PDA

View Full Version : Pasties on Travel Channel!

TMCNo1
12-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Yesterday Mark DeCarlo visited a company in the UP of Michigan that made "Pasties" in one of his food finds episodes. I had seen it before and really didn't pay much arrention, but this time it was different. UMP and Mag Mania made it more interesting this time! Actually, they are kind of neat, now that I have a history lesson!
Thanks guys, you too UMP!

Leroy
12-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Interesting stuff TMCNO1!

In Grass Valley and Nevada City CA Cornish pasties were a traditional meal to give to the miners before going down in the mine for the day. Several restaurants offer them now but I never tried one.

MEAL IN HAND
The pasty, a mini-pie of beef, potatoes, and onions, was a staple for Cornish miners. Today, Marshall’s Pasties serves up several varieties, including ham and cheese, turkey, and apple. 203 Mill St., Grass Valley, (530) 272-2844.

http://www.world66.com/northamerica/unitedstates/california/goldcountry/nevadacity

http://www.world66.com/northamerica/unitedstates/california/goldcountry/nevadacity

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-10-2006, 10:28 AM
TRU DAT! Pasties are of cornish origin, and were popular with Miners. The Finnish people brought them to da UP as far as I know. and yes, miners ate them often and still eat them today. We often ate pasties for lunch when I worked at the iron mine. just for tradition I guess.

woody
12-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Ahhh Pasties - if you're in need of stodge to give you some fuel for that fifth set of the day there is nothing better

Leroy
12-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey Woody; From your location you might give us some orginal insight!

woody
12-10-2006, 11:38 AM
its a big lump of stewed meat and vegetables wrapped in pastry, pretty hard pastry so it won't get knocked about down the mines, and kept the insides clean inthe days before shrink wrap so originally people didn't eat the pastry unless starving because it would be covered in tin ore, or coal dust.

Now adays rather than just being a cottage industry, Ginsters pasties are found in pretty much every supermarket and interstate gas station in the country........ beats an old soggy sandwich any day.;)

check out http://www.ginsters.com/index.htm

12-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Pasties Rule, they just rule! I love em!

milkmania
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
I keep google searching and I don't ever find the food:(

TMCNo1
12-10-2006, 04:01 PM
I keep google searching and I don't ever find the food:(

UMPastie posted some pics and a couple website links sometime back, but I could not find them through search, so I just started a seperate thread.

TMCNo1
12-10-2006, 04:05 PM
TRU DAT! Pasties are of cornish origin, and were popular with Miners. The Finnish people brought them to da UP as far as I know. and yes, miners ate them often and still eat them today. We often ate pasties for lunch when I worked at the iron mine. just for tradition I guess.

In Mark's segment his gave the ethnic/mining history for their origin and visited a bakery/cafe that had a simulated mine to demonstrate the food and it's experience. Really unique product!

suedv
12-10-2006, 04:20 PM

Sorry momentary threadjack. UMP what mine did you work at? I went on a tour of the Tilden mine a few years back. Those trucks are amazing. The tires are HUGE! Quite the operation up there.

OK, now back to pasties. I had some while I was up there (before I knew I couldn't eat them because of the gluten in the crusts). They tasted very good.

Mikey
12-10-2006, 07:00 PM
I sure do miss eating those pasties. People down here in the south dont know what they are. I had thought about opening a pasty shop here in shreveport. It may be a big hit or it may just be a flop. I dont like to take big risks so I guess I will never know.

12-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Sorry momentary threadjack. UMP what mine did you work at? I went on a tour of the Tilden mine a few years back. Those trucks are amazing. The tires are HUGE! Quite the operation up there.

OK, now back to pasties. I had some while I was up there (before I knew I couldn't eat them because of the gluten in the crusts). They tasted very good.
Sue, I worked at Tilden. Sh**ty job. I hated it. dirty, dirty, dirty. nasty. lots of health risks. lots of them unseen too, lung problems, etc...

Mikey, dont your mom send you some frozen pasties?:( I will talk to her next time I see her!:) Maybe I can "guilt" her into sending you some:D

Hoosier Bob
12-10-2006, 08:54 PM
How about we post some pics of "Pasties?" I would but I think that may have been what got the Hoosier thread banned!8p

suedv
12-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Sue, I worked at Tilden. Sh**ty job. I hated it. dirty, dirty, dirty. nasty. lots of health risks. lots of them unseen too, lung problems, etc...

UMP, I can see why that wouldn't be a great place to work. There was red dust everywhere. Still, I've never seen such big trucks and truck tires before in my life.

Back to pasties again. The ones we bought had rutabaga in them. I really like the taste of rutabaga, but Rick thinks he doesn't like it. I loved it because he liked the pasties and then found out they had rutabaga in them. Score... they disguised food that I like so my family will eat it. ;)

So, do pasties usually have rutabaga in them?

12-11-2006, 09:40 AM
UMP, I can see why that wouldn't be a great place to work. There was red dust everywhere. Still, I've never seen such big trucks and truck tires before in my life.

Back to pasties again. The ones we bought had rutabaga in them. I really like the taste of rutabaga, but Rick thinks he doesn't like it. I loved it because he liked the pasties and then found out they had rutabaga in them. Score... they disguised food that I like so my family will eat it. ;)

So, do pasties usually have rutabaga in them?

Sue,
The Rutabaga seems to be the big debate concerning pasties. I personally dont like it. I think it dominates the taste, and ruins the pastie. I dont like it. I just like the standard onion, carrots, potato, and pasty meat mix. some people make them in pie form, which I dont care for either. I like the independant pastry style.

The Tilden.....ugh....yea, the tires are really big. I didnt work in the pit, but had to go down there a few times in a pickup truck, I remember the safety procedures we needed to drive in teh pit, cuz the big dump trucks cant see you all the time, so YOU gotta be careful not to get run over. :eek3: expecially scary at night!

WilliM1940
12-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Pastie recipe and picture
http://www.recipezaar.com/181410

Mikey
12-11-2006, 01:53 PM

Mikey, dont your mom send you some frozen pasties?:( I will talk to her next time I see her!:) Maybe I can "guilt" her into sending you some:D

Speaking of dirty jobs with a health risk. I just found out that my uncle Dan who retired from Celotex just found out that he only has weeks or maybe a couple of months to live due to Cancer that he most likely got from working at the plant.:( I havnt seen him in years and it looks like I probably wont get a chance to before he passes.

How long ago did you work at Tilden? Did you work with my old neighbor Boozer?

My mom doesnt send me pasties but I do try to take some home when I visit there. I also try to bring home some volwerths products, I miss that stuff as much as pasties.

12-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Speaking of dirty jobs with a health risk. I just found out that my uncle Dan who retired from Celotex just found out that he only has weeks or maybe a couple of months to live due to Cancer that he most likely got from working at the plant. I havnt seen him in years and it looks like I probably wont get a chance to before he passes.

How long ago did you work at Tilden? Did you work with my old neighbor Boozer?

My mom doesnt send me pasties but I do try to take some home when I visit there. I also try to bring home some volwerths products, I miss that stuff as much as pasties.
He11 yea I worked with Boozer! he was my little league coach too! Heckuva guy! :) I know about your uncle Dan, Mikey. :( I heard last week. My mom was going to visit him. My uncle ended up dying of that same thing, from the same place. :( not fun.

Volwerth's products RULE! Period, end of story.

TMCNo1
12-11-2006, 02:17 PM

Don't they make a variety of cookies? If it is, those are some richeous cookies. We can get them here in the South at specialty food stores and high end grocery stores.

Mikey
12-11-2006, 02:18 PM
He11 yea I worked with Boozer! he was my little league coach too! Heckuva guy! I know about your uncle Dan, Mikey. :( I heard last week. My mom was going to visit him. My uncle ended up dying of that same thing, from the same place. :( not fun.

I spent alot of time out at camp with uncle dan. Lots of good memories. Im gonna try to give him a call this evening. Hopefully he will still be around the next time I make it up there for a visit. Sorry to hear about your uncle.:( Apparently it is a common health problem with some of the older long time employees there.

I used to borrow tools from boozer to fix all of my stuff. It seems that guy had just about any tool that anyone would ever need. I also used to do alot of trout fishing with boozer out in Alston at someones camp (cant remember who's), I think it was on the Sturgeon river but I cant remember, its been a long time.

I wont eat a hotdog unless its a Volwerths!

