PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Table

Rich_G
12-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Everybody has seen the popular wakeboard bench seat. Well, I only have one used (hairline cracked) board, and the Mrs. has decided I need to make a coffee table out of it for my son's room. Before Christmas.

I don't have a scroll saw or jig saw, so I'm not really thinking about a fine carpentry woodworking project. Ideally, I could find some sort of metal frame to mount it on; or parts I could get at Lowes or Depot.

PVC would be a last resort..., my kids already make fun of me for my many uses of that particular material.

Ty Pennington probably doesn't own a MasterCraft, so it's up to you handy gentlemen (and ladies too). I will definitely post of the pick of the final product. Thanks in advance.

Farmer Ted
12-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Everybody has seen the popular wakeboard bench seat. Well, I only have one used (hairline cracked) board, and the Mrs. has decided I need to make a coffee table out of it for my son's room. Before Christmas.

I don't have a scroll saw or jig saw, so I'm not really thinking about a fine carpentry woodworking project. Ideally, I could find some sort of metal frame to mount it on; or parts I could get at Lowes or Depot.

PVC would be a last resort..., my kids already make fun of me for my many uses of that particular material.

Ty Pennington probably doesn't own a MasterCraft, so it's up to you handy gentlemen (and ladies too). I will definitely post of the pick of the final product. Thanks in advance.

I'd try and get some pipe fashioned in the shaped of a handle, then extend some more pipe from the handle (think where the rope would be) to the bottom of the board.

The only drawback would be lack of stability.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-05-2006, 12:11 PM
The H depot should sell table legs, large and small.
Otherwise, why not mount some wall brackets and hang it like a shelf?

Maristar210
12-05-2006, 12:18 PM
I could fabricate the base out of metal for you? You would have to drill holes in the board and buy some hardware is all.

Erk knows my handyworkhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/garage0906002.jpg

Monte
12-05-2006, 12:24 PM
A quick thought would be to go to either of the above stores, grab some sawhorse brackets, get some 2 x 4's, have the measurements ready, they'll them cut them to your specs. basically make two mini sawhorses and bolt the wb to them...

RobertT
12-05-2006, 12:49 PM
You can definitely buy table legs from Home Depot and use epoxy or gorilla glue and a single 1/4" x 3" screw from the top, but if it were me I would skip all of that and go to Walmart and look through their household dept for a cheap glass top table. Use the base only, replace the glass with the board.

Better yet, just buy the smallest end table that you can and glue the board to the top of it with silicon caulk. Cant get any easier than that.

Something like this....

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4328477

Any store close by will have some type of table like that. You are done in less than ten minutes, and it wont look homemade.

Now that I think about it, that would be cool for my kids room as well....

Hmmm

jimmer2880
12-06-2006, 05:46 AM
The local SAMS has a 2'x4' table with foldable legs. The legs adjust to 3 different heights. I just bought one before turkey day & it's great. I think I'd go grab that & replace the top with the board.

Maristar210
12-06-2006, 07:31 AM
The local SAMS has a 2'x4' table with foldable legs. The legs adjust to 3 different heights. I just bought one before turkey day & it's great. I think I'd go grab that & replace the top with the board.

This type of idea sounds pretty easy to get done...

Steve

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 09:08 AM
This type of idea sounds pretty easy to get done...

Steve
Steve, You need to have another party......A drywall install party for that garage....;)

Speaking of which, do you have that board screwed to the wall?