PDA

View Full Version : Where's Everyone Going for Christmas

loeweb
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Let's see where people go for christmas.

bcampbe7
12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Iowa... :cool:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
why isnt Hell on the list? I am usually in Hell for the holidays.

Sodar
12-12-2006, 12:29 PM
No where for Christmas. I am going to the river for New Years though to do a little dirtbiking and maybe even a New Years Day ski run... we will see what the weather does!

Maristar210
12-12-2006, 12:32 PM
This is the first year since I was a kid I have not had to travel for the holidays. I am holding Christmas eve at our home and we are staying there on Christmas day. Thank you lord:D

Mikey
12-12-2006, 12:35 PM
why isnt Hell on the list? I am usually in Hell for the holidays.

Are you visiting family there? :D

12-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Are you visiting family there? :D
no, hell comes to me. I dont have to do anything, it just finds me, where ever I am. :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Having family over the 23rd, and 24th, and going elsewhere the 25th.

UMP- And here I thought were going to the Cayman Islands...I've been to Hell and back ...

M-Funf
12-12-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm stayin put. It's likely that I'll have the week off between X-Mas and New Year's, but the wife doesn't. I probably won't know until next week if we get the week off (company closed)...which is good because then the wife can't think up a list of stuff for me to do...leaving me more time to spend at the bar :D or working on the boat :woohoo:

trickskier
12-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Headed to Universal Studios in O-Town with the family & dog too.

ttu
12-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Colorado with the kidos. Skiing 4 days at Winter park....:D

BrianM
12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
We go out to se my family in california every other year at Christmas. This is the year to make the trip.

milkmania
12-12-2006, 04:38 PM
I might go in the house.....

for the kid's sake

SkiDog
12-12-2006, 05:55 PM
no, hell comes to me. I dont have to do anything, it just finds me, where ever I am. :rolleyes:
I didn't realize that you spent Christmas with TMC#1!!!!!!!!:D :firejump: :uglyhamme

Michael Epp
12-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Taking my wife and 4 boys to California to spend Christmas with our daughter. She recently moved to the Monterey area. It will be nice to get away from the snow and cold in western Canada.

suedv
12-12-2006, 07:41 PM

Somehow I think I can relate. I'm always SO relieved when Christmas is over. It is so much work shopping (I HATE to shop and I hate crowds), wrapping gifts, cooking for parties, trying to make people happy, trying to be three places at once...

I guess sound like the grinch. :o

12-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Somehow I think I can relate. I'm always SO relieved when Christmas is over. It is so much work shopping (I HATE to shop and I hate crowds), wrapping gifts, cooking for parties, trying to make people happy, trying to be three places at once...

I guess sound like the grinch. :o
Word up! Im witchyoo, my fellow grinch!. I agree. I think Christmas is just a big commercialized ploy. I hate it. They keep pushing it earlier and earlier every year. the christmas stuff already beats the Thanksgiving stuff in the stores. they take the Halloween stuff down, and BAM! christmas is here! I am just waiting to see who has the greed to jump the season ahead even more, and put the Christmas stuff out before Halloween. :rolleyes: Its gonna happen people, mark my words! I just dont like all the commercialization. sell this, buy that. sale sale sale, bargain bargain bargain. Bargain my azz :mad:

and thats just the business part, I didnt even get into the hell part.

PendO
12-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Word up! Im witchyoo, my fellow grinch!. I agree. I think Christmas is just a big commercialized ploy. I hate it. They keep pushing it earlier and earlier every year. the christmas stuff already beats the Thanksgiving stuff in the stores. they take the Halloween stuff down, and BAM! christmas is here! I am just waiting to see who has the greed to jump the season ahead even more, and put the Christmas stuff out before Halloween. :rolleyes: Its gonna happen people, mark my words! I just dont like all the commercialization. sell this, buy that. sale sale sale, bargain bargain bargain. Bargain my azz :mad:

It's a good thing car dealers don't have any special Christmas sales or incentives

