PDA

View Full Version : dream come true

M Shore
12-07-2006, 10:59 PM
As a young boy in the early eighties I spent alot of time on the lakes of michigan. This is where I saw my first mastercraft a late seventies stars and stripes. 20 years later with my wife having just gave birth to our first child I needed a project to keep me around the house. I bought an 81 ss that had been setting in missrepair for 10 years un covered need I say more. My daughter is now a year old and the boat has been completed between naps and diapers. I would like to say thanks to all the members for the info and help. It is not a new high dollar model or the nicest boat on the lake to most however it is a dream come true. Thanks Guys!!! Pics on the way just tell me how?

ttu
12-07-2006, 11:01 PM
wow, what a story.

i don't know how to tell you to load the photos, but i can't wait.

congrats!!!! love seeing photos of old boats

Farmer Ted
12-07-2006, 11:08 PM
As a young boy in the early eighties I spent alot of time on the lakes of michigan. This is where I saw my first mastercraft a late seventies stars and stripes. 20 years later with my wife having just gave birth to our first child I needed a project to keep me around the house. I bought an 81 ss that had been setting in missrepair for 10 years un covered need I say more. My daughter is now a year old and the boat has been completed between naps and diapers. I would like to say thanks to all the members for the info and help. It is not a new high dollar model or the nicest boat on the lake to most however it is a dream come true. Thanks Guys!!! Pics on the way just tell me how?

sounds like you had a busy year!

If the pictures aren't too big just post a message and then click on manage attachments and add the picture. If it's too big it will not let you up load it.

Jerseydave
12-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Not as good of a story, but when I was young my family would camp on Lake Wallenpaupack. There was always a guy with a 70's MC pulling a skier over the jump. That V-8 rumble was what won me over, when everything else on the lake had an eggbeater clamped-on the back.

Can't beat the sound of the older MC's!

Maristar210
12-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Go to photobucket.com and load your pictures there. Then cut and paste them in you reply by hitting the yellow mountain in your post.:D

Steve

barefoot
12-08-2006, 02:54 AM
Post the pics!

shepherd
12-08-2006, 05:44 AM
sounds like you had a busy year!

If the pictures aren't too big just post a message and then click on manage attachments and add the picture. If it's too big it will not let you up load it.

What he said. And if the file is too big, there is a "Resize" button under "Edit Pictures" if you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager. The largest edge size can't be more than 650 pixels -- I usually just enter 650 x 650 in the "Custom width and height" boxes. (hopefully you have microsoft office). Save the file. Go back and post your message, click on the "manage attachments" button under the message box and upload the file.

We want to see those pics!

TMCNo1
12-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Nice story, welcome to the site and don't be a stranger. It is a pleasure for all of us to help where ever and when ever we can!

chudson
12-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Way to go, sounds like a labor of love. Got an "81 too, if you need any of the books on the boat( boat manual, engine manual, and an old parts catalog) "PM me" and I'll send you them!!!