PDA

View Full Version : Under The Knife .....

atlfootr
12-07-2006, 06:41 PM
O.K. TTfolks,

I went to my Derme today and just came out from "under the knife".
While I was there, I had the nurse take some cool pic's for you guy's to see :)

And NO, before you ask - I didn't get the chance to play doctor :rolleyes:

kycat2007
12-07-2006, 06:44 PM
no pics?:confused:

atlfootr
12-07-2006, 06:46 PM
no pics?:confused:There in the works :D

trickskier
12-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Going under the knife myself tomorrow..........:o

atlfootr
12-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Going under the knife myself tomorrow..........:oI recall you saying that before, GOOD LUCK!
The bad part for me, NO BAREFOOT'N for 2 WEEKS :cry:

trickskier
12-07-2006, 07:10 PM
I recall you saying that before, GOOD LUCK!
The bad part for me, NO BAREFOOT'N for 2 WEEKS :cry:

Sorry, I meant to ask you how everything went?

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 07:11 PM
O.K. TTfolks,

I went to my Derme today and just came out from "under the knife".
Whil

I go Dec 28 to have 3 small skin cancers addressed.

M-Funf
12-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Going under the knife myself tomorrow..........:o

ummmm...are you getting done what I think y'er gettin done? :o

tex
12-07-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm a step-off guy but it's been so long....I would do deeps with a bad boat driver all day long!

trickskier
12-07-2006, 07:21 PM
ummmm...are you getting done what I think y'er gettin done? :o

Almost, same area, hernia...

atlfootr
12-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I go Dec 28 to have 3 small skin cancers addressed.That's what I went in for, as well :( not hernia but skin cancer.
So ppl, be sure to use heavy amounts of SUNSCREEN! :)

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 07:39 PM
That's what I went in for, as well :( not hernia but skin cancer.
Had 2 removed 3 years ago, no big deal.

dog paw
12-07-2006, 07:43 PM
That's what I went in for, as well :( not hernia but skin cancer.

Amen brother! No fun getting the scalpel to your face. That little electric gadget they use sound like a arc welder when it's against your scull :D

Hope the skin cancer came back benign.

atlfootr
12-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Had 2 removed 3 years ago, no big deal.No, fortunatly for me it wasn't a big deal.
Now, Melanoma. That is a BIG DEAL.

Mine, went really quick :)

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 09:12 PM
No, fortunatly for me it wasn't a big deal.

Mine, went really quick :)

I see you wore the right shirt! Did you talk your Doc into looking at Mastercrafts.
One of my doctors bought one, because it all started by him asking about my MasterCraft shirt! "Oh, Harold, do you own a MasterCraft, boy I've always wanted one"!.................... And the rest is history!

tex
12-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Good luck guys!

atlfootr
12-07-2006, 09:28 PM
I see you wore the right shirt! Did you talk your Doc into looking at Mastercrafts.
One of my doctors bought one, because it all started by him asking about my MasterCraft shirt! "Oh, Harold, do you own a MasterCraft, boy I've always wanted one"!.................... And the rest is history!One of my favorite shirt's, no I didn't sell him a boat - turns out he's my buddy Banana George's Derme too :)

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Amen brother! No fun getting the scalpel to your face. That little electric gadget they use sound like a arc welder when it's against your scull :D

I had a Plastic Surgeon remove a cancerous spot on the right side of my head in front of my ear and 1 on my shoulder. I never objected to the smell of frying meat, till it was my own! Nothing like that for me again, unless it's in a operating room in a hospital, under anethesia. No consultation, antibiotics in preperation, afterwards or anything. Wife set in the corner, he shot me up, marked me up and started cutting and frying. It was worse than he expected, but it was too late. 3 bad days of infection, 1 hemmorage in the surgery spot in the scalp 5 days after surgery we called the rescue squad, 2nd hemmorage 7 days after surgery was a trip to the emergency room and 14 years of bad dreams about it cured me. New Derme knows her and my limits and reacts accordingly.

dmayer84
12-07-2006, 11:02 PM
I gotta go to the doctor tomorrow as well, but only for a physical for joining the Volunteer Fire Dept. Still cant figure out why i wasnt allowed to eat after 8.

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I gotta go to the doctor tomorrow as well, but only for a physical for joining the Volunteer Fire Dept. Still cant figure out why i wasnt allowed to eat after 8.