Alright I am done threadjacking the beloved "Pastie Thread" :D

12-11-2006, 02:21 PM
I spent alot of time out at camp with uncle dan. Lots of good memories. Im gonna try to give him a call this evening. Hopefully he will still be around the next time I make it up there for a visit. Sorry to hear about your uncle.:( Apparently it is a common health problem with some of the older long time employees there.

I used to borrow tools from boozer to fix all of my stuff. It seems that guy had just about any tool that anyone would ever need. I also used to do alot of trout fishing with boozer out in Alston at someones camp (cant remember who's), I think it was on the Sturgeon river but I cant remember, its been a long time.

I wont eat a hotdog unless its a Volwerths!

Alright I am done threadjacking the beloved "Pastie Thread" :D
Mikey, its OK to threadjack a pastie thread, as long as its about Yooper stuff! like Volwerths!

TMCNo1
12-11-2006, 04:07 PM
All this talk of food got's my stomach to breakdancin' and I'm gonna go down to Kenny Rogers Fried Chicken and eat till I likes country music!

rcnjson
12-11-2006, 04:33 PM
I am not as far north as the UP but we still have pasties in all the grocery stores around here. The brand that I remember is Reynolds, they come in a blue and white box. There is another brand that has all sorts of wierd flavors like chicken, the aforementioned rutabega, mexican... I believe there is still a pasty restaurant (Teddy Wedgers) right off of State St. in the People's Republic of Madison. I haven't visited there in a while out of fear of persecution of my conservative beliefs.
k

skeeler
12-12-2006, 03:05 PM
I order nothing less than the "Party Pack" from pastease.com for all my parties! They don't call it the Party Pack for nothing!

12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
I order nothing less than the "Party Pack" from pastease.com for all my parties! They don't call it the Party Pack for nothing!
uh....wrong type of "pastie" skeeler......we arent talking about the stripper variety. this is the kind you get at a restaurant.

skeeler
12-12-2006, 03:12 PM
uh....wrong type of "pastie" skeeler......we arent talking about the stripper variety. this is the kind you get at a restaurant.
Are you telling me there are more than one type? I am going to have to sit down, my head hurts....:D

Sodar
12-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Are you telling me there are more than one type? I am going to have to sit down, my head hurts....:D

I must say I was VERY disappointed when I started reading this thread. What a let down! :mad:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I must say I was VERY disappointed when I started reading this thread. What a let down! :mad:
And I checked it right after Skeeler posted.....I was expecting MUCH different.... Beau was probably thinking the same thing as I....:rolleyes:

skeeler
12-12-2006, 03:31 PM
And I checked it right after Skeeler posted.....I was expecting MUCH different.... Beau was probably thinking the same thing as I....:rolleyes:
I will send you a PM with an image, as soon as I can. I would hate to let anyone down! :D

suedv
01-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Hey UMP, we have them down here too. :)

I was driving through a rural part of Newaygo County yesterday for work and saw a resturant that sold pasties. I turned around and stopped to take a picture just for you.

suedv
01-05-2007, 01:51 PM
A better look at the sign

01-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Sue my sista! did you buy a pasty? I am thinking I will have to get one when I get home. thanks for the pics! that was great!:) glad to know yoos guys got pasties down der too, dontchano! :D

Leroy
04-09-2007, 01:17 AM
UMP! I'm making pasties this week for the family. Tell me your best recipe. I've been searching and found this. From here: http://www.hu.mtu.edu/vup/pasty/recipes.htm

Upper peninsula Pasties

4 c. flour, 2 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 c. shortening, yellow Fluffo, 10 T. ice water, 2
lbs. round steak, 5 peeled and chopped large potatoes, 1 (1 1/2 c.) small
cubed turnip or rutabaga, 1 to 2 large onion, finely chopped, 1 T. salt, 1
tsp. fresh ground pepper

In a large chilled bowl combine sifted flour and salt. Cut in shortening (I use yellow Fluffo for a nice color and texture) with a pastry blender or two knifes until the mixture looks like coarse corn meal. I rub the flour and ft together with my fingers quickly to produce the coarse crumb. Pour in ice water, toss and gather into a ball. Add more water if necessary to hold dough together. Divide dough into 6 equal parts. Dust each ball with flour and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour or more.

