PDA

View Full Version : Mag, wrong engine?

gene dobies
12-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Nice pics of your boat at the factory. Just curious if you had these pics of it when the boat was built how come you didn't notice that it had the wrong engine it then?

Mag_Red
12-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Long story Gene........lets see.........I was planning on going down and watch them build my boat. I kept calling the dealership to get a build date, so many times http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/toetap05.gif that I was probably pissing them off. When I finally got the build date, I had gotten so busy with work,http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/willy_nilly.gif that there was no way I could go down.

So I called the factory and asked, can't recall the guys name, them to take some digital pics and send them to me. So I keep calling the guy at the factory asking if he had some pics yet. Finally after about 10 phone calls, he tells me he had some great pics but they were still in the camera and he needed to download them. About 5 more phone calls later, the guy finally calls me and tells me he downloaded them and would send them as soon as he got home.

About 5 days later, I get a call and he tells me he finally e-mailed the pics! I rush home and anxiously watch the pictures upload one by one. I was so excited! Right up to the time the picture with the engine was opening. I was SHOCKED!

I called the factory and said :rant: " That's not My Boat! That's Not the engine I ordered!" I called the dealership and told them the same thing! Everyone said they would look into it. Hours pass.........no word.
The guy from the factory tells me that that was indeed the engine on the build order. I said "IMPOSSIBLE..........I ORDERED THE MCX!!!"

I told him "take it back inside amd swap out the motor."
He says " That will be hard to do as it is already on it's way to Cincinnati"

In the mean time, the saleman I bought the boat from calls and tells me it's all his fault..........he put the wrong motor on the build sheet.

To sum this up......not the factory's fault, the salesman screwed up. To rectify the mistake......I received about $2000 worth of equipment for taking the boat with the Predator engine. Been extremely happy with the boat!

Leroy
12-26-2004, 01:44 AM
Mag; I think you came out ahead!

mitch
12-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Mag, That's a bummer, but the 310 is a great motor. What did you get for the $2K worth of equipment?

Mag_Red
12-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Mag, That's a bummer, but the 310 is a great motor. What did you get for the $2K worth of equipment?Everything! New ski, new wakeboard, appropriate tow lines, new fenders, mooring lines, two anchors, chain, some new neoprene vests....you name it! LOL

mitch
12-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Nice!!!!!!!

André
12-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Mag
Did you receive these items for the price difference between the Mcx and Predator or for the saleman scew up?

Mag_Red
12-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Mag
Did you receive these items for the price difference between the Mcx and Predator or for the saleman scew up? The Predator engine dropped the sales price by $1600 and then I got to pick out all that stuff :dance: It was that or wait till another build date which would have took me into a late July delivery.

MarkP
12-26-2004, 02:52 PM
I was going to ask that.. Cool!!

BriEOD
12-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Mark,

Are you watching the Pitt v Bal game?

MarkP
12-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Just ended:banana: :popcorn: :banana:

André
12-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Is the MCX a 1600 $ option?
I was thinking much more than that...

Gene
Are you sure you ordered the LQ 9 ? Just kidding...

Mag_Red
12-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Is the MCX a 1600 $ option?
I was thinking much more than that...

Gene
Are you sure you ordered the LQ 9 ? Just kidding...That's the figure that was on the sales order for the boat. I ordered it at the Boat Show in Cincinnati. Lot's of wheeling and dealing going on. That may have been Mastercrafts cost to the dealer for that option. All I know is I beat them down on everything in order for them to make the sale. :D

gene dobies
12-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Long story Gene........lets see.........I was planning on going down and watch them build my boat. I kept calling the dealership to get a build date, so many times http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/toetap05.gif that I was probably pissing them off. When I finally got the build date, I had gotten so busy with work,http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/willy_nilly.gif that there was no way I could go down.

So I called the factory and asked, can't recall the guys name, them to take some digital pics and send them to me. So I keep calling the guy at the factory asking if he had some pics yet. Finally after about 10 phone calls, he tells me he had some great pics but they were still in the camera and he needed to download them. About 5 more phone calls later, the guy finally calls me and tells me he downloaded them and would send them as soon as he got home.

About 5 days later, I get a call and he tells me he finally e-mailed the pics! I rush home and anxiously watch the pictures upload one by one. I was so excited! Right up to the time the picture with the engine was opening. I was SHOCKED!

I called the factory and said :rant: " That's not My Boat! That's Not the engine I ordered!" I called the dealership and told them the same thing! Everyone said they would look into it. Hours pass.........no word.
The guy from the factory tells me that that was indeed the engine on the build order. I said "IMPOSSIBLE..........I ORDERED THE MCX!!!"

I told him "take it back inside amd swap out the motor."
He says " That will be hard to do as it is already on it's way to Cincinnati"

In the mean time, the saleman I bought the boat from calls and tells me it's all his fault..........he put the wrong motor on the build sheet.

To sum this up......not the factory's fault, the salesman screwed up. To rectify the mistake......I received about $2000 worth of equipment for taking the boat with the Predator engine. Been extremely happy with the boat! Thanks Mag, that clears it up. Knew you had not received the engine ordered but was curious when I saw the pics from the factory. Very nice boat... I was glad when I saw my pics from the factory a couple of weeks my boat did have the right engine, now let's hope everything I couldn't see is on it,,, hahaa,,,,,take care Mag

Ric
12-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Gene did you contact the same guy as Mag did for pics?
Also, how long ago did you order yours?
My order is 11 weeks old now :rant:

gene dobies
12-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Gene did you contact the same guy as Mag did for pics?
Also, how long ago did you order yours?
My order is 11 weeks old now :rant:

I spoke with a person by the name of Chris Wingo at MasterCraft. He was very good to me and set up some pics for me to see after I left the factory, since mine was still in the mold when I was there for the tour. I ordered the boat some time in September and it was built early December. The dealer told me they expect it up here in upstate NY around the 15th of January. Good Luck with yours my friend.

Ric
12-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Thanks I have spoken with Chris about tours, he is very helpful.
He found mine in the rigging shop before Tday so I said I'd wait on the tour til spring since a rush out to TN would be a waste knowing I wouldn't see mine in the works.
I'm forced to think bad thoughts since mine was in rigging before Thanksgiving is still not here.

Trying to think happy thoughts.....

André
12-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Ric , Gene .
Did any of you bought the "Special water barrier stuff " option that would waterproof the gel if you leave your boat in the water? Was it offered and explain to you guys?
If so how much for that option?
Just plain curiosity...OK, maybe i'm jealous of your new boats too!Congrats!

Ric
12-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Sure, that's why it's taking so long to build it Andre!

gene dobies
12-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Ric , Gene .
Did any of you bought the "Special water barrier stuff " option that would waterproof the gel if you leave your boat in the water? Was it offered and explain to you guys?
If so how much for that option?
Just plain curiosity...OK, maybe i'm jealous of your new boats too!Congrats!

No, and it wasn't offered either. I keep mine out of the water on a lift so I'm not very worried. My last SportStar did get some small blisters on it though and I kept in the water about 5 months a year. Wished it had been brought up to me when I bought it in 1999.

André
12-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Ric
Seriously?

Ric
12-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Nooooo
Hell I'd never even heard of it til that guy posted those pics the other day.
It'll most likely never be an issue for me since I rarely leave it in the water overnight, yet I do hate to see what that guy is experiencing!

André
12-28-2004, 12:58 PM
I would not wish that to worst ennemy!!! :eek: