PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Upgrading

rodltg2
12-27-2004, 08:02 PM
i want to add a custom stereo to my 197. i dont want to put the subs under the observers seat due to the fact i dont want to compromise room . has anyone built a box to fit under the back seat? i want to possibly get one made out of fiberglass.

crdickey
12-28-2004, 12:28 AM
My 197 has a 10" sub in the kick panel under the dash in the drivers footwell. This is also where the 6 disc CD changer is mounted. Clean install, works great and no loss of space. I do not use my back seat because I like the room and when pulling boarders, I fill the X-7 Fat Sack ballast bag which lays on the floor where the back seat would go.

Pictures available, when it stops raining outside!

thomasr7
01-06-2005, 10:37 PM
It took some doing and several tries with paper models but I built 2 individual subwoofer boxes that fit up underneath the feet of the drivers seat in my prostar 197. I removed the kick panel with the face plate where they put the stock sub but didn't just put a sub in there. Putting a sub there with no cabinet really limits the quality of the base you can get. I had to build two separate cabinets that gave just about .6 cubic feet of air with some rockford punch 10" subwoofers. I had to remount the perfect pass to the top of the underneath dash but it worked fine. I put all of the amplifiers mounted on a rack mounted vertically right inside the opening underneath the passenger seat so I wouldn't lose too much room. I have a total of 6 regular 6.5" speakers (2 front, 2 engine box, 2 rear with an amp that is 65 watts to each one, I have the top tower speakers with the stock 110 watts each amplifier and then an 850 watt amp for the subs (brand is audiobaun for the amps). To play it safe I also put in a dual battery system with a battery isolator to keep the draw from the stereo separate from the starting battery.

/Scott

rodltg2
01-07-2005, 05:22 PM
sounds like you have a killer stereo, do you have any pics?

OhioProstar
01-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Rodltg2 is right....need Pics. :)