In a large mixing bowl combine round steak which has been trimmed of all excess fat and cut into 1/4 inch cubes with peeled and chopped potatoes, scraped and diced or bued turnip, finely chopped onion, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly so that seasoning will be well blended.

Roll out each ball of dough on a lightly floured board to 1/4 inch thick circle. Place 1 1/2 cups of filling on circle. Fold up one side of circle. Fold up one side of circle, then fold over the other side. Pinch edges of dough together enclosing the filling, forming a double thick band of dough along the seam. Moisten edged and crimp into a decorated edge with the fingers. Slash a vent in the top for steam to escape. Place on cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown. Delicious served with catsup or chili sauce. Paula Sadak Munising BPW club

04-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Leroy, IXNAY them dayum rudabagas! :rant:

That recipe came from my alma mater website, and I am embarrased! that is not a Yooper pasty! they should be ashamed of themselves for posting that. Thats a pseudo pasty. I am not biching at you, but at them. Thats the strangest pasty recipe I have ever seen. no carrots and no pork...?? wow thats strange. OK lets get you on teh right track!:)

Rudabagas ruin a pasty in my opinion and alot of peoples. Try it without it first as it can totally dominate the taste. if you REALLY like Radabagas, then add them, but I really stress making them without it first. Trust me on this.

OK. There are lots of variations, everyone has their own like tweaks on this, but here are some basic guidelines that will get you great pasties.

Its the way my family makes them.

Just about any good pie dough crust recipe will be OK. look around the net, or use your mom's pie dough recipe, or get one off the can of crisco. use enough to make about 8 -10 pie crusts. Nothing fancy there. Just make pie dough from scratch and roll out thin like your going to put it into a pie pan. make it around 12" in diameter. As far as the filling goes, well, your at a bit of a geographical disadvantage for pasty meat as your not in da UP where its easily obtainable. Try this, go to a very good butcher shop in your area that does custom cuts of meat. ask them if they will do a custom grind for you. true pasty meat is a combination of beef and pork that is custom ground through a hamburger grinder with a VERY LARGE grind. you know how hamburger comes out of a meat grinder looking like spaghetti noodles? well you want pasty meat to be MUCH larger to look like ski rope size. bout 3/8" diameter grind. have the butcher mix the pasty meat as 2 parts beef to 1 part pork, course ground with a large grind plate. ONLY run the meat thru ONCE! Any decent butcher shop should be able to handle this. check around and find one that will do it. My dad used to grind this himself for our grocery store back in the day. I just got off the phone with him about the details. He said just about any good butcher should do this for you with no problems if you explain it.

THESE ARE GUIDELINES! you can vary the amount of each ingredient per your tastes! and also vary the mixture of beef to pork.

filling ingredients:

3lbs. Potatoes, peeled & diced small
1/2 of a large bag of Carrots, peeled & diced small
1 large onion, diced small
and 3 lbs. pasty meat

mix it all in a large bowl with your hands. and season with salt & pepper. take a small salad bowl and use that for your "measuring cup" for the pasty. fill bowl with the pasty filling,
and scoop it out and place it on one half of the circular pie dough, place 1 pad of butter in each pastie before you close it up and fold the empty half of the dough over and close it up by crimping the dough in those fancy styles that the pro-bakers use;)

bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 for 60 to 75 minutes or so until its golden brown. once cooked, you can wrap and freeze them and re-heat them to eat in a microwave or in the oven. They are very good this way too.

Leroy, you have my # and you can call me if you want and I can answer any questions you have. I want to know how they come out.

before long, you will be wearing swampers and drinking old milwaukee, eh!

Leroy
04-09-2007, 12:40 PM
UMP: :worthy: :worthy: I really did not want to put ruddybaggers in my pastie!

I think this will be an interesting conversation with the butcher!

I'm going to try your recipe below. I have the pierogie maker tool, but that is too small for pasties. Will just have to use my fingers I guess. I think I'll make them later this week.

04-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Your butcher is your friend! at least thats what that strange looking guy that works at the post office keeps telling me....:confused: ;)

Yea, I would like to hear that converstation!

"So listen mr. meat cutter, can you custom grind me some Pasty meat?"

"some what?"

"pasty meat."

"whats that?"

"well, you see (leroy explains the pastie concept)..."