Spokane on Xmas, Billings the day after (hoping for good roads)

Monte
12-12-2006, 08:24 PM

To heck with the grinch ump You had better watch out for three ghost! four if you count the dude's face on the door knocker! The first two are ok, but the third one is a bioch:eek3:

I'm going across town, and to Spartanburg, SC.. Oh! stayng home for ole st. nick:)

12-12-2006, 08:41 PM
To heck with the grinch ump You had better watch out for three ghost! four if you count the dude's face on the door knocker! The first two are ok, but the third one is a bioch:eek3:

I'm going across town, and to Spartanburg, SC.. Oh! stayng home for ole st. nick:)
Bring em on Monte! I got the Ghostbusters on speed dial! "THREE IN THE BOX, READY TO GO, WE BE FAST AND THEY BE SLOW! WE'RE BACK!"

Monte
12-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Bring em on Monte! I got the Ghostbusters on speed dial! "THREE IN THE BOX, READY TO GO, WE BE FAST AND THEY BE SLOW! WE'RE BACK!"

Alright :D but be prepared to buy some turkeys and toys in the AM.. Oh and you'll have to give your subordinate a raise and make him your partner...:rolleyes:

trickskier
12-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I might go in the house.....

for the kid's sake

Merry Christmas Milk! If you get to FL look me up! :D

12-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Alright :D but be prepared to buy some turkeys and toys in the AM.. Oh and you'll have to give your subordinate a raise and make him your partner...:rolleyes:
Negative. I wont need any of that. I have no subordinate. I will buy no turkeys or toys.
(insert vader voice here) You under estimate the power of the dark side of the Force.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/vader2.jpg

dont forget Spengler, Stantz, Zedmore, and Venkman are on MY side of the field.
http://www.luxor.nl/Ghostbusters%20II.jpg

TMCNo1
12-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I didn't realize that you spent Christmas with TMC#1!!!!!!!!:D :firejump: :uglyhamme

Wow, you got rid of your headache!

Monte
12-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Negative. I wont need any of that. I have no subordinate. I will buy no turkeys or toys.
(insert vader voice here) You under estimate the power of the dark side of the Force.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/vader2.jpg

dont forget Spengler, Stantz, Zedmore, and Venkman are on MY side of the field.
http://www.luxor.nl/Ghostbusters%20II.jpg

the last one looks kind of like vader.... I'd be skeered:toast:

dapicatti
12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Entire family comes to our house......lots of fun with the in laws for a week. It's always so pleasant when the last one drives off. Love the family- in small doses.

fletch_n_me
12-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Man, I have a big change coming here. Spending the holiday with my soon-to-be in-laws and my fiance in Georgia. I am the youngest of 8...my mom is the oldest of 11...my dad is a twin but in the middle of of 8 (yeah, we're catholic).

So my fiance is one of two, her mom and dad are only children....I have 13 nieces and nephews and feel like it wil be hard to get through a holiday season without the chaos that is my family.

I know christmas with a ton of kids is a pain in the arss but that makes it all worth it. I guess I am worried that she will never want that to deal with my way of life.

Any ideas? I have T-minus three days till I leave Colorado.J

'02xrider
12-13-2006, 01:09 AM
A beautiful day on a lake of glass while everyone else is at home!

suedv
12-13-2006, 06:35 AM
Man, I have a big change coming here. Spending the holiday with my soon-to-be in-laws and my fiance in Georgia. I am the youngest of 8...my mom is the oldest of 11...my dad is a twin but in the middle of of 8 (yeah, we're catholic).

So my fiance is one of two, her mom and dad are only children....I have 13 nieces and nephews and feel like it wil be hard to get through a holiday season without the chaos that is my family.

I know christmas with a ton of kids is a pain in the arss but that makes it all worth it. I guess I am worried that she will never want that to deal with my way of life.

Just work on learning to enjoying the peace and quiet. It'll be good for your relationship.

Leroy
12-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Enjoy it Fletch! I'm the other way, I'm an only child with essentially no family around and my wife has 5 siblings and each have bunch of kids. I prefer Xmas with my wife's family.

