PDA

View Full Version : felt bad saying it...

rodltg2
12-06-2006, 01:30 PM
but what could i do...

i know this export broker that sometimes comes across containers of things that the buyer backs out of and doesn't pay. these containers are stuck at the port and the broker scrambles to find a buyer. sometimes he comes across granite containers and i bought one last year. well he called me again this morning with another container but it was loaded with cheap chinese pre cut granite blanks. he wanted 8000 for it. i told him " i know you dont want to hear this but, if you pay me $400 for my time to unload it , ill think about taking it" its a sad reality that this granite will probably end up getting thrown away...

Sodar
12-06-2006, 01:41 PM
but what could i do...

i know this export broker that sometimes comes across containers of things that the buyer backs out of and doesn't pay. these containers are stuck at the port and the broker scrambles to find a buyer. sometimes he comes across granite containers and i bought one last year. well he called me again this morning with another container but it was loaded with cheap chinese pre cut granite blanks. he wanted 8000 for it. i told him " i know you dont want to hear this but, if you pay me $400 for my time to unload it , ill think about taking it" its a sad reality that this granite will probably end up getting thrown away...

You could make chopping blocks out of them and market it to retail stores....

M-Funf
12-06-2006, 01:45 PM
These container deals can be great if you know what you're looking at. But you can get screwed, too. About 6 years ago, I bought a container full of random lengths and sizes of rough sawn Honduran Mahogany. I think the total was about 2,500 board feet. I kept what I wanted and sold the rest off for a pretty hefty profit...

rodltg2
12-06-2006, 01:47 PM
he also had a container of nice doors, but i dont know what i would do with them..

rodltg2
12-06-2006, 01:48 PM
You could make chopping blocks out of them and market it to retail stores....

i cost me more in labor to make cutting boards than i could sell them for. plus i throw away 4 dumpsters a week of remnant peices . i dont need more..

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
" i know you dont want to hear this but, if you pay me $400 for my time to unload it , ill think about taking it"
That's the same thing I think when someone asks me if I want that stuff......8p

Now to have a nice chess set made out of it, that I am interested in.....

butter
12-06-2006, 03:27 PM
I am relatively new here, am probably overstepping my bounds, and should probably keep quiet, but...

rodltg2- Please, please, please... consider asking yourself before posting, whether your post belongs here, or in the "off-topic" section. It seems you occasionally start threads in the general section that are little, if at all, mastercraft related. I know I don't have to read them, but I personally find your off-topic posts, that appear here, tiresome.

east tx skier
12-06-2006, 03:32 PM
I think it's in the off topic forum.

Datdude
12-06-2006, 03:34 PM
I think it's in the off topic forum.

You beat me to it:D

Hey Rod.......do you know where this stuff may be thrown away? Will it have easy access to back my truck up to it? Thanks-LOL

PendO
12-06-2006, 03:34 PM
I am relatively new here, am probably overstepping my bounds, and should probably keep quiet, but...

rodltg2- Please, please, please... consider asking yourself before posting, whether your post belongs here, or in the "off-topic" section. It seems you occasionally start threads in the general section that are little, if at all, mastercraft related. I know I don't have to read them, but I personally find your off-topic posts, that appear here, tiresome.

Bwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

PendO
12-06-2006, 03:38 PM
long live Gene:)

east tx skier
12-06-2006, 03:42 PM

Pendo, would you please put a space between words and emoticons. It's easier on my eyes. Thanks. 8p :uglyhamme

Sodar
12-06-2006, 03:47 PM
JEEZ!! I just got in a fight with a co-worker this morning for NIT-PICKING!!! Pisses me off to no end. I am an anal freak, no doubt about it, but I never tell other how to do something. I live on the logic "to each his own" or "6 one way, half a dozen the other." So after working a wopping 2 months, I already argued with a co-worker. I wonder if I will be called into the bosses office this Friday for the delivery of my paycheck!!!

Soap Box is over!!!