"uh huh....uh.....did you see these beautiful pork chops we have on sale? maybe you would like them instead?"

Leroy, just remember to say "Eh" after evertyhing you say, that might help. :D Good luck! call me from the butcher shop on your cell phone if need be, or better yet, call Pappa UMP and give your phone to da butcher & he can spleen it to him, I mean splain it to him!:D

Datdude
04-10-2007, 12:00 PM
The grocery store here in town had someone cooking pasties and giving samples with this spicy ketchup about a year ago. It was something like Toivo and Eno's or something like that........does it sound familiar? I think the bottle had a bright yellow label on it? I bought a bottle with the pasties and it was excellent, but now I can not find it again. The weird thing is that I like everything in a pastie, but I get sick everytime I eat one:confused:

04-10-2007, 12:36 PM
For the record, Pasties should not have ANY condiments added to them. If they are good pasties, you wont desire any catsup on them. If they are not so great pasties, you may need to doctor them up with catsup. I usually do that with some store bought pasties. Home made pasties generally dont need catsup. and there is a VERY strong pastie rule: NEVER, EVER put gravy on a pastie!:noface:

Datdude, bummer you get ill from them. If I had to guess, I would say its the crust that is doing it. if you think about it, you are eating an entire pie crust. thats alot. and most of them are not light flaky crusts, they are much "heavier". tahts my guess. when you eat a piece of blueberry pie or something, you only eating a small portion of the dough. Try eating a pastie, but only eat half of the crust. that may help. :twocents:

Leroy
04-10-2007, 01:45 PM
UMP, how about using tortilla shells for the wrap, Pas-Mex or Mi-Mex cooking? Almost north of the border and south of the border?

:D JK! Hope to make tomorrow night.

04-10-2007, 01:48 PM
UMP, how about using tortilla shells for the wrap, Pas-Mex or Mi-Mex cooking? Almost north of the border and south of the border?

:D JK! Hope to make tomorrow night.
OK, I will be having dinner with the parental units tomarrow eve with hte new hound, so if you need help give me a call. SOUNDS GREAT! Good luck :toast:

dmayer84
04-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Pasties are on the food network right now

dmayer84
04-27-2007, 12:08 AM
"Many attempts have been made to make pasties Michigan's officail food"

Leroy
04-27-2007, 12:29 AM
A pie in every pocket! I missed it now they are making homemade poptarts :(

TMCNo1
04-27-2007, 07:18 AM
[QUOTE=Leroy]UMP, how about using tortilla shells for the wrap, Pas-Mex or Mi-Mex cooking? Almost north of the border and south of the border?

QUOTE]

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, can't grab on to the idea of a PACO, Pastitaco, Pasturrito, or Nevermind, gotta go hurl!

Leroy
04-27-2007, 08:10 AM
TMC1; I think this pushed UMP over the edge also.

[quote=Leroy]UMP, how about using tortilla shells for the wrap, Pas-Mex or Mi-Mex cooking? Almost north of the border and south of the border?

QUOTE]

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, can't grab on to the idea of a Pastitaco, Pasturrito, or Nevermind, gotta go hurl!

04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
TMC1; I think this pushed UMP over the edge also.

I think I am having Pasty tonite for dinner!:D

sizzler
04-27-2007, 10:26 AM
if you ever come to england.....head on down to cornwall in the south west...its the ONLY place to sample pasties ........

i am off down there in a couple of weeks for a surfing weekend....i will take photos of the aforementioned beauties.....

SNOOTYSKIER
04-27-2007, 06:22 PM
along with some of that Old Milwaukee beer you keep raving about?:rolleyes:

Leroy
05-01-2007, 08:06 PM
OK, how was it? I'm in Taiwan this week so no cooking for me.

05-02-2007, 09:28 AM
OK, how was it? I'm in Taiwan this week so no cooking for me.
It was kick @$$!!! Pasties rule Leroy! So your in Taiwan huh? do me a favor and let them know that shirt I bought last year has some defects and I want them fixed! 8p ;)

Rock on my friend!:D

nuckinfutz
05-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Damn it... When I see the "Pasties on Travel Channel" in a topic... I'm thinking about the Strip joints that display pasties on the hoo hoo's. Not a delightfully tasty treat.

