PDA

View Full Version : Chevy

dmayer84
12-04-2006, 10:59 PM
So I came home from work today and I had a message from GM. It was regarding when I went to the dealership and I had a very unplesant experience with not recieving any help. I sent them an email expecting to never hear anything about it. She asked me to call her back and leave her a message with the best time to call. Guess Ill hear from her later this week.

trickskier
12-04-2006, 11:10 PM
So I came home from work today and I had a message from GM. It was regarding when I went to the dealership and I had a very unplesant experience with not recieving any help. I sent them an email expecting to never hear anything about it. She asked me to call her back and leave her a message with the best time to call. Guess Ill hear from her later this week.

GM takes customer satisfaction very serious. The dealership here has fired service writers and even the assistant service manager because of customer complaints.

Ric
12-06-2006, 09:22 AM
keep us posted .

dmayer84
12-06-2006, 09:42 AM
So I got a call back last night and the Lady from GM who just asked me if it is ok for her to tell the managment at the dealership that I went to about it. I said yes and she then asked me a few questions about what happened and that was it. I thought they would at least try to get my business back but there were no questions about whether I ended up buying something else or if I did.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 10:13 AM
So I got a call back last night and the Lady from GM who just asked me if it is ok for her to tell the managment at the dealership that I went to about it. I said yes and she then asked me a few questions about what happened and that was it. I thought they would at least try to get my business back but there were no questions about whether I ended up buying something else or if I did.
I must have missed something, you went to buy a vehicle. I "assumed" you were talking about vehicle service.

What was the problem?

dmayer84
12-06-2006, 10:17 AM
I must have missed something, you went to buy a vehicle. I "assumed" you were talking about vehicle service.

What was the problem?

I went there to go look at Tahoes and I couldnt get anyone to help me to find out what they had. He told me that they only had two in stock that were in the high 50's which I knew wasnt true from walking around the lot before going inside. In the end they just didnt want to help me, and didnt want my business. I had to go and ask someone from a group of employees sitting around one of the tables shootin th $***.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 10:23 AM
I went there to go look at Tahoes and I couldnt get anyone to help me to find out what they had. He told me that they only had two in stock that were in the high 50's which I knew wasnt true from walking around the lot before going inside. In the end they just didnt want to help me, and didnt want my business. I had to go and ask someone from a group of employees sitting around one of the tables shootin th $***.
Ah.... I had the same experience at the Porsche dealership recently..... I wonder if they KNEW I wasn't going to buy anything, or if my 6 year old ripped up carhartt (just broke in:) ) jacket, and filthy jeans were a sign I might have been in the wrong place....Often times "they" judge the book by the cover....... Dealerships that is. It happens A LOT, and at ALL dealerships.. Well most I should say....

Ric
12-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I went there to go look at Tahoes and I couldnt get anyone to help me to find out what they had. He told me that they only had two in stock that were in the high 50's which I knew wasnt true from walking around the lot before going inside. In the end they just didnt want to help me, and didnt want my business. I had to go and ask someone from a group of employees sitting around one of the tables shootin th $***. I had that happen to me when I was about 20. Just took my hardworking studentass on down the road and bought from the next guy.. never looked back either

dmayer84
12-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Ah.... I had the same experience at the Porsche dealership recently..... I wonder if they KNEW I wasn't going to buy anything, or if my 6 year old ripped up carhartt (just broke in:) ) jacket, and filthy jeans were a sign I might have been in the wrong place....Often times "they" judge the book by the cover....... Dealerships that is. It happens A LOT, and at ALL dealerships.. Well most I should say....

I have to say the MC dealership definately didn't otherwise who knows what I would have ended up with. I still think I am going to get a new Tahoe in the spring, just saving up more for down payment since im not doin any towing during the winter.

JimN
12-06-2006, 10:37 AM
dmayer- your profile shows that you're 22. The sales person probably thought that you're too young to actually buy one and you were just there to stroke him, so he would be wasting his time, not that he bothered to find out anything about you. There's a reason people in car sales have the reputation they do.

If you bought something else already, you can always drive through their lot slowly and wave to him- that's what a customer from the first dealership I worked for did. This guy owns a printing company and he was there on a Saturday doing maintenance on some of the presses, wearing coveralls that were pretty inked up, so he looked pretty bad. Probably had ink on his face, hands and everything else, too. He was looking a 7 series BMWs so the salesman started dogging in case he wanted to sit in one of them. Wouldn't give him much info, just seemed to want him to leave. Well, he went to a different BMW dealer, was treated the way he would if he had been wearing a suit, no mention of what he looked like or anything and spent quite a bit of time answering his questions. He bought one for himself and one for his wife. 7 series, big bucks.

