PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth assistance...

M-Funf
12-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Anybody out there know much about Bluetooth? I'm relatively new to the technology, and having a little trouble.

I have two phones, one for work (Treo 650) and one personal (Motorola Razr). Both are Bluetooth phones.

I purchased ONE bluetooth headset (Plantronics) that I would like to use for BOTH phones.

I have tried several times to pair the headset with both phones, but each time I do, the headset only works with the last phone it was paired to.

So, question: Can this work? If so, how?

bcampbe7
12-06-2006, 01:34 PM
I think you have to buy a headset that is capable of pairing with 2 devices. ICBW.

I have a Motorola HS850 and it will only pair with one device.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Anybody out there know much about Bluetooth? I'm relatively new to the technology, and having a little trouble.

I have two phones, one for work (Treo 650) and one personal (Motorola Razr). Both are Bluetooth phones.

I purchased ONE bluetooth headset (Plantronics) that I would like to use for BOTH phones.

I have tried several times to pair the headset with both phones, but each time I do, the headset only works with the last phone it was paired to.

So, question: Can this work? If so, how?
I also recently got a bluetooth phone to link up to my truck. I won't be doing the earpiece thing, but I would think it can recognize the difference between two phones. Obviously I wouldn't want it use both at the same time.

Are you trying to use one at a time, or both at the same time?

M-Funf
12-06-2006, 01:46 PM
I also recently got a bluetooth phone to link up to my truck. I won't be doing the earpiece thing, but I would think it can recognize the difference between two phones. Obviously I wouldn't want it use both at the same time.

I want to be able to have both phones on, and answer either phone when it rings through the single headset. I would think that the technology is smart enough to do this, I'm probalby just not doing it right :o

dmayer84
12-06-2006, 01:55 PM
All of the headsets that I know of are only capable of pairing with one phone.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 01:55 PM
And what happens if you are on one, and the other rings??

bcampbe7
12-06-2006, 02:13 PM
And what happens if you are on one, and the other rings??

Nothing...
The BT headset will only respond to the device it is paired with.

I am not aware of a BT headset that will pair with 2 devices simultaneous. I would be interested in one as well...

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Nothing...
The BT headset will only respond to the device it is paired with.

I am not aware of a BT headset that will pair with 2 devices simultaneous. I would be interested in one as well...
It sounds to me like you need 2 headsets, one for each ear, OR get a cell phone with TWO numbers and if you are forced to, split the bills.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, you NEED 2 cell phones.....AND BOTH ARE ON AT THE SAME TIME>..... WT-F has this world come to.....:(

Seriously though, I think this is exactly what assistants were designed for....How can you drive with one of those things in your ear anyway..:confused:

M-Funf
12-06-2006, 08:12 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME, you NEED 2 cell phones.....AND BOTH ARE ON AT THE SAME TIME>..... WT-F has this world come to.....:(

One for work, one personal. Work won't pay for my personal cell phone, but expected me to use it for work. They also said no personal calls on the work phone, so I told them to sod off. Now I have one for work, and one personal. The work phone is only on M-F from 8-5, and they don't have my personal cell number. Pisses them off like nobody's business...

Holtrodj
12-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Plantronics has a headset that is able to do what your talking about, but not all of them have this feature. I also have a Plantronics unit, but it can only handle one at a time. This option would have been plastered all over the marketing materal for your unit if it has that option.

Ric
12-06-2006, 08:34 PM
ask eastie how well my bluetooth transmits :rolleyes:

M-Funf
12-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Plantronics has a headset that is able to do what your talking about, but not all of them have this feature. I also have a Plantronics unit, but it can only handle one at a time. This option would have been plastered all over the marketing materal for your unit if it has that option.

Thanks, I found one. When I bought the new phones and service, I explained to them what I wanted to do, and they just looked at me with hollow eyes :huh:

Since I'm still within my 30 days, I think I'll go back and see if I can swap the one I have for the other one...

TMCNo1
12-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Are these blue tooth earpieces waterproof. I know of someone who needs one while skiing the course and it would help around the #5 bouy if he didn't have to talk with his phone in his hand.

mitch
12-06-2006, 10:18 PM

You should be OK w/ the bluetooth in the truck. My car will recognize 2 phones and asks you which one you want to use. You'll love it!

Workin' 4 Toys
12-07-2006, 09:30 AM
You should be OK w/ the bluetooth in the truck. My car will recognize 2 phones and asks you which one you want to use. You'll love it!
I've been using it for a few weeks. But haven't tried a second phone yet. I do not have 2 cell phones. I do not like having the one I DO have. Especially as often as I do....

If I recall, the service provider I currently use, told me I can split bill it as alot of their customers do. And at certain times of day, the phone can be programmed to block certain calls, and block others the rest of the time.
This seems to me a more reasonable solution than having two phones, but again, just my thinking.