PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift discussion

Monte
12-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Ok, wife wants to take up WBg. So I bought her a WB blank for Christmas.. It arrives at the office.. Coworkers find it to be an "appliance" (vaccum cleaner) type gift and suggest I go buy her something else and give her the WB later as a "just b/c" gift.. Seems that since she cannot use it until spring it is a bad Christmas gift... I'm confused...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-08-2006, 02:08 PM
you cant talk about christmas in public monte, its not PC. dontchano:rolleyes:

Monte
12-08-2006, 02:15 PM
you cant talk about christmas in public monte, its not PC. dontchano:rolleyes:

Shhhhh don't tell anyone.... I'll begin hiding now..

RexDog1
12-08-2006, 02:22 PM
When I give my wife a gift that might not go over very well (vacuum cleaner type gift):confused:
I have a back up if I need it…………
Jewelry, Spa gift card, Money to go shopping, or a New Corvette …………8p

And if she likes the (vacuum cleaner type gift) I don’t pull out the back up…….
and have her Valentines gift !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

12-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Shhhhh don't tell anyone.... I'll begin hiding now..
just type in parentheses, that way nobody can see what your typing. it works for me all the time! ;) (see like this, that way you can type things that are not PC)

cbryan70
12-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Rex i like where your head is at

Sodar
12-08-2006, 02:27 PM
When I give my wife a gift that might not go over very well (vacuum cleaner type gift):confused:
Jewelry, Spa gift card, Money to go shopping,…………8p

That is pure genius!

Monte
12-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Jewelry, Spa gift card, Money to go shopping,…………8p

That is a great idea... I will use that one... I never saw the similarity to the vacuum cleaner either.. that was the analogy they used.. I personnaly think she'll love it.. but five of them are women, and so is my wife (I guess you assumed that) thus a mental delimma.

And thanks again!!

milkmania
12-08-2006, 02:30 PM
I get mine the same thing she get's me.......

( )

hint:
it's between the spaces:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Monte- I know you will think I am kidding, but my gift IS going to be a vacuum and a cookbook....;) The cookbook is if the the backup Rex mentioned previously. If neither are good enough, I'll give her the receipt to whatever she gets me and say take it back and keep the change....:purplaugh Give her the WB, that is an awesome gift.

For cryin' out loud, UMP is getting his lady a Lightbulb to heat the house....

Now, if the Mrs. is reading this.... Someone stole my login and password and edited what I really said....:rolleyes:

M-Funf
12-08-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm lost...what's the WBg?:confused:

RexDog1
12-08-2006, 02:57 PM

Wakeboard: The board a wakeboarder rides. Usually between 115 and 145 cm in length, and 15-17 inches wide.

Monte
12-08-2006, 02:58 PM

Wakeboarding condensed. :rolleyes:

Sodar
12-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Wakeboard: The board a wakeboarder rides. Usually between 115 and 145 cm in length, and 15-17 inches wide.

I was lost too... I guess that "WBg" is Team Talk ebonics!!

M-Funf
12-08-2006, 03:00 PM

:uglyhamme: I think I missed it because I don't WB...or whatever you kids call it these days...8p

bobbyB
12-08-2006, 03:11 PM
I got mine a Protec helmet for riding the Skyski and gave it to her for her yesterday for her birthday. Even though she wont get to use it for awhile she liked it. Lucky me, I guess!

So what unique/interesting item are you guys getting for your better halves this C-mas?

B

Monte
12-08-2006, 03:16 PM

Nah, an extreme case of laziness:rolleyes: (kind of like LAMO, ROTFLAMO) just a litte more extreme..

cbryan70
12-08-2006, 03:19 PM
wakeboard and vacuum......hmmmm can someone explain that comparison to me. Also could someone tell me why any girl worth dating or marrying wouldnt LOVE getting a wakeboard? Unless the wakeboard happens to fit you better then her :-)

TX.X-30 fan
12-08-2006, 03:32 PM
wakeboard and vacuum......hmmmm can someone explain that comparison to me. Also could someone tell me why any girl worth dating or marrying wouldnt LOVE getting a wakeboard? Unless the wakeboard happens to fit you better then her :-)

Im with you My wife would love that WB. He needs to do the boots to IMHO. :o :cool:

Monte
12-08-2006, 03:39 PM

I would love to, But I cannot because I don't get it either. It is her size ( I'm not THAT stupid) and I to feel that she will love it. The women here in the office have placed a seed of doubt b/c they obviously feel that a Christmas gift should give immediate satisfaction... I can take care of that easily enough with a trip to VS...
PS I'm still going to give it to her, but I'm going to take RD1's advice.

Monte
12-08-2006, 03:43 PM
He needs to do the boots to IMHO. :o :cool:

They're on the way thanks to one of yoos guys.. Whom I might add is very generous and will be named on the from tag;) ...

12-08-2006, 03:56 PM
"yoos guys" what did you turn into a yooper or what?:confused:

Monte
12-08-2006, 03:59 PM
"yoos guys" what did you turn into a yooper or what?:confused:

I think it has something to do with the outside temp:rolleyes: ....

rcnjson
12-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Monte,
I gave the little lady a wakeboard for her birthday, it was Wednesday the 6th. I only gave her the wakeboard though, the bindings are for Christian holiday that starts with C. OHHHH screw this PC BS, the bindings are for Christmas! I'm giving her the bindings for Christmas! I thought this was a major win for me, got'em as a package... makes two great gifts... I don't have to shop... the up side is huge. She was sooooooooooo excited. Yeah, the lake is frozen, but she was still very happy. Went with the Liquid Force Cadence, Liquid Force Minx bindings. Very cool, very girly.
k

Harvey
12-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Since she doesn't read this board I will go ahead and spill the beans. I got her a pair of pearl earings, a iron skillet, and a marriage proposal on new years eve. I think the iron skillet would have been a bad choice had it been by itself. And she already has bindings and a wakeboard which kinda helped me decide on the marriage proposal part.

Chief
12-08-2006, 06:31 PM
My wife got a brandy new Maristar 200VRS! Wait that was for me. Shizit now I have to get her something. Maybe a closed loop cooling system, she will love it!:)

PendO
12-09-2006, 01:50 AM
Well, one of the gifts I got my wife was a motorola bluetooth car kit ... she hates the earpieces, but she likes the visor clip

dapicatti
12-09-2006, 02:09 AM
Somehow I think the Wbg and the vacuum are two different things....one is for work and one is for fun. Unless you love to vacuum the house (and not leave it up to her). She should love it. Most likely you will have that Valentines gift ready to go. Most likely she wouldn't spend that much money on a board- unless it came from Macy's or Nordstrom. Good luck!

H20skeefreek
12-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok, wife wants to take up WBg. So I bought her a WB blank for Christmas.. It arrives at the office.. Coworkers find it to be an "appliance" (vaccum cleaner) type gift and suggest I go buy her something else and give her the WB later as a "just b/c" gift.. Seems that since she cannot use it until spring it is a bad Christmas gift... I'm confused...
I don't get it, if she wants to take up wbg, and you buy her a wb, it seems like this would be a perfect gift. Tell her co-workers to mind thier own business.

And I think I'm gonna pop if I hear one more time that talking about Christmas isn't PC. And UMP, I'm pretty sure you were just joking, but I'm tired of other people talking about it not being PC. If I want to talk about the birthday of my Lord and Savior, I'm gonna talk about it. And if you aren't a believer you shouldn't complain, because beleiver or not, you still benefit from Christmas in 2 ways:
1. A Savior was born for you, whether you know it yet it or not, and
2. You probably get at least the day off of work to spend with your family don't you?