He did a drive through and threw it in the salesman's face. I don't blame him.

Classic case of "Never judge a book by its cover".

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 11:01 AM
There's a reason people in car sales have the reputation they do
Yes there is.
And I for one am a car shopper.... And can say....They never cease to amaze me....

dmayer84
12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I am still just amazed how I got absolutely no help. I happened to go in to an Audi dealership with my father and I was getting jumped on by salesman and I wasnt even looking at anything. Guess just different standards in different companys.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 11:48 AM
I am still just amazed how I got absolutely no help. I happened to go in to an Audi dealership with my father and I was getting jumped on by salesman and I wasnt even looking at anything. Guess just different standards in different companys.
Did you bring your father to the "other" dealer??

JimN
12-06-2006, 11:49 AM
It may be an isolated incident (you know, ha was having a bad day, wife is boinking someone who looks just like you, etc) but it may have been a management policy, too. Easy enough to check into- you go in and talk to some of the other sales people after finding out when he won't be there. If they act the same way, it may not be just him.

Datdude
12-06-2006, 11:56 AM

Being in sales (NOT car sales) I learned a long time ago to never judge a book by its cover. It is a difficult thing to overcome, but it needs to be done. Our companies biggest customer of all time came in to our store the first time with ripped jeans and covered in paint.

I bought a new Chevy truck a few months ago, and the first dealer I stopped at had no interest in doing business with me. Their price was way out of line, and their attitude was terrible. The sales lady even rolled her eyes:rolleyes: when I asked to drive one of the trucks I was interested in. I ended up buying from a dealership that I have done business with in the past and had a great experience. I wanted in the worst way to go find the lady I was dealing with and show her my new truck, but I chickened out every time.

dmayer84
12-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Once I'm ready to purchase I will just go to another dealership. There are enough of them around.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 12:02 PM
"You have NO IDEA how bad you just messed up smackstick".......

ttu
12-06-2006, 12:05 PM
I had somewhat the same thing happen to me. I was 25 and was looking at some suv's back in 1990. When I asked to take the vehicle for a test drive the salesmen said that he would take me for a drive "once" I brought my father with me.:mad:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Once I'm ready to purchase I will just go to another dealership. There are enough of them around.
True, but there are also usually alot of salespeople at each dealer.
And I can tell you this. I am one of those people that at times PREFER to be LEFT ALONE when shopping. And a few dealers (I think) would like to allow people to wonder first and then smarm afterward. Not everyone likes to be bothered when they walk in the door.
I had a similar thing happen as you at an Audi dealer. I felt like I was the BIG SALE OF THE MONTH.....I was the mouse trying to get away from the cat.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 12:17 PM
I had somewhat the same thing happen to me. I was 25 and was looking at some suv's back in 1990. When I asked to take the vehicle for a test drive the salesmen said that he would take me for a drive "once" I brought my father with me.:mad:
I tried to convince the Ford dealer to let me take their new GT40 out for a ride and I might be interested.... Didn't happen... They wanted a copy of my drivers license first......:rolleyes: So we didn't go for a ride..... I guess I'll just go back for a ride when it comes back used in a year...:D

phecksel
12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Some friends of my parent's owned a dealership, and I was asked to drop off a wedding gift for their son on my way through that town. I was driving a g/f Porsche, so wasn't totally surprised to see both car doors opened by sales people. What I was surprised at, was the barely running POS VW bug getting the exact same treatment. Following up, he was extremely successful and had a huge customer satisfaction rating.

Recently my wife took her car into the local dealer, I personally know the owner as I used to live about five houses away from him. This car has had a problem since day one with the trunk latch. Finally got bad enough it had to be repaired. First thing the service manager did was belittle my wife...not a good idea. After she came unglued, he accused her of getting in an accident, and being afraid to tell me. When I suggest you don't F* with the B*, you don't. She tore the salesmans head off and I later attempted to follow up with the owner. They fixed the car, but their "fix" only partially solved the issue. I ended up fixing it right, and it only took a few minutes :( That dealership will not get any more future business from my family. I can't imagine how they treat people they don't know

Maristar210
12-06-2006, 12:30 PM
I had to pick up a co-worker at the local Dodge dealership in a small town here recently. I pulled in the East side of the lot and noticed no less than five people inside the all glass showroom stick thier necks up looking like five cheetahs in the wild. I had driven in the wrong side so I had to drive around the back to get to the service side. When I came around those same five cheetahs had walked across the showroom floor just to see if I was parking my GMC to stop for a look. I literally was laughing when I left.

Silly Salivating Desperate Dodge Dealers:rolleyes:

ttu
12-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I had to pick up a co-worker at the local Dodge dealership in a small town here recently. I pulled in the East side of the lot and noticed no less than five people inside the all glass showroom stick thier necks up looking like five cheetahs in the wild. I had driven in the wrong side so I had to drive around the back to get to the service side. When I came around those same five cheetahs had walked across the showroom floor just to see if I was parking my GMC to stop for a look. I literally was laughing when I left.

Silly Salivating Desperate Dodge Dealers:rolleyes:

Back when I used to be a claims adjuster, I had to inspect a wrecked vehicle at the body shop behind a dodge dealership. I watched as some poor person can in to look at vehicles and the salemen tossed the people's keys on top of the showroom roof. That was a new one to me.

Back in June, I purchased a 07 Tahoe from the dealer that was closest to me. I made them a offer and gave them my cell number to call if they wanted to make a deal. Needless to say it took the whole day to get the deal done. I finally at 7pm, told them they had 20 minutes to make up their mind or I would simply go to another chev dealership in the metro area.

Deal done

JKTX21
12-06-2006, 01:46 PM
I have made up my mind to only deal with higher end dealerships due to the experience I had at a Lexus dealer even when buying a used Ford from them. They treated me awesome, didn't jerk me around, keep me waiting, or d*ck around with the price like I had seen salesman do to customers at the Ford dealership I worked at. Great customer service is always the best policy and if/when I get in the Lexus salary range, I will go back to them.

flyingskibiker
12-06-2006, 03:34 PM
i had a bad experience w/ a honda atv dealer. i had seen an ad for the quad i wanted at a great price - end of model year. i went to one closer and tried to get the same deal. the saleman said that the price i had seen isn't available. even called the other dealer to "confirm". right in front of me. said they were the same price as this dealer. but he would go "talk to his manager"... at that point, i knew he was an a$$. yes, i was about 20. but i had enough money to cut a check right there... so, i go outside to a phone booth and call the other dealer. they say they have what i want for the price i saw. drove the 30 mile, cut a check, and took it home! the other dealer calls me that night to see if i'm still interested in thier quad - very few left at that time. i say no, i just bought one, paid in full, from the other dealer...

Archimedes
12-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Classic case of "Never judge a book by its cover".

Yeah but for every 20 year old guy that comes in and CAN afford a $45k Tahoe, there's probably 20 guys that come in and CAN'T and just waste the salesman's time. He's just playing the odds. My guess is he was really busy. If he's sitting on his a$$ and not helping the guy out, then he's just dumb.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah but for every 20 year old guy that comes in and CAN afford a $45k Tahoe, there's probably 20 guys that come in and CAN'
Yeah but,but,but.:rolleyes: .......For those 20 there is probably 5-10 that can't afford, but the dealer would do them a FAVOR and GET them the loan that they CAN afford.....for that vehicle they probably shouldn't afford....

Say son, what payment were you lookin' to be in..... I've got just the thing for you....:rolleyes:

Monte
12-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Say son, what payment were you lookin' to be in..... I've got just the thing for you....:rolleyes:

To add... Of course we can add the tow pkge to your new AVEO.

Ric
12-06-2006, 06:33 PM
To add... Of course we can add the tow pkge to your new AVEO. This is actually the last one we have in this color guy, so we better get you approved and in this baby right now

slink976
12-06-2006, 07:16 PM
This is a good thread! funny too.

I had a similar story, I was in shorts and flip flops fresh off the lake. Me and one of my buddies where talking during some down time in our sets about the new dodge viper. So I decided to go buy one!!! I know spur of the moment and all but man I was jazzed. So I roll up with my truck my boat still attached to the dealership to test drive and buy one. after eye balling the thing for 15 minutes or so (had sale guys come up to me but told him I wanted a few minutes) I decided to buy it, but first wanted to test drive it. I was denied a test drive becuase it was a 80k car. The salesmen said they only allow true buyers to test drive. I told him that I was and I also was going to be paying in cash! Still no go :( I then talked to the manager, he said I would have too supply bank doc's to prove that I was serious.... After a few choice words of my own I walked out. went to the Mastercraft shop and bought a new X2. Which since my dealer knows me (i have already bought from him/partied at his house yada yada yada) let me take the boat for a test run no questions asked. hmmmmm I realize the MC is only 65k but I am sure if I wanted to take an X80 out with dual motor he would of thrown me the keys and said have fun!

