PDA

View Full Version : Pictures................

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Fun in Michigan.............

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 10:17 PM
This was fun................

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 10:18 PM
pq2.......See....We can drive on the beachs too....;)

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Puddles.......

Hoosier Bob
12-08-2006, 10:19 PM
What is your handle good buddy? Is that a CB radio antenna or Ham?:D
Nice pics WFT but once again NO HOOSIER! If you ain't got Hoosier what have you really got?:o

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Car wash was clogged.....

suedv
12-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Looks like Silver Lake State Park. Was it?

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Looks like Silver Lake State Park. Was it?
Yup...Been there dozens of times..

Leroy
12-08-2006, 10:55 PM
What was the event? 4x4 rally?

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Last trip out last season.....(That was one snow fall's worth on the ground)

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 10:58 PM
What was the event? 4x4 rally?
Nope, just an regular saturday in the summer......:D

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 11:06 PM
What is your handle good buddy?
How about some dirtbike pics HB.... I got one for yah... After you....:D

suedv
12-08-2006, 11:10 PM
pq2.......See....We can drive on the beachs too....;)

It's the only beach in MI they let people drive on. It a very popular park for off road vehicles... always a busy party atmosphere.

I used to love that park as a little kid. It was about an hour from our house so we went frequently. When I was little I liked it because the water in Silver Lake is so shallow; I would play in the water for hours.

Last time we were there the wind was blowing REALLY hard and everyone felt like they were getting sand blasted. We didn't stay very long.

Hoosier Bob
12-08-2006, 11:16 PM
No one gets me on my bike but once on the kids bike it is on!How about some dirtbike pics HB.... I got one for yah... After you....:D

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 11:34 PM
It's the only beach in MI they let people drive on. It a very popular park for off road vehicles... always a busy party atmosphere.

I used to love that park as a little kid. It was about an hour from our house so we went frequently. When I was little I liked it because the water in Silver Lake is so shallow; I would play in the water for hours.

Last time we were there the wind was blowing REALLY hard and everyone felt like they were getting sand blasted. We didn't stay very long.
If you look behind my truck (The grey one) there is a 20' canopy. We would load that, and about 6 coolers, a grill, and LOTS of chairs in the back of my truck and back it up to the lake and unload. Set up the canopy to block the wind when needed(it has sides too) and we could be there ALL DAY. I'd have either the quad or the Jeep out there too. Most times we'd be with about 15-20 other close friends, but sometimes we'd go with a large group.
I think (excluding the tow rigs) we have probably gone with a group of about 15 "OFF ROAD" Jeeps/trucks.

We have seen LOTS of accidents out there. One of my buddy's rolled his Jeep end over end and landed on the roof.

I'd guess each weekend I have been there, there has been at least one helicopter rescue involved.

It is a fun place, and I enjoy goinng there, but I will say it has gotten kinda crazy and it's not the ideal "kid" spot anymore. It's all (Dare I say) adult play teritory now...

Hoosier Bob
12-08-2006, 11:51 PM
You are an arse! No reply on the Kid on the XR100? I have a bad arse fully modified XR400 and a 2007 semi modifird CRF250R and yu play with that? C'mon WFT I can f you up! Get with the program!:D

Workin' 4 Toys
12-09-2006, 12:51 AM
You are an arse! No reply on the Kid on the XR100? I have a bad arse fully modified XR400 and a 2007 semi modifird CRF250R and yu play with that? C'mon WFT I can f you up! Get with the program!:D
Sorry, I let you down. I can't find that picture I was looking for....:o

So how about a nice pic of a slab of Coreon I picked up......;)

suedv
12-09-2006, 12:53 AM
It is a fun place, and I enjoy goinng there, but I will say it has gotten kinda crazy and it's not the ideal "kid" spot anymore. It's all (Dare I say) adult play teritory now...

I know it has changed a lot. When I was little the Mac Woods rides were about the only thing riding up and down the dunes.

Some of the locals around there love how busy it's gotten because the state park brings a lot of money into the area. Other locals... especially the ones who have been the a long time and have seen the change don't like what it's turned into.

We don't tend to go there much any more because our son wants to be riding on a rope behind the boat on all of our outings and our daughter wants to shop (especially if I'm paying). There are better places to go for those things.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-09-2006, 12:58 AM
I know it has changed a lot. When I was little the Mac Woods rides were about the only thing riding up and down the dunes.

Some of the locals around there love how busy it's gotten because the state park brings a lot of money into the area. Other locals... especially the ones who have been the a long time and have seen the change don't like what it's turned into.

We don't tend to go there much any more because our son wants to be riding on a rope behind the boat on all of our outings and our daughter wants to shop (especially if I'm paying). There are better places to go for those things.
I need to get back in "order";) and then we play again...I am taking a short break from there. I would like to build a Rail Dunebuggy to bring there. But I think I'd be better off building another Multipurpose Jeep.....
Time will tell...

suedv
12-09-2006, 01:02 AM
What's a Rail Dunebuggy?

Workin' 4 Toys
12-09-2006, 01:12 AM
What's a Rail Dunebuggy?
The "rail" is on the left....

suedv
12-09-2006, 10:09 AM
How do you build a rial dune buggy. Do they come in some kind of kit or do you start with a frame and weld things together yourself? Is the rail dune buggy lighter so you can climb the dunes easier? Those front tires look narrow. Seems like they would get stuck in the sand more easily than wide tires. Am I wrong? One more question, without a windshield how do you keep the sand out of your eyes while you dirve?

