PDA

View Full Version : more power

CRAIGTHEMAN
12-12-2006, 05:31 PM
has anyone done any mods to the 333hp LTR to give it more power...or does anyone know about any peformance parts for this motor

dsoby
12-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Indmar claims that their new exhaust manifolds will add 10% HP.

Sodar
12-12-2006, 06:45 PM
strap a blower or twin turbo on it, a new three speed tranny and a two blade prop!!

Chief
12-12-2006, 09:28 PM
has anyone done any mods to the 333hp LTR to give it more power...or does anyone know about any peformance parts for this motor

That engine needs no more power. It's all about prop. Depends what you want to do with it. Top end or watersports.

P.S.
That is one of the finest engines made, I can't believe they stopped using it. Watchout for the brass gear for the oil pump. Inspect at every oil change or replace with new gear.

Leroy
12-13-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure what I would do with more power. People pop out like popcorn if you really hit it!

CRAIGTHEMAN
12-18-2006, 07:53 AM
i was just woundering i don;t plan to make any mods...it has more balls than any other ski boat i know....but jcrosby150 what were you talking about that oil pump gear ....where do you get at it

Chief
12-18-2006, 08:45 AM
i was just woundering i don;t plan to make any mods...it has more balls than any other ski boat i know....but jcrosby150 what were you talking about that oil pump gear ....where do you get at it

Look where the distributor is normally located. That is the oil pump shaft cover. If you loosen the clamp that holds that and carefully pull the shaft out there will be a brass gear on the end. That is the weak point on the engine. I inspected mine everytime I changed the oil, but never had to replace. They have failed quite often and without that there is no oil pressure. I do believe that they now make a stainless steel or a normal steel gear to replace the brass gear to prevent failure.

dsoby
12-18-2006, 10:54 AM
There is no official recall on this gear but Indmar has put out aservice bulletin on it. A brass pump gear interfacing with the steel cam shaft. I had mine replaced. There is a lot of info about this issue on MMYC's forum. It is a cheap fix that could save you a bunch of headache in the future.

Ric
12-19-2006, 09:55 AM
The Ltr that I had always had a lull or hesitation when you first dumped the throttle to it.. never could figure that out...
as long as you knew about that little hitch, you could power someone out strongly and smoothly, but new drivers had a bit of a fit with it. strong motor, it just had that bottom end or throttle response issue about it. (never had the oil pump gear problem on mine)

CRAIGTHEMAN
12-21-2006, 09:09 PM
thanx guys for the info...im going to pull mine out next week...where is the best place to order that little gear....dealer??? aftermarket??? also what gear would be the best to get like the brass stainless or regular

dsoby
12-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Any dealer should be able to get the gear for you. Try Mike at mymastercraft.com.

PendO
12-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Indmar claims that their new exhaust manifolds will add 10% HP.

too bad they never release (to the public) a chart showing hp/torque vs. rpms ...

CRAIGTHEMAN
12-22-2006, 09:52 PM
i will thanx dsoby