They have you fasting, so they can get clear blood/urine workup including gluecose (Blood Sugar) and BP readings. I have to do it 6 times a year, 3 for my Diabetic doctor and 3 for our family doctor checkups, same with the wife.

dmayer84
12-07-2006, 11:15 PM
They have you fasting, so they can get clear blood/urine workup including gluecose (Blood Sugar) and BP readings. I have to do it 6 times a year, 3 for my Diabetic doctor and 3 for our family doctor checkups, same with the wife.

That makes sense, now im wondering why they didnt make me do that for the physical for my job, had all the same tests that I am going to have tomorrow.

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 11:34 PM
That makes sense, now im wondering why they didnt make me do that for the physical for my job, had all the same tests that I am going to have tomorrow.

With firefighting you use a lot of energy in a short amount of time, the stress, the heat, working long periods, working in confined spaces with a lot of turout gear on. If you were a diabetic and would have a weak spell (low gluecose level) and no one knew it you could go into a diabetic coma, compared to a normal job where you can most times feel it and people can see it immediately and can treat you (gluecose tablets, sugar, soft drinks, OJ w/sugar, candy bars) to get your sugar back up and you on your feet.

Bigmac can explain it better than me, yet I am type 2 Diabetic taking no meds or insulin, just diet and exercise and my wife is a type 1 Diabetic (juvenile) since she was 8 years old and is on an insulin pump.

dmayer84
12-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Makes sense, thanks for the explination. Never really thought about it like that.

dog paw
12-08-2006, 10:30 AM
I had a Plastic Surgeon remove a cancerous spot on the right side of my head in front of my ear and 1 on my shoulder. I never objected to the smell of frying meat, till it was my own! Nothing like that for me again, unless it's in a operating room in a hospital, under anethesia. No consultation, antibiotics in preperation, afterwards or anything. Wife set in the corner, he shot me up, marked me up and started cutting and frying. It was worse than he expected, but it was too late. 3 bad days of infection, 1 hemmorage in the surgery spot in the scalp 5 days after surgery we called the rescue squad, 2nd hemmorage 7 days after surgery was a trip to the emergency room and 14 years of bad dreams about it cured me. New Derme knows her and my limits and reacts accordingly.

Wow! That sounds like a nightmare. Funny, mine was in the same area. Just a small spot that would bleed for no reason My GP took the first crack at it. Called me in to tell me he did not get it all. He sent me to a plastic surgeon also. This guy was slick, he went to town on it and had me wait till they got the results back before they let me leave. Turned out to be just basil cell. I was impressed with his work, not even a trace of a scar. (not that it mattered on my ugly mug)8p

atlfootr
12-08-2006, 10:40 AM
I had a Plastic Surgeon remove a cancerous spot on the right side of my head, front of ear and (1) on shoulder.Woooh, wooooh, woooh ...
"Curious George" here, wants to know why you used a Plastic Surgeon instead of a Dermentogist :confused:

thijs
12-08-2006, 10:56 AM
I also noticed the Team MasterCraft shirt. In fact I think I wore mine for my hernia surgery a year ago. I choose to be awake through it instead of going under general b/c I knew the Dr's quite well. There is no telling what they might be doing to me when I was under. I KNOW they have nail polish in the O.R. for just those situations.

Also when I was an RCMP recruit my work-up even included a 12 lead ECG!!!! Plus blood work up, urine and the.......uhhhh......the turn your head to the left and cough thing. If you know what I mean.

dog paw
12-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Woooh, wooooh, woooh ...
"Curious George" here, wants to know why you used a Plastic Surgeon instead of a Dermentogist :confused:

Think he might have got a little "tune up" while he was in there??? :D

I think my doc held both titles. When you walked into his office it was very clear where the money was at LOL!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Dude, I dont know what they charged you for that surgical procedure, but I would have done it for alot less. I am like Larry, Darrel, and Darrel from that 2nd newhart show. I will do anything for a buck. Remember people, I was a hobbyist taxidermist, and have an engineering degree, so in some third world contries, that qualifies me as a surgeon. this is my get rich quick scheme, discount surgurys. With the medical costs skyrocketing out of control, I will bust the market wide open with my brand of entry level staff and semi-sterile working enviroment. The franchising rights will make me rich.:cool:

TMCNo1
01-05-2007, 11:05 AM
atlfootr, later this month I will have 5 removed on 2 seperate occasions. 1 will be surgically removed and 4 will be scraped, all will be office procedures.
How is your site doing since surgery, I guess OK since you have been back footin'?