Sorry so many questions. My small knowledge base on dune rides comes only from my experiences in a Mac Wood's dune scooter.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-09-2006, 10:33 AM
How do you build a rial dune buggy. Do they come in some kind of kit or do you start with a frame and weld things together yourself? Is the rail dune buggy lighter so you can climb the dunes easier? Those front tires look narrow. Seems like they would get stuck in the sand more easily than wide tires. Am I wrong? One more question, without a windshield how do you keep the sand out of your eyes while you dirve?

Sorry so many questions. My small knowledge base on dune rides comes only from my experiences in a Mac Wood's dune scooter.
Start with the engine, and work around that.. Or there are companies that build the chassis, and the rest can be custom.
The front tires are smoothies, narrow and round. Less drag.
The rears have paddles to scoop the sand.
And yes, the lighter the better.

To keep the sand out of your eyes. A bandana over your mouth, and sunglasses.

redmike
12-09-2006, 03:45 PM
If the front tires are hangin, they ain't draggin!!!!

RexDog1
12-10-2006, 02:10 PM

How do you build one? Well they’re a lot of frames builders out there, you can bye a kit frame or one tacked together, then you finish the welding, first you need to know? Would you like a 2 seats or a 4 seats then you need to know what engine you would like? Back in the day all where VW Bug Engines and transmissions
Now they put Corvette and Viper Engines some push over 600HP with over 15” wheel travel and a price tag $75000. + This is a link to one of the best builders out there

http://www.sandrail.com/ (http://www.sandrail.com/)
http://www.sandrail.com/buggies.shtm (http://www.sandrail.com/buggies.shtm)

Most people can build one, it is not that hard to do it, should take you about 3/6 months
And can run somewhere from $10,000. To $200,000+ it all depends on how wild you will go
About no windshield?? My son in the photo will answer that question?????

Yes sand everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!! But it is very very fun!!!!!!!!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Sure do miss this.....:o

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Sure do miss this too.....:o

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:18 AM
World's longest wienie roast.....

RexDog1
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Sure do miss this.....:o

I miss my rope hanger also……………………………………..

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Someone ready to jump in.....:eek:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:24 AM
It was cold that trip...YES that is a NEGATIVE in front of the 40....:firejump: :banana:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:26 AM
a couple friends trying to stay in a "group"....It ain't easy...

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:27 AM
I miss my rope hanger also……………………………………..
Have I got a pic for you....Coming soon....;) It's not mine, but it's REAL close to me...:D

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Under the hood...And it's finally "paid" in full....:D ............................:rolleyes:

Sodar
01-05-2007, 11:31 AM
How do you build one? Well they’re a lot of frames builders out there, you can bye a kit frame or one tacked together, then you finish the welding, first you need to know? Would you like a 2 seats or a 4 seats then you need to know what engine you would like? Back in the day all where VW Bug Engines and transmissions
Now they put Corvette and Viper Engines some push over 600HP with over 15” wheel travel and a price tag $75000. + This is a link to one of the best builders out there

http://www.sandrail.com/ (http://www.sandrail.com/)
http://www.sandrail.com/buggies.shtm (http://www.sandrail.com/buggies.shtm)

Most people can build one, it is not that hard to do it, should take you about 3/6 months
And can run somewhere from $10,000. To $200,000+ it all depends on how wild you will go
About no windshield?? My son in the photo will answer that question?????

Yes sand everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!! But it is very very fun!!!!!!!!!!

Those Prerunner buggies are sooo sick! If I only had $150k to build one :)
http://www.dunebuggy.com/assets/buggypix/large/69-0.jpg

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Anybody on here with GOOD organizational skills wanna help me set this area up...:D

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Jus' the beginning.....

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
First one in gets it....:cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:40 AM
What a wake.....8p

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Headin' out boardin' in Marco Island florida.....:D Boy, it sure is rough a crowded down there.....:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Our "spot" the day the boats got winterized....:o

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Great day at the races....

RexDog1
01-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Anybody on here with GOOD organizational skills wanna help me set this area up...:D

Finished ..................

Maristar210
01-05-2007, 12:52 PM

Looks done to me.... well at least for a Seal Clubber:D

RexDog1
01-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Have I got a pic for you....Coming soon....;) It's not mine, but it's REAL close to me...:D

Is it the one of my girlfriend and me? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_218v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

RexDog1
01-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Looks done to me.... well at least for a Seal Clubber:D

Yep that’s me!!!!!!!!!!

Maristar210
01-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Yep that’s me!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry.... did you say something?

I'm still looking at the pics in your gallery :D

pq2
01-05-2007, 01:17 PM
wow, great pics rex (on your gallery), nice crew

Workin' 4 Toys
01-05-2007, 01:22 PM
That my friend, was HILARIOUS to me.....You got me good....8p

Now, on to other things....You were close....:rolleyes:

RexDog1
01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
That my friend, was HILARIOUS to me.....You got me good....8p

Now, on to other things....You were close....:rolleyes:

Well when my wife reads TT today………..I got some explaininging to do???