PendO
12-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Pendo, would you please put a space between words and emoticons. It's easier on my eyes. Thanks. 8p :uglyhamme

Sure, but can you move your post to the news/information-suggestions part of TT :)

east tx skier
12-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Will do, but can you not refer to it as TT. Kinda gross. http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra2/puke3.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_12_2.gif

PendO
12-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Will do, but can you not refer to it as TT. Kinda gross. http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra2/puke3.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_12_2.gif

If that is a suggestion, is this the proper thread?

Chief
12-06-2006, 05:06 PM

See line one.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 05:26 PM
but I personally find your off-topic posts, that appear here, tiresome.
http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/comp/comp26.gif
Well put.....:purplaugh

butter
12-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Ok, ok, ok… I guess I should have asked myself if my “nitpick” was really worth posting. My apologies to rodltg2 for hi-jacking your thread, and to the rest of you for having wasted your time.

Oh, and thanks for moving this to “off-topic”. ;)

Moving on…

rodltg2
12-06-2006, 06:18 PM
i doubt im the only one guilty of posting non related threads, sorry of forgot to put it under off topic....jeez..

by the way you dont haver to read every thread posted.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Ok, ok, ok… I guess I should have asked myself if my “nitpick” was really worth posting. My apologies to rodltg2 for hi-jacking your thread, and to the rest of you for having wasted your time.

Oh, and thanks for moving this to “off-topic”.

Moving on…
apologize to Rod, are you serious???:eek3:

You cant move on yet, you need to flog his Bu lovin arse some more! In dont care if you do sound like Gene!8p

(since Hoosier isnt been around, someone has to be the pinch-biccher around here) ;)

TX.X-30 fan
12-06-2006, 07:16 PM
I confused where did this thread start anyway. :confused: :eek3:

H20skeefreek
12-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I confused where did this thread start anyway. :confused: :eek3:
Out in left field.

milkmania
12-06-2006, 07:31 PM
JEEZ!! I just got in a fight with a co-worker this morning for NIT-PICKING!!! Pisses me off to no end. I am an anal freak, no doubt about it, but I never tell other how to do something. I live on the logic "to each his own" or "6 one way, half a dozen the other." So after working a wopping 2 months, I already argued with a co-worker. I wonder if I will be called into the bosses office this Friday for the delivery of my paycheck!!!

Soap Box is over!!!

er,um.....

nevermind, I got nothin':rolleyes:

Ric
12-06-2006, 07:32 PM
I ever tell yall about my trip to England?

milkmania
12-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Out in left field.

and sodarski's post really took it over left field fence!:eek3:

Farmer Ted
12-06-2006, 07:48 PM
I ever tell yall about my trip to England?

I heard the women over there have really big cankles....

roddydog
12-06-2006, 09:22 PM

And you are?.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................

Sodar
12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
er,um.....

nevermind, I got nothin':rolleyes:

Nice way to construe an entirely innocent statement that meant I am very neat, detail-oriented, into a gross and sexually explicit phrase....

I LOVE IT!! GOOD WORK!! :D

Mag_Red
12-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Could some one please pass the butter??

mash
12-06-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm relatively new here too, but shouldn't this thread be renamed "Dear Penthouse"?

east tx skier
12-06-2006, 09:48 PM
I heard the women over there have really big cankles....

Leave Sizzler out of this. ;)

TX.X-30 fan
12-06-2006, 09:57 PM
:cool: What the hell are cankles????????????????:(

Chief
12-06-2006, 10:00 PM
:cool: What the hell are cankles????????????????:(

It's when and womans calf goes all the way down to the foot (ankle same size of calf). Not a pretty site.

TX.X-30 fan
12-06-2006, 10:09 PM
It's when and womans calf goes all the way down to the foot (ankle same size of calf). Not a pretty site.

Thank you (thats nasty) I think.:cry:

rodltg2
12-06-2006, 10:26 PM
actually although not mc related ( plenty that arent on this board) my post had a point. i guess i should have clarified it. it seemed that mfunf was the only one who understood what i was trying to say.
what i was trying to point out is that amazing deals can come your way when people dont pay for their containers. unfortuanlty in this case the material was probably speced out for a commercial job and otherwise worthless to anyboady else.

mitch
12-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Rod, The post was fine....I don't think you need to defend yourself on this one.

PendO
12-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm relatively new here too, but shouldn't this thread be renamed "Dear Penthouse"?

Actually, you are thinking of the ole' Hoosier Bob thread ... :)

12-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Actually, you are thinking of the ole' Hoosier Bob thread ... :)
ahh, the good ol days.....:cool: the Hoosier thread....:D

Ric
12-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Rodl, I just saw a commercial yesterday. Abe Lincoln says, " We just wantcha back "

Maristar210
12-07-2006, 11:09 AM
ahh, the good ol days.....:cool: the Hoosier thread....:D

Yes

I don't visit Break.com like I used to on Friday nights. :D

phecksel
12-07-2006, 12:14 PM
If I talk about my garage door and my boat is stored in the garage, is that an acceptable thread, LOL

This place would be boring as hell, if all we talked about was mastercrafts.

12-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes

I don't visit Break.com like I used to on Friday nights. :D
twister anyone? :uglyhamme :cool:

dapicatti
12-07-2006, 01:23 PM
http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/comp/comp26.gif
Well put.....:purplaugh
I agree......:uglyhamme

Workin' 4 Toys
12-07-2006, 02:26 PM
If I talk about my garage door and my boat is stored in the garage, is that an acceptable thread, LOL

I even thought it was "interesting" to talk about the wakesport boat or whatever it was..... Ric apparently would rather scope out our garages... Hence all of the DIE THREAD DIE comments...:rolleyes:

And your second comment, I agree. Just don't try to sell me something..:rolleyes: 8p

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 02:32 PM
twister anyone? :uglyhamme :cool:

I'm ready for a good, challenging, cut throat, violent game of "Candy Land" or "Operation"!

Workin' 4 Toys
12-07-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm ready for a good, challenging, cut throat, violent game of "Candy Land" or "Operation"!

I'll kick your "candyarse" off the table, I'm playin' "go fish".....

PendO
12-07-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm seriously considering replacing my PS197 with an SN206 ........... seriously ... and I need some jet skis for my houseboat so we can go back and forth to the potty ... any suggestions on color?

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 02:38 PM

I know whut you mean, talking about Mastercraft Boats is the most boring thing I have even done in my life. It reminds me of trying to watch "The Lone Ranger and Tonto" on the radio!

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I'll kick your "candyarse" off the table, I'm playin' "go fish".....

Well ain't you tough, I'll challange you to a drag race with our R/C X-Star loaded up with our daughters 33+ year old Weebles and chop up all your "Go Fish" cards. Remember, "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down", behind an X-Star!:D 8p ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
12-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Well ain't you tough,
Nope, Jus sayin'.....8p ;)

12-07-2006, 04:58 PM
No No1, that "hoosier thread" twister was a bit different.....Um.....lets just say pictures are worth a thousand words. :cool:

Right hand, Blue!:cool:

12-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Dammmit No1, and WFT, dont make me put you both in the corners with dunce hats on!:D Play nice in that sandbox! or I will take away the Tonka! Dont mess with me, I am UMP, hear me roar! that Hoosier therapy is paying off!;)

Workin' 4 Toys
12-07-2006, 05:04 PM
I thought you played with Honka toys....(If you do not know what that is...Search it8p )

Maristar210
12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Naw WFT his cape froze again. He can't fit throught the door and refuses to take it off. 8p

12-07-2006, 05:13 PM
o come on now guys dont tease me, you might hurt my feelings!:(

(SHHH Staristar! DONT tell people my cape freezes!:mad: they cant know that! )

Leroy
12-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh these obscure references!:D

I'm seriously considering replacing my PS197 with an SN206 ........... seriously ... and I need some jet skis for my houseboat so we can go back and forth to the potty ... any suggestions on color?

PendO
12-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Oh these obscure references!:D

Hey, what do you think of a dunk tank for employees based on performance:)

That was one of my favorites:)

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Dammmit No1, and WFT, dont make me put you both in the corners with dunce hats on!:D Play nice in that sandbox! or I will take away the Tonka! Dont mess with me, I am UMP, hear me roar! that Hoosier therapy is paying off!;)

Can I come out and play now, I've been good for 6 hours now!

