PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot Schools

No Skeez
12-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm kicking around the idea of going to a barefoot school over the winter... Pretty much narrowed down my choices to KSO's school and Scarpa's. If anyone's been to either, please share some advice / suggestions.

Worst case, I have no problem going to KSO's strictly on the basis he is a MasterCraft sponsored athlete!

ZZMCFOOT
12-09-2006, 04:28 PM
I don't think you could go wrong with either, but I'd lean more towards KSO. He is the World Champ. Also, at Scarpa's you are not guaranteed to have Ron as your instructor.

Here is a link to Barefootcentral's reviews:http://www.barefootcentral.com/Barefoot_Training.htm. They might be a little biased beacause they sponsor Keith but their new training facility and equipment looks top notch.

atlfootr
12-10-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm kicking around the idea of going to a barefoot school over the winter... Pretty much narrowed down my choices to KSO's school and Scarpa's. If anyone's been to either, please share some advice / suggestions.

Worst case, I have no problem going to KSO's strictly on the basis he is a MasterCraft sponsored athlete!
I've been to ALL OF THEM & MORE ...
Suggest that since there both located here in Winter Haven, and there both only 20 minutes apart that you try each.

I'd personally, do either a couple full days or 1/2 days @ both .
Attending KSO's Guilding Sole simple because he's sponsored by MC is foolish ... The reason you should go to Keith's is because of what he's accomplished as a professional barefooter.

And if, you do attend Scarpa's and don't get Ron as an instructor while your there it won't be ither wasted time nor monies.
He has a couple of really good assistance's who help him daily w/ his students.
All who are either World / National or USA TEAM ELITE. :D
So in esence, your still in good hands.

Look me up while your here, we'll throw some shrimp on the barbie :toast:

No Skeez
12-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm sorry if I was misunderstood in stating I would attend KSO's school simply because of a sponsorship arrangement. I meant if I needed one final decision maker between the two schools (Scarpa's and Keith's). I have narrowed my choices down to these two schools for many reasons, including the accomplishments ALL the instructors at the camps have achieved. Be it Paul McDonald, Ron, Keith or whoever, they are obviously MORE than qualified as instructors and accomplished professionals.

I'm just looking for feedback from any who have attended either school. Thanks for the input so far, and ATLFootr, I'd be happy to bring some good 'ole Wisconsin brewed Leinenkugels to a fellow footin' friend!

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Although I have not been down to the ski schools in Florida, I have skied with Paul M. for a number of years at clinics here in Wisconsin. Along with having a great time, I have learned a great deal from him. Several friends have skied with Ron and have great things to say about him as well. I've talked to Keith a few times at Footstock and he is first rate guy as well. The bottom line is.... your time and money will be well spent with any of them.

atlfootr
12-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the input so far, and ATLFootr, I'd be happy to bring some good 'ole Wisconsin brewed Leinenkugels to a fellow footin' friend!Jus' bring down cases's of MICKEY'S instead, that'll make my day! :cool:

jjsosnowski
12-12-2006, 06:45 PM
I would go with kso. hes the man,set new world records. I have skied with kso for many years at clinics and cant say enough good things about him. skied with him last year day before christmas eve. nothing like footing while listening to frosty the snow man cranked up on stereo and footen at 40 mph.going to be in florida again over x-mas but talked with kso and he's flying out early this year to go home for holidays.Going to go back in spring to ski with kso. good luck.