Rapunzl
05-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Dude,
I've heard of "Pasties", but I usually wear 'em under my lowcut/lowback dresses!! You actually eat them??!! Could be really fun, hehehe...

mtnsun
05-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Ohhh, I miss them so much. Now that I am living here in Colorado, anytime I say the word "Pastie" people look at me like i'm smoking crack! They are amazing. My friends Grandma made them for us when I was living in Michigan. I spent a lot of time up in the UP of Michigan and they are everwhere.
Ohhh, I miss the days of sitting on the ore docks and watching the big boats come in to pick up loads of Iron Ore. Drinking PBR & Old Mud, jumping out the 3 rd story windows of the dorm at NMU into the snow! Those were the days! "Pasties Rock!"

Leroy
05-27-2007, 05:50 PM
UMP;

They said tough ruck, it was so cheap just go buy another one!

Tonight is the night, following your recipe. Will put in before mass tonight and hope to come home to finished pasties!

Your recipe really makes a big batch of pasties!

It was kick @$$!!! Pasties rule Leroy! So your in Taiwan huh? do me a favor and let them know that shirt I bought last year has some defects and I want them fixed! 8p ;)

Rock on my friend!:D

05-28-2007, 07:35 PM
UMP;

Tonight is the night, following your recipe. Will put in before mass tonight and hope to come home to finished pasties!

TALK TO ME LEROY!!!! HOW DID THOSE PASITES TURN OUT?????????:confused:

05-28-2007, 08:45 PM
UMP;

TALK TO ME LEROY!!!! HOW DID THEM PASTIES TURN OUT???????:confused: :confused:

TMCNo1
05-28-2007, 09:01 PM
TALK TO ME LEROY!!!! HOW DID THEM PASTIES TURN OUT???????

I saw Pasties on the Food Network the other night and about eat the TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: 8p :D

fintek9
05-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey, If yous only knew what da "real" thing tasted like eh, UMP....I see from past blogs that Mag Mania could be a yooper???or atleast knows a true pastie!!! my grandpa worked in the White pine mines for 20 yrs, as did a lot of my relatives.... the pastie is a main stay food source! Gramps used to put them under his shirt, when he went in to the mines, to keep them warm!... plus it would keep the bugs and such from ruining there lunch....I love dem made with venison and rutabagas, carrots

Just like owning a MC.. if you have'nt had one,,YOU DON"T KNOW......

milkmania
05-28-2007, 09:47 PM
UMP;

looks like corned beef hash with carrots:twocents:

Leroy
05-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey UMP: I have couple more pictures as soon as I find the small digital camera.
I want to see if I did it right as I could not find a picture of a pastie anywhere.

Everyone ate them and like them. I would have liked a few green veggies in them like green beans. The mix made 6 pasties where I took a full pie shell, stuffing in half and folded over.

I'll have pasties this week for lunch!

05-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey UMP: I have couple more pictures as soon as I find the small digital camera.
I want to see if I did it right as I could not find a picture of a pastie anywhere.

Everyone ate them and like them. I would have liked a few green veggies in them like green beans. The mix made 6 pasties where I took a full pie shell, stuffing in half and folded over.

I'll have pasties this week for lunch!
Leroy! liking the pasties! you closet Yooper!! :D keep this up and you will be drinkin old milwaukee and wearing swampers. ;) AWESOME!!!!! wat to go Leroy! Glad you and your family enjoyed them!!!:D

jclose8
05-30-2007, 11:36 AM
OK, my favorite pasty's are Jean Kays. The place is barely half a mile down the road from my desk right now. I drive by every day. I HIGHLY recommend that some of you who are curious about pasty's order some from their website. (http://www.jeankays.com/index.htm)
They ship anywhere.

Now... <slight hijack, but relevant> Also on the Travel Channel, on the show "most amazing lake homes" (or something like that) the #1 lake home in the U.S. is Granot Loma (http://www.granotloma.com/)... which is about 20 miles north of me. It is really amazing. If you happen to see that show on Travel, check it out.

05-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Well Leroy???????? pictures????? pasties???? :confused:

Leroy
05-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Tell me UMP?

Had one for dinner and one for lunch today!

05-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Tell me UMP?

Had one for dinner and one for lunch today!
Looks good to me!! Rock on Leroy! :D