PDA

View Full Version : came acroos ugly accident

rodltg2
12-04-2006, 12:35 PM
last night on our way home from dinner, we came up on the tail end of a bad accident. from what it looked like a car turned left in front of a motorcyle. it had just happened when we came up on it, we were one of the first people there. i ran out of the car and tried to see if the guy needed help. some other people already were helping him. in all the choas someone yelled for me to call 911. so i ran back to the car to call, but of course my cell phone was nowhere to be found, as i scrambled looking for it and found it, i heard sirens and saw a fire truck on there way. our car was somewhat blocking traffie since i jumped out so fast, so people were yelling at us too move. we moved the car and although there was nothing more i could do, i felt bad about leaving. my house is down the street, so i went home and brough back some gatordae and water for people. it was just an awful scene...

Sodar
12-04-2006, 12:40 PM
last night on our way home from dinner, we came up on the tail end of a bad accident. from what it looked like a car turned left in front of a motorcyle. it had just happened when we came up on it, we were one of the first people there. i ran out of the car and tried to see if the guy needed help. some other people already were helping him. in all the choas someone yelled for me to call 911. so i ran back to the car to call, but of course my cell phone was nowhere to be found, as i scrambled looking for it and found it, i heard sirens and saw a fire truck on there way. our car was somewhat blocking traffie since i jumped out so fast, so people were yelling at us too move. we moved the car and although there was nothing more i could do, i felt bad about leaving. my house is down the street, so i went home and brough back some gatordae and water for people. it was just an awful scene...

Thats too bad! It is always scary coming up on a recent accident... especially before the police and fire deparment get there. I would love to get a street bike, but it just seems like you are a moving target.

milkmania
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM

too many bad accidents to recall....
but one that sticks out in my mind is coming up on a wreck, parking inthe grass,walking upto the wreck, seeing a body 5 feet from me looking at me missing it's head from the ears up, and walking a few more steps and seeing his buddy in a crumpled mass, backbones sticking out of his shirt.

oh yeah, the motorcycle wreck you saw...
my brother was killed the same way....doing 120 mph and a truck turns left in front of him, his body slammed into another parked vehicle 85 feet away.

took me a long time to get over it, but he was drunk.... so there's not a damned thing I could do about it.

something that ate me up real bad was our mother had died 16 days earlier, and my brother & I were going to have lunch the day he died, but something came up and I had to cancel on him.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Acroos....what does acroos mean? Kant Yu Spel Rod? 8p

Sodar
12-04-2006, 01:03 PM
doing 120 mph and a truck turns left in front of him, his body slammed into another parked vehicle 85 feet away.

It isn't the speed that kills ya... its the stop!!

Ric
12-04-2006, 01:23 PM
It isn't the speed that kills ya... its the stop!! Gordon Liddy refers to this as "speed differential"

12-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Gordon Liddy refers to this as "speed differential"
DO you mean the airplane mechanic Gordon Liddy? 8p

Ric
12-04-2006, 01:26 PM
DO you mean the airplane mechanic Gordon Liddy? 8p "uhhhh Gordo?"

12-04-2006, 01:31 PM
"uhhhh Gordo?"
"Yea, I know where it is, just get a bird's eye view here and whuh huh huh, looks like the bypass line."

sjk
12-04-2006, 02:06 PM
That's really tough Rod, I heard all the sirens heading down Douglas last night, one right after another and figured something pretty bad must've happened down there.

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Kinda weird situation happend at my school this past weekend, what would you guys do. We have a huge greek life here, im not in one, but anyways, from what i have heard one of the frats had a death in the house, Ive heard from some good sources that he killed himself, hung himself with a belt, i could not imagine walking in a room and seeing that. And to make it worse our school newspaper published on the front page the name of the frat as well as the name of the guy who passed, didnt say it was a suicide just stressed no foul play. A sad story, and to make things worse for the frat its finals week next week, thats alot on all of their shoes now.

rodltg2
12-04-2006, 02:21 PM
my fraternity had a simalar situation. it happened after i had already left college. one of the guys shot himself, in the house in his room. i cant imagine how hard it was to rent that room out after that.

dmayer84
12-04-2006, 02:24 PM
One of the frats at the school that I went to actually ended up having a few of the brothers charged with murder. For pledging they made them chug gallons of water. One of the pledges that was actually my friends roomate died from water poisoning. One thing that wasnt realeased though was how many different drugs the kid did on a regular basis so I dont think that it was just the water that killed him.

Sodar
12-04-2006, 02:27 PM
my fraternity had a simalar situation. it happened after i had already left college. one of the guys shot himself, in the house in his room. i cant imagine how hard it was to rent that room out after that.

Yeah, this is a typical college story. Sad, but true. Finals time stresses a lot of people out and unfortunately that is how they take care of it! Worst one that happened at my school was a guy who jumped out of his dorm on the 12th floor. He did it on a Friday night and when he landed, he landed in a bunch of bushes... nobody found him until Monday!

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Ive heard of situations like that with water, and poisening and i think ive heard of brain hemerage to. Our school regulates and has a zero tolerance hazing thing basically, so they have to do things like chug water, or keep them up all night, i think that if they were allowed to haze perhapes alot of the things like chugging water wouldnt happen, therefor fewer deaths, but maybe a few more injurys! :)

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Also getting charged with murder for somthing like that....do you think thats pretty harsh? I would think better water then a bottle of jack

Sodar
12-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Our school regulates and has a zero tolerance hazing thing...

I think this is BS! Our school made all the frats have a "dry" rush party one semester. Then to top it off, they did not want any girls coming to the after party. Our frat was fined and a few kids were expelled for drinking...

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Wow that is real steep. Expelling and ruining a college students life for drinking, just becuase he is in a frat. This would be one of the reasons i did not join, all those rules and regulations

Sodar
12-04-2006, 02:38 PM
You have to pay for what you do!!! I mean one night we were not supposed to drink and we could not do it!! HA HA

It turned out OK, they were just suspened and got to take a year vacation, then finish up school!

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 02:40 PM
yeah rules are rules but college kids, parties and drinking all go hand in hand especially in fraternitys and initiation and all that

Ric
12-04-2006, 03:07 PM
man they were having dry rush when I was in school

Sodar
12-04-2006, 03:11 PM
man they were having dry rush when I was in school

Only lasted one semester!!

Ric
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Only lasted one semester!! I shoulda said it clearer, dry rush isnt new, we were considered alot rougher than say... those beemer drivin alpha nu's in Austin ;) , but our rush was dry back in the late 80's
as far as I know it still is :rolleyes:

Sodar
12-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I shoulda said it clearer, dry rush isnt new, we were considered alot rougher than say... those beemer drivin alpha nu's in Austin ;) , but our rush was dry back in the late 80's

Hey now! Beemer driving nuts... that is about 95% of USC or should I say University of Spoiled Children!!! I was considered a redneck wanting a Tahoe and taking my vacations out at the river or in the desert dirkbiking!!!

12-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I shoulda said it clearer, dry rush isnt new, we were considered alot rougher than say... those beemer drivin alpha nu's in Austin ;) , but our rush was dry back in the late 80's
as far as you know.

Ric
12-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey now! Beemer driving nuts... that is about 95% of USC or should I say University of Spoiled Children!!! I was considered a redneck wanting a Tahoe and taking my vacations out at the river or in the desert dirkbiking!!! hahaha it was a friendly jab at some familiar folks on this board. It wasn't aimed at you guys "If your from California, you're not really anything", Randy Quaid, days of thunder

Sodar
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
hahaha it was a friendly jab at some familiar folks on this board. It wasn't aimed at you guys "If your from California, you're not really anything", Randy Quaid, days of thunder

LOL! Leave it to those Texans! They all think they are special!! 8p ;)

Ric
12-04-2006, 03:56 PM
LOL! Leave it to those Texans! They all think they are special!! 8p ;) Yesssss, with a graceful nod, we are still runnin the show as they say

we have jacked the hell outta rodl's originally serious thread

Sodar
12-04-2006, 04:05 PM
It all Cbryan's fault! Sorry Rod! :(

Ric
12-04-2006, 04:06 PM
The Duke pic is for you USC kids

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 05:34 PM
well i started with a sad story about a school incident then kinda went off track sorry!