SkiDog
01-07-2007, 04:48 PM
I go Dec 28 to have 3 small skin cancers addressed.
What about the BIG one on your shoulders?!?!?!:D :D :D Sorry, I just had to pal!

TMCNo1
01-07-2007, 05:17 PM
What about the BIG one on your shoulders?!?!?!:D :D :D Sorry, I just had to pal!

2 additional ones were found.
As far as that big one, she said, "Just take 2 asprin and call Skidog at 3:30 am any Monday morning"!

TMCNo1
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Just returned from Derm. and had one place scraped from left shoulder and one surgically removed from the right shoulder that had 11 stitches. Next Wednesday I have 3 more spots scraped.

trickskier
01-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Just returned from Derm. and had one place scraped from left shoulder and one surgically removed from the right shoulder that had 11 stitches. Next Wednesday I have 3 more spots scraped.
Hope you're OK

milkmania
01-17-2007, 03:51 PM

dang man, hang in there!

http://my.opera.com/magic_mania/homes/albums/41360/never-give-up-l.jpg

TMCNo1
01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys, everything is OK. I've had it done before like atlfootr and these are just some other spots that have shown up from all the sun I've got over my lifetime. Sunscreen, caps, and t-shirts are now a way of life along with working in the shade as much as possible!
Every time she carterized the sites, I could smell my flesh burning and we had a big laugh, when I said it made be think of my big azz sitting on the gas grill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek : :rolleyes: 8p

TMCNo1
03-06-2008, 04:02 PM
I had two more spots removed today on the right shoulder! Seems like my derm wants to cut on me right before CSM like last year. If this don't stop, I'll look like I've been in a knife fight at on of Skidog's strip clubs!

ProTour X9
03-06-2008, 04:38 PM
My mom had the worst stage of Melanoma twice, she's much better now, thank God. Hope you guys are gonna be ok too.

RexDog1
03-06-2008, 04:42 PM
I had two more spots removed today on the right shoulder! Seems like my derm wants to cut on me right before CSM like last year. If this don't stop, I'll look like I've been in a knife fight at on of Skidog's strip clubs!

#1 take care of yourself :o

TMCNo1
03-06-2008, 05:39 PM
#1 take care of yourself :o

It's all good!

Covi
03-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I go under tomorrow 8:45am for a clean out of my left shoulder. Goal is to remove 1 of three screws that aren't doing a thing anymore. And to get a better look. PT to follow. I'll be in LaLa Land tomorrow

Covi
03-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Harold, Hope your doing well!

TMCNo1
03-06-2008, 08:36 PM
I go under tomorrow 8:45am for a clean out of my left shoulder. Goal is to remove 1 of three screws that aren't doing a thing anymore. And to get a better look. PT to follow. I'll be in LaLa Land tomorrow

We hope all goes well, keep us informed of how it goes.
I'm just showing the results of 60 years of sun and the use of sunscreen, especially now that damage is showing up on me. It's never too late.

I've got a few loose screws, but I don't need any taken out, at least not right now!:rolleyes:

Datdude
03-07-2008, 12:31 AM

I just lost a 35 year old friend to Melanoma. It spread to his lungs and took him down in 5 months:mad:

Good luck!

sand2snow22
03-07-2008, 12:57 AM
I just lost a 35 year old friend to Melanoma. It spread to his lungs and took him down in 5 months:mad:

Good luck!

Sorry to hear that.

sand2snow22
03-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Derm went to town last summer on my left ear. Really messed up my boating season. First one came back pre-melanoma and she sent me to a plastic surgeon to have more around the margins removed. What does pre-malanoma mean doc? Well it most likely would have turned into melanoma. She then removed the remaining 5 moles on my left ear. Thankfully those came back benign. My left ear is now noticeably smaller than my right, but I'll take it, I'm trying to live, not win beauty contests!

Kind of strange, I'm only 33 and we don't get a lot of sun in the NW. My brother is much more pale than me, but he's fine. Derm kind of traced it back to when I was in college coaching soccer camps in the summer, plus a couple of vacations near the equator don't help either. Now she makes me wear a rash guard and a big hat when out on the boat, plus heavy amounts of sunscreen before and after a ski run!

TMCNo1
03-07-2008, 06:10 AM

Good luck!

