PDA

View Full Version : Winter Haven for Christmas

wakesport
12-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Well, I finally winterized here after we got snow two days ago. We were skiing last Sunday but I think we are done for the season. Now we are planning to head to Winter Haven for a week of skiing. So, any of you guys in that area. We will be at Lake Roy for the week between Christmas and New Years.

TMCNo1
12-03-2006, 04:48 PM
atlfootr is in Winter Haven, give him a shout!

André
12-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Well, I finally winterized here after we got snow two days ago. We were skiing last Sunday but I think we are done for the season. Now we are planning to head to Winter Haven for a week of skiing. So, any of you guys in that area. We will be at Lake Roy for the week between Christmas and New Years.
Bringing the boat down there?
Is that a pic of Lake Roy?
Nice...:rolleyes:

Footin
12-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Have fun Larry.

atlfootr
12-03-2006, 07:54 PM
atlfootr is in Winter Haven, give him a shout!Hey Buckwheat,

You bes'b tell'n him to look me up, for some goooooooooooooooood ski'n :D

wakesport
12-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Bringing the boat down there?
Is that a pic of Lake Roy?
Nice...:rolleyes:

Yes that is Lake Roy. And yes we are bringing the boat down. Here's another shot of where we are staying.

wakesport
12-03-2006, 08:28 PM
We'll be there all week. Let me know what works for you.

Hey Buckwheat,

Jim@BAWS
12-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I would personally SKIP lake ROY...way to much traffic, way to many wallies. Get ahold of ATLFOOTER or Billy at Liquid Sports to send you in
the right direction. A lot better places to ski than there. TON of public ramps on WinterHaven.

Enjoy your stay, I am over in Tampa if you want to stop by

Jim@BAWS

atlfootr
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
We'll be there all week.
Let me know what works for you.How's every day, sound :)
Since moving here in Jan, I have found many a secret lo - cals that will provide you w/ plenty of pure solo glass .
So much in fact, that you would swear to be on your own private lake.

TMCNo1
12-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey Buckwheat,

Yea wakesport, like atlfootr says, he's good skieople!

atlfootr
12-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Yea wakesport, like atlfootr says, he's good skieople! Hey,

Thanks BW 8p

wakesport
12-03-2006, 10:21 PM
I would personally SKIP lake ROY...way to much traffic, way to many wallies. Get ahold of ATLFOOTER or Billy at Liquid Sports to send you in
the right direction. A lot better places to ski than there. TON of public ramps on WinterHaven.

Jim@BAWS

We are only staying at Lake Roy. Although last year there were very few people out during the Christmas week. I guess they thought it was too cold. They have no idea what real cold is to ski in.

atlfootr
12-03-2006, 10:32 PM
last year there were very few people out during the Christmas week, I guess they thought it was too cold.
They have no idea what real cold is to ski in.AMEN brother!

wakesport
12-03-2006, 10:45 PM
How's every day, sound :)
Since moving here in Jan, I have found many a secret lo - cals that will provide you w/ plenty of pure solo glass .
So much in fact, that you would swear to be on your own private lake.

We're always looking for some great water. So, let us know where to meet. It will just be the two of us. Last year we skied each day 3 times a day and then just hung out and rested. What lake are you on? We did not go too far from the hotel. We usually went over to the course in the morning and then where ever else we had calm water.

atlfootr
12-03-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm 10 mins frm Lk Roy Inn :D

wakesport
12-03-2006, 10:52 PM

Jim@BAWS

Here's what it looked like last Christmas.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~wakesport/Florida_d.WMV