Datdude
12-13-2006, 10:31 AM

I am in the same situation as your fiancee. I come from a small family and my wife's family is huge. We have been together 5 years and I am just now getting used to it. Everyone in the family is very nice which helps. Be patient with her while she gets used to that type of event. The worst part for me was reciting my life story 25 times in one night. Everyone wants to get to know you when you are the new person and that can get a little old. We are fortunate enough to have my wife's family Christmas events before Christmas so we are able to spend time with both of our families and not have to chose one or the other.

This year we are going to visit my parents in Naples, FL. I just found out that we may be going to Hawaii for Christmas next year which would be sweet! Happy holidays everyone!

chudson
12-13-2006, 10:57 AM

Here's what you do, tell the inlaws to start coming in from the east you come from the west. You invade Kansas and take it over (It can't be that hard) declare it your state. Invite the whole family to YOUR state for Christmas, that'll impress em all and you just have a great Holiday

jbfootin
12-13-2006, 11:27 AM
I am staying near home for hte holidays, but this weekend we are going on a 6 hr car ride to central IL to see in-laws. :( It sucked when it was just me and the wife...now with 3 kids, 5 and under it is even worse!

Maristar210
12-13-2006, 11:57 AM
I am staying near home for hte holidays, but this weekend we are going on a 6 hr car ride to central IL to see in-laws. :( It sucked when it was just me and the wife...now with 3 kids, 5 and under it is even worse!

Well at least you are remaining positive about it:D

12-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Here's what you do, tell the inlaws to start coming in from the east you come from the west. You invade Kansas and take it over (It can't be that hard) declare it your state. Invite the whole family to YOUR state for Christmas, that'll impress em all and you just have a great Holiday
You are a genious. I want you on my team.

jbfootin
12-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Well at least you are remaining positive about it:D
bah-humbug! ;) If people didn't complain about in-laws, what would we do!

WTRSK1R
12-13-2006, 11:23 PM
This is the first time in 10 years, and only the second time in over 20 that we are just staying home. Lookin forward to just kickin back and hittin the local ski hill (bump). Its a small hill, but only 5 minutes from the house. :D

kwood
12-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Who has to work on Christmas?

kazzapped
12-14-2006, 08:39 PM
work on christmas.. ouch .. not for me or anyone in the family
im staying in the city for christmas but going the Big White, BC to snowboard and party hard for new years:headbang:

dmayer84
12-14-2006, 08:41 PM
I could work on Christmas if i chose to, I would be gettin paid 3 times normal pay to. Too bad someone else already has it.

fletch_n_me
12-15-2006, 12:28 AM
I am in the same situation as your fiancee. I come from a small family and my wife's family is huge. We have been together 5 years and I am just now getting used to it. Everyone in the family is very nice which helps. Be patient with her while she gets used to that type of event. The worst part for me was reciting my life story 25 times in one night. Everyone wants to get to know you when you are the new person and that can get a little old. We are fortunate enough to have my wife's family Christmas events before Christmas so we are able to spend time with both of our families and not have to chose one or the other.

This year we are going to visit my parents in Naples, FL. I just found out that we may be going to Hawaii for Christmas next year which would be sweet! Happy holidays everyone!

Yeah man, and by the way, the whistles go WOOOOOOO! I had a great talk with the fiance this evening. Her family is awesome and she said that she is envious of mine. (My brothers and bros-in-laws tend to hole-up in a study so we can have some cocktails and tie one on until the kids stop screaching).

I was freaking out about nothing I guess. I guess we all get hypersensitive when it comes to these changes. I am just used to paranha-like kids and mucho booze and she is used to salad forks and apres cocktails. We'll figure it out I guess. Thanks ya'll for the help.JJ

88 PS190
12-15-2006, 12:50 AM
I said going home, because I'm not going anywhere to see family, but i'll be going up north to Traverse City, wonder if there'll be any snow, that'd be nice.