Our prayers go out to his friends and family.

YooperScott
03-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Unfortunately I get to post here.....Next Friday I get my shoulder scoped for the second time (first 7 years ago) to repair a torn this and stretched that from the repeated dislocations. Hopefully by mid summer I will be released for watersports at least some. :( From 7 years ago I do not remember the surgery being SO bad but the month in a sling followed by rehab SUCKED. I'm bummed that 8 days from now I won't be able to tie my own shoes for a while, or any number of other normal things you need two arms for.

Scott
'95 LT-1 Prostar 190

TMCNo1
03-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Unfortunately I get to post here.....Next Friday I get my shoulder scoped for the second time (first 7 years ago) to repair a torn this and stretched that from the repeated dislocations. Hopefully by mid summer I will be released for watersports at least some. :( From 7 years ago I do not remember the surgery being SO bad but the month in a sling followed by rehab SUCKED. I'm bummed that 8 days from now I won't be able to tie my own shoes for a while, or any number of other normal things you need two arms for.

Scott
'95 LT-1 Prostar 190

I seriously hope you have a significant other to help out or your gonna be one depressed dude!:D

RexDog1
03-07-2008, 11:09 AM

Scott
'95 LT-1 Prostar 190

Scott good luck next week
Well it has been about 8 week’s senses I went under the knife, it came out well!! The therapy is a pain:( but I am happy I did, it………………. good luck:D

YooperScott
03-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah I have a wife to help and also my mom is coming for a couple of weeks to help her. :) We have a 16 month old so with me on the DL mom will be around to help take care of the kid. My wife is due in late July with our second so I am at least glad to get this done now so by then I should be 95+% back. Just bummed about already being a SHORT summer for me (late start from surgery plus new baby) and my snowmobile season had an abrupt end also. You guys understand. :)

Scott
'95 LT-1 Prostar 190

Bruce
03-07-2008, 04:18 PM

Guess you are not counting those urine test the judge ordered or ----never mind should not have mentioned it.

Lennyp04
03-07-2008, 05:41 PM
My Pop Pop had a melanoma on his nose. The funniest part was they took a skin graph from his cheak so he had to shave his nose because the hair would grow like it did on his cheak!

Covi
03-07-2008, 06:30 PM
My Pop Pop had a melanoma on his nose. The funniest part was they took a skin graph from his cheak so he had to shave his nose because the hair would grow like it did on his cheak!

Lenny, that's some funny stuff!

Covi
03-07-2008, 07:02 PM
I just finished tossing cookies again from all the meds they pumped into me. Otherwise feeling good!

TMCNo1
03-07-2008, 07:50 PM

If you don't think sunscreen is important, I'm having to take care of overexposure to the sun, 11 stitches at a time,

TMCNo1
03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I just finished tossing cookies again from all the meds they pumped into me. Otherwise feeling good!

We're glad you can thru it alright, now it's happy time in a bottle!

Covi
03-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Nice shot Harold! How are you feeling? I was lucky today and had 1/2 my chest shaved by a women. I asked if it would grow back thicker & darker, I was worried I would resemble Chubacca! LOL

TMCNo1
03-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Nice shot Harold! How are you feeling? I was lucky today and had 1/2 my chest shaved by a women. I asked if it would grow back thicker & darker, I was worried I would resemble Chubacca! LOL

I just pulled my dressing off, you didn't hear me scream at your house! :rolleyes: And NO, they didn't shave me! Cleaning it all up w/peroxide, adding Neosporen and new bandages. Fun, fun,!:( Everything is fine, not even a Tylenol.

atlfootr
03-09-2008, 12:01 PM
I just finished tossing cookies again from all the meds they pumped into me.
Otherwise feeling good!
Sure hope that you Covi, and our Harold (TMC#1) are both right hand typist :rolleyes:

Covi
03-09-2008, 12:48 PM
I've been doing ok typing with my right hand, it takes a long time to get the point across! LOL! Atleast I'm able to wipe my *** today.

atlfootr
03-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Have you try'd blowing through a straw or the pencil in the mouth trick? :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
03-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Sure hope that you Covi, and our Harold (TMC#1) are both right hand typist :rolleyes:

I never lost use of either hand and I don't have to worry about missing a stroke!:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
02-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! I'm getting 9 stitches removed today from two skin cancer spots were removed two weeks ago!:o:o:o