original question
1. White Christmas-Bing Crosby
2. Folgers Classic Roast, black.
Perry Comos- Christmas Dream
Mariah Careys- All I want for Christmas is you( sounds like Spector produced it)from jail!!!

TX.X-30 fan
12-18-2006, 02:50 PM

Please leave the country immediately. Frank Rules!!!! :cool:

M-Funf
12-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Bing... and Peets Italian Roast expresso :D

quincyfirefighter
12-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Would have to say Bing and Nat King Cole are it for me on Christmas ;)

Slinkyredfoot
12-18-2006, 08:03 PM
There are a lot of great Christmas songs, and for me they all pretty much bring back warm and great memories. This can be a wonderful time of the year

TMCNo1
12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
A good one by Larry the Cable Guy,
http://www.jibjab.com/jokebox/jokebox/jibjab/id/8489/jokeid/7470

chudson
12-19-2006, 01:58 PM
There are a lot of great Christmas songs, and for me they all pretty much bring back warm and great memories. This can be a wonderful time of the year
Ditto!!!!!!!

chudson
12-19-2006, 02:03 PM
A good one by Larry the Cable Guy,
http://www.jibjab.com/jokebox/jokebox/jibjab/id/8489/jokeid/7470

Sorry just jumpin the subject here a second but if you haven't seen "Cars" yet rent it or buy it over the holidays. "Larry the Cable Guy" steals the show and the whole family can watch it, he is hilarious.

Monte
12-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Sorry just jumpin the subject here a second but if you haven't seen "Cars" yet rent it or buy it over the holidays. "Larry the Cable Guy" steals the show and the whole family can watch it, he is hilarious.

I agree... I went and bought it the day it came out, my son has watched it at least every other day since then two or three times on Saturdays... I bet Harold would even get a kick out of it...

TMCNo1
12-19-2006, 03:41 PM
I agree... I went and bought it the day it came out, my son has watched it at least every other day since then two or three times on Saturdays... I bet Harold would even get a kick out of it...

Did anyone see Larry the Cable Guy on 60 Minutes Sunday night. The guy is making some bucks playing a bumpkin!
A friend went to one of Blue Collar Comedy Tour shows in Greensboro, NC and had back stage passes before the show with the people they went with. He didn't know who Larry was and when they were introduced Larry said, "Hi, I'm Larry the Cable Guy" and my buddy Said, "Hi, I'm Johnny the UPS Man" and it tore Larry up. He actually used their encounter in his part of the show!

Monte
12-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Did anyone see Larry the Cable Guy on 60 Minutes Sunday night. The guy is making some bucks playing a bumpkin!

I didn't see it, but a co worker did, he said the guy really makes the $$$ like you said. To add he is a whole lot smarter that his character:confused: You should buy "Cars" and blame it on the new grand daughter. you've got to have something to fall asleep with her in the recliner to....:rolleyes:

chudson
12-19-2006, 04:04 PM

I would bet CMT will carry that sometime they seem to have the more country related 60 minutes shows on from time to time!!!

playtherapy
12-19-2006, 04:43 PM
How about Jimmy Buffett's Christmas Island or Christmas in the Caribbean! Makes me think about being on the water in the ole MasterCraft!

TMCNo1
12-21-2006, 11:05 AM
A friend went to one of Blue Collar Comedy Tour shows in Greensboro, NC and had back stage passes before the show with the people they went with. He didn't know who Larry was and when they were introduced Larry said, "Hi, I'm Larry the Cable Guy" and my buddy Said, "Hi, I'm Johnny the UPS Man" and it tore Larry up. He actually used their encounter in his part of the show!

Found this about Larry in his early days as a standup, watch the YouTube video, he wasn't that good back in the day IMO.
http://www.dead-frog.com/archives/2006/12/who_is_larry_the_cable_guy_really.php