TMCNo1
12-07-2006, 11:58 PM
The reason we fight all the time is me and WFT look alike! I looked in the mirror the other day and slapped it thinking it was him!

Really a double post!

PendO
12-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Can I come out and play now, I've been good for 2 hours now!

well Harold, what is your excuse for double posting?

TMCNo1
12-08-2006, 12:20 AM
well Harold, what is your excuse for double posting?

:uglyhamme I just flat screwed up, thought the pic didn't post and naturally clicked again and Walaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Did the site shut down for about 5 minutes, I couldn't get anything, even through MasterCraft.com? I must have blown something up in Vonore again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PendO
12-08-2006, 12:21 AM
:uglyhamme I just flat screwed up, thought the pic didn't post and naturally clicked again and Walaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Did the site shut down for about 5 minutes, I couldn't get anything, even through MasterCraft.com?

Well, you F'd it up with your double post ... ;)

TMCNo1
12-08-2006, 12:31 AM
I think this is what I did,

PendO
12-08-2006, 12:32 AM
could be worse, check out this local story

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_120606_doublemurder.1d64777.html

PendO
12-08-2006, 12:34 AM
http://www.kxly.com/news/?sect_rank=2&section_id=560&story_id=6848

and this one

MySpace blog gives insight into Bryan Kim's troubled life
http://www.kxly.com/upload/pics//57/575.jpg (http://www.kxly.com/staff/index.php?id_staff=17)Melissa Luck (http://www.kxly.com/staff/index.php?id_staff=17) / KXLY4 Reporter
Last updated: Thursday, December 07th, 2006 06:51:57 PM

http://www.kxly.com/upload/pics/16/1663.jpg Associated Press

Related Videos:http://data.spokanetogo.com/archive/2006-12-07/2006-12-07.203604.7842875f00541962/2006-12-07.203604.7842875f00541962.94x72.000000.jpg (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/)
Blog gives insight into Bryan Kim's troubled life http://www.kxly.com/images/video.gif (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/)SPOKANE -- Like tens of thousands of kids his age, Bryan Kim logged on to MySpace, a networking site where he shared pictures of friends and blogged about his life.
Some entries were innocuous ramblings of a teenager while other posts revealed signs of a troubled young man.

“The first thing I think is there's probably a significant mental disorder,” Dr. Paul Domitor, a clinical psychologist, said.

Dr. Domitor never treated Bryan Kim but examined his writings from MySpace and was not surprised Kim suffers from bi-polar disorder and depression.

“We see a kid that's withdrawn, pulled back - awkward socially - doesn't quite fit in,” Dr. Domitor said.

In badly misspelled blog entries Kim refers to his depression, saying, "its always with me like an unwanted traveling companion on a lonely road. It plagues my thoughts and interrupts my soul … I just have a troubled past that seems to haunt me every day."

Kim went on to say in his blog entries that he often resolves his problems with violence, and Dr. Domitor said that’s proof enough that an act as violent as his parents’ murder is rarely the first and that his blog entries should have tipped someone off that Bryan Kim needed serious help.

“If your child is struggling with it that much - with loneliness and so forth - and, you read their MySpace - then its really on you to get some help," he said.

It's a moot point now to second-guess what Bryan Kim's parents knew and whether or not they got him help. Domitor says that parents should use this tragedy to talk to their own teenagers and children.

“If you feel it intuitively something is not right then, by gosh, have that child see your family doctor or a doctoral level psychiatrist or psychologist and get a good diagnosis before its too late,” he said.

PendO
12-08-2006, 12:37 AM
and here is the kids myspace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=97180905

TMCNo1
12-08-2006, 12:40 AM
That awful, parents are loosing more and more contact with their children, then with some it's too late and something like that happens.

Leroy
12-08-2006, 12:47 AM
There are a few people where I'm at now where i would like to try this! 8p

Hey, what do you think of a dunk tank for employees based on performance:)

That was one of my favorites:)

Workin' 4 Toys
12-08-2006, 10:20 AM
The reason we fight all the time is me and WFT look alike! I looked in the mirror the other day and slapped it thinking it was him!
Bring it.........8p