PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha SX210

LakePirate
12-06-2006, 03:58 PM
I have this buddy of mine who is looking for a boat. I have already talked him out of a Moomba as he is primarily going to use it on Lake Lanier. He has no need for a Direct Drive anything. While a used Maristar might be a good fit, I don't know how much he is looking to spend. He is also one of those who could be talked into having his muffler bearings replaced so I don't know if a fix-er up is for him.

He currently is looking at the Yamaha SX210. He claims 270 HP on the one he is looking at but I have only seen 210 HP out of 2 in-line 4-banger jet-ski engines. If the Yamaha is like the sea-doo then they are loud and horrible on gas as one of our neighbors at the lake had one.

JR's neighbors Bayliner would be a good choice for this wally but he is not ready to pull the trigger anytime soon.

Anybody have any experience with these things?

Just kidding he is looking at the LS 2000 model. It does have the 270 hp.

Jesus_Freak
12-06-2006, 04:11 PM
...muffler bearings replaced...

Bummer! Almost forgot to add this to my spring checklist. Thanks LP. :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Bummer! Almost forgot to add this to my spring checklist. Thanks LP. :D
might as well change up your blinker fluid too, left and right side.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
almost forgot, make sure those muffler bearings are triangular. Very important!

H20skeefreek
12-06-2006, 05:18 PM
If you are going to go to the trouble of replacing the blinker fluid, you should go ahead and upgrade to halogen lamp fuel at the same time. Don't forget to lube the canoe valve.

Sodar
12-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Never owned one or looked at one closely, but a guy over in Catalina had a Sea Doo Speedster (twin motors). It was pretty fun to go jump the wakes from the ferries. It was pretty peppy too!

Jesus_Freak
12-07-2006, 02:28 AM
If you are going to go to the trouble of replacing the blinker fluid, you should go ahead and upgrade to halogen lamp fuel at the same time. Don't forget to lube the canoe valve.

And last, but not least, clean the filth muck off those windshields!,

Workin' 4 Toys
12-07-2006, 09:29 AM
I have this buddy of mine who is looking for a boat. I have already talked him out of a Moomba as he is primarily going to use it on Lake Lanier. He has no need for a Direct Drive anything. While a used Maristar might be a good fit, I don't know how much he is looking to spend. He is also one of those who could be talked into having his muffler bearings replaced so I don't know if a fix-er up is for him.

He currently is looking at the Yamaha SX210. He claims 270 HP on the one he is looking at but I have only seen 210 HP out of 2 in-line 4-banger jet-ski engines. If the Yamaha is like the sea-doo then they are loud and horrible on gas as one of our neighbors at the lake had one.

JR's neighbors Bayliner would be a good choice for this wally but he is not ready to pull the trigger anytime soon.

Anybody have any experience with these things?

Just kidding he is looking at the LS 2000 model. It does have the 270 hp.

I thought that model had side by side engines and jet drives...?

LakePirate
12-07-2006, 09:32 AM
The engines are side by side.

Difference between a jet-ski engine and a jet drive?

Workin' 4 Toys
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
The engines are side by side.

Difference between a jet-ski engine and a jet drive? Same..... But you mentioned in-line engines before...

point1234
12-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Dont they put the R1 motorcycle motors in those things.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Dont they put the R1 motorcycle motors in those things.
I believe they are a closer relation to the snowmobile engines, but again, not exactly as I understand it.