Leroy
12-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Which college are you in Cbryan?

Seemed like the student guide from the colleges we visited last spring said they were were pretty lax on drinking.

yeah rules are rules but college kids, parties and drinking all go hand in hand especially in fraternitys and initiation and all that

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 06:09 PM
OHhh they are here to Eastern illinois university. Just during rush week and stuff it gets kinda strict other then that eastern likes to drink to much! i work at a liq store here and there are to many college students that drink EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of the week.

thijs
12-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Here was a strange one from this summer. The family unit was out enjoying some sets and we notice this scene on the shore. It was in the middle of the day, no intersection around. Never did find out what happened.

Ric
12-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Here was a strange one from this summer. The family unit was out enjoying some sets and we notice this scene on the shore. It was in the middle of the day, no intersection around. Never did find out what happened. BAN all cellphones in cars ;)

Leroy
12-04-2006, 06:39 PM
We went there also, nice school, but academics did not match my son's interests very well.
OHhh they are here to Eastern illinois university. Just during rush week and stuff it gets kinda strict other then that eastern likes to drink to much! i work at a liq store here and there are to many college students that drink EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of the week.

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Yeah more of a teaching/communications school, love the campus tho small but not to small and everyone is nice for the most part

12-04-2006, 06:42 PM
We went there also, nice school, but academics did not match my son's interests very well.
now Leroy, NO college ACEDEMICS match a students interests..... :rolleyes:

now drinkin and partyin' that will interest them!:cool:

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 06:43 PM
i dont see what is wrong with eastern then?! 8p

12-04-2006, 06:44 PM
well i started with a sad story about a school incident then kinda went off track sorry!
did someone mention thread jack? :cool:

BTW, its OK to threadjack Rod's theads. :D

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
i would have to say this thread may be slightly off subject!!

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 06:46 PM
but to say the least......he at least stopped was really concern and was a good person and came back with liquids!! Not many people would do that

milkmania
12-04-2006, 08:23 PM
this one was literally in my back yard!
less than 100 yards from the house

Monday, December 4, 2006 10:22 AM CST

Tulsa Man Drowns During Canoe Trip

By Hicham Raache

TIMES RECORD

A Tulsa man died Friday when Poteau River’s swift currents overturned a canoe occupied by him and two friends, an Oklahoma Highway Patrol official said.

Joshua Lantz, 19, was the only member of the group not wearing a life jacket, Communications Officer Steven Brown said.
“The two (other men) were wearing theirs, but Lantz was unable to grab his before (the canoe) turned over,” Brown said.

The canoe entered Poteau River’s flood waters behind a Cameron residence and was eventually overturned by the force of rapid waters.

The canoe overturned at approximately 3:30 p.m. near the Williams community in LeFlore County, and Lantz’s body was recovered at 6:55 p.m. by a rescue operation consisting of members of several different area agencies, according to a report by Trooper Rodney Copeland.

Ornowar Singh, 27, of Tulsa told Copeland that after the canoe overturned, he swam to shore and went for help, and upon returning found his friend Jonathan Calvery, 20, of Cameron hanging on to a tree, according to Copeland’s report.

Calvery was located in the rescue effort prior to the recovery of Lantz’s body, according to Copeland’s report.

Calvery, stricken with hypothermia, was transported to Sparks Regional Medical Center, where he was treated and released.

Coordinating agencies in the rescue operation included LeFlore County Sheriff’s Office, OHP, Poteau Fire Department, EMS, Panama Police Department, Panama Fire Department, Paris Air Evac and Hogeye Fire Department.