jimmer2880
12-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I have never, ever had a good experience with a sales person. They would never ever give me the time of the day. I have learned to call ahead. I call them in the middle of the day. Tell them I'll be over at 5:30. Here's what I'm interested. If you have it & we settle on a price, I'll drive it home. I also tell them, no BS. I'll leave in a heartbeat if you start f'ing around with "the manager" to get approval, etc. That makes them chase after you when they realize you're in your truck heading out of the lot to another dealer because they left you alone for too long.

dog paw
12-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah but for every 20 year old guy that comes in and CAN afford a $45k Tahoe, there's probably 20 guys that come in and CAN'T and just waste the salesman's time. He's just playing the odds. My guess is he was really busy. If he's sitting on his a$$ and not helping the guy out, then he's just dumb.

So true! Best part of 30 years I have worked at a dealership and the staff can tell storys that top all these. Our outfit is small and the "stealership" games dont fly. But you do see some lu lu's roll through.

One of the best ones that sticks in my mind is the drunk that ran one of our people off the road got caught and later came busting into the service dept with a 12 gauge..... Fun stuff!

Years ago we had a old timer that would come to the shop at the am break for free coffee and to shoot the bull, hell of a nice guy. Drove a beat up old Ford brush painted compleat with a smilie face on the doors. Always in old work clothes, one time came in with his feet wrapped with duct tape. He has long since passed but come to find out he could have bought the dealership at a drop of a hat. He prolly had a lot of fun with salesmen LOL!

I have to side with the dealerships with covering themselves on the road test thing.They have to try and judge by there past experience.Would you honestly even want to buy a high end vehicle that who knows how many people have got there jollys in doing burnouts and lord knows what else??

Its sad but people as a whole really let me down more and more. For every scam you see a dealer pull theres just as many going on the other way. It would be a eye opener if you guys could see it from the other side too.

Archimedes
12-06-2006, 09:39 PM
This is actually the last one we have in this color guy, so we better get you approved and in this baby right now

Oops, just noticed this one's already got the teflon paint guard and fabric care installed on it. Tell ya what, I'll give that to you at half price, my cost, okay? Trust me, you'll thank me a year from now.

dmayer84
12-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Was listening to the radio today and heard that the Chevy dealership that I went to try and buy a car from is closing. They were having a sale so I went over and I should now be picking up an Avalance in a few days.:D:D

Oh and the guy that didnt want to help me last time got fired.

Monte
12-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Was listening to the radio today and heard that the Chevy dealership that I went to try and buy a car from is closing. They were having a sale so I went over and I should now be picking up an Avalance in a few days.:D:D

Thems nice vehicles:) ... Congrats:cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-21-2006, 09:54 AM

As Jim mentioned earlier....

It may be an isolated incident (you know, ha was having a bad day, wife is boinking someone who looks just like you, etc) but it may have been a management policy, too. Easy enough to check into- you go in and talk to some of the other sales people after finding out when he won't be there.

Sounds like you lucked out with the previous incident....;)

Evan Jones
12-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Caught a nicely done 1/2 hour infomercial on the new Chevy pickups. It had the truck division manager and Howie Long-football player-driving around in various models showing all the new features. Made me want to buy one !

dmayer84
12-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Went to go at lunch to take delivery and I think I really know why they are closing. We walked in and the salesman told me that someone else sold the Avalanche by mistake. Started asking what they could do to make up for it. Didnt want to give me a loaded Tahoe for the same price so I got my money back and left. I think I'm gonna give up on this whole new car thing

TMCNo1
12-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Went to go at lunch to take delivery and I think I really know why they are closing. We walked in and the salesman told me that someone else sold the Avalanche by mistake. Started asking what they could do to make up for it. Didnt want to give me a loaded Tahoe for the same price so I got my money back and left. I think I'm gonna give up on this whole new car thing

Now that sucks!
I believe I'd had his hanging like these,

Workin' 4 Toys
12-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Now that sucks!
I believe I'd had his hanging like these,
Actually, I think he is lucky it happened that way. Sounds like he had issues from day one, and I doubt the rest of the transaction would have been acceptable